New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 21st Games

+8
goldenbear
Tulliver
bb603
NHHoopsFan
Bert54the1
GNG
JAF
Tuesday and Friday
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Feb. 21st Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Feb. 21st Games

Post  FOXY LADY Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 am

Well said T & F Very Happy

FOXY LADY
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games - Page 3 Empty Removed

Post  Bert54the1 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:27 am

I'm editing this because it shoudl have been taken to Private Messaging not aired publicly. As you know, if you have an issue with how something is Moderated by one of the Moderators, please do it privately with that Moderator or take it up with me. Bert - I'll PM you.

The Assistant

Last edited by The Assistant on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:53 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Should have been taken to Private Messaging)

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:01 pm

OK here's the deal with refereeing. Some of you are new to the forum, some of you weren't around in the Aceboard days, or VoyFroum days before that. Here's where I personally stand on this issue, and others (moderators included) may feel differently.

I'm OK with discussing whether the referees were good or bad. But it can't turn into a badmouthing session. There are ways to word your opinions on any matter that are respectful to those referees (even if they had a tough night). Look, referees are part of the game, always will be, but in my opinion they are usually not the reason a team won or lost, so there really isn't a point discussing it.

The reason the moderating crew has a quick trigger is because last year most threads were dominated by referee talk and it simply got boring and frustrating to read time and time again. We want to focus on the BASKETBALL that was played, with the understanding that the refs are part of the game.

If we need to - we can start a thread about the refereeing as long as its kept respectful I have no problem discussing the state of the NH referees. Its something that comes up every year and is a part of sports. Lets just not personally attack the guys out there (not saying you did Bert) who do this as a second job, and take time away from their families to officiate the sport.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:18 pm

SeacoastDad wrote:

Saw that Brady beat Milford 41-40. I believe that mathematically eliminates the defending D-2 champions from making the tournament. My, how the mighty have fallen.

It did they needed to win out and needed a fair amount of help. There has been a lot of "dysfunction" with the season for Milford that hasn't really been talked about. I knew obviously they wouldn't be anything near what they were last year but figured with there schedule they could've pulled out 8 or 9 wins looks like I was wrong.

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games - Page 3 Empty Props to Jason King

Post  tarrier Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Just want to explain my "props to Jason King" comment for attending the Merrimack/North game that has GNG wondering why. What I meant was that when I saw Jason sitting in the stands supporting his child, it made me think about what it will be like for me down the road when my boys(only 4 and 2 years old right now) are in their senior years and their high school sports careers are winding down. I would want to savor the moment, which it looked to me like Jason King was doing. That's all. I don't know Dimitri's parents, or most high school kids parents who I'm sure all support their kids by attending their games, etc. I singled out Jason because he's a sports guy I see on WMUR. It just made me realize he's a real person too.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games - Page 3 Empty Pete's off to see the Wizard

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 am

"it made me think about what it will be like for me down the road when my boys(only 4 and 2 years old right now) are in their senior years and their high school sports careers are winding down."
Pete Tarrier

Well Pete: You talking about your 2 and 4 year old sons got me thinking about the year 2026........

........My house landed in the parking lot of the Lundholm Gym. I walk through my black and white living room, open up the door and a panoramic breath taking color picture comes into view. It's the Lollipop Guild directed by SeacoastDad, JAF and GNG. They start singing to follow the Yellow Brick Road to Jeremy L's house where he shows me the rankings of HS basketball players in NH. The Tarrier boys are tops in their soph and senior classes. Jeremy has videos galore of the renowned Tarrier boys. They are in a playoff run never seen before in NH. Dave Haley has an article on the Tarrier boys which wins the prize for best sports article in NH. Tulliver and the Asst praise the Tarrier boys on the Forum. They are combining for 50 points/game in leading their HS to the championship game.......The coach of the undefeated team is an up and comer named Doc Fitzpatrick.

The UNH gym is packed to the rafters as fans want to see if the Tarrier boys can complete the undefeated season in the D1 championship game. Believe it or not, Moe is one of the refs. He brought his whistle out of the hall of fame just for this historic game. Justin McIsaac is rocking and rollin on the airwaves bringing out every metaphor under the Rochester sun. The game is completely sold out. The opening tap is about to take place. There is a loud banging on the gym doors.........

........It's Marc Thaler. He had the wrong information for the start time. The Durham fire marshal asks GNG what he thinks. GNG says he'll have to read about the game on the Forum.

The game is well played. The best championship game ever: 82 to 81 with 10 seconds left (Amazing what a shot clock can do in NH in 2026) and the Tarrier boys are down. Doc Fitz diagrams the final play in the huddle. The younger Tarrier will inbound it to the older Tarrier. Doc Fitz says, "Don't let the paint dry!!" The Tarrier senior is looking up at the clock as he dribbles 20 feet from the hoop...... 5, 4, 3, 2 and from 17 feet the Tarrier boy launches a picture perfect shot and the ball is suspended in the air as if all time has stopped in NH for this majestic moment. The ball smoothly goes to the rim and just as the buzzer goes off...........

............I'm woken up by Auntie Em in my black and white bed room. I ask Auntie Em, "What about the final shot from the older Tarrier boy?"

She says, "Oh it was quite something. Nothing but net."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games - Page 3 Empty You came up with that in less then an hour.

Post  GNG Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:01 am

Not bad. Not bad at all. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I would have added.

Game was being broadcast live on wmur with longtime announcing team Jason King and Pete Tarrier. Wink sunny sunny Very Happy Very Happy Smile

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:10 am

GNG wrote:

Game was being broadcast live on wmur with longtime announcing team Jason King and Pete Tarrier. Wink sunny sunny Very Happy Very Happy Smile

I think McIssac would be doing the play by play in that broadcast Smile
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:33 am

HEY! Referring to me as a Munchkin is an insult ... to Munchkins everywhere!

Nicely done.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games - Page 3 Empty 2026 Championship Game

Post  tarrier Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:57 pm

I'll take that "dream season" scenario any day of the week T&F. Gotta admit, I would love to see it play out that way!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3