@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Jan. 21st Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jan. 21st Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:07 am

North at Spaulding: A couple of "middle of the Pack" teams.

South at Merrimack: Could be the game of the night. It should be a very close game decided in the last minute or the last possession.

Bedford at Trinity: Not good for the Bulldogs to face a Trinity team that lost to Central by 17. I've been asking people when was the last time Trinity lost by double digits at home. Nobody can give me an answer which means it's been a very long time.

Central at West: The last time they met in the QCIBT Central won by nearly 50. This one is at West's court, so it should be a smidgen closer. If you attend this game remember half of the stands at West are closed. This should make for an interesting ambience to the game along with did you get in or did you get sold out.

Portsmouth at Milford: It will be interesting to see what defensive schemes Coach Mulvey will throw at Mitchell, Holder and O'Loughlin. The point guard matchup between Walker and Mitchell should be a good one...........

......... Oh sorry, my basketball mind just had a retro moment.  bounce 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Re: Jan. 21st Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:30 am

A little nugget from last night:

Campbell upset Conant 50 - 49 on a buzzer beating layup. I heard the game was as good as the Brady - Lebanon 2 OT thriller last Friday. The atmosphere at the Campbell gym was a Quarterfinal home game type. When the winning shot went in and the buzzer sounded the Campbell fans flooded the gym floor in winning ecstasy.

Nice article from Jeremy on this great game:

http://www.nhnotebook.com/2014/01/campbell-shocks-state-beats-conant-on.html#more

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan 21 Games

Post  3buoyshoops on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Hopefully they get these games in tonight, There's some interesting games/match ups. Nothing to do this evening in Siberia? Catch a local high school game! Best entertainment for the buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

NASHUA NORTH vs. SPAULDING : Two average teams trying to find themselves, seen both, they work very hard and have a couple of pieces. North scrappy and quick and their motor doesn't stop, Will surprise some teams. Spaulding, Up & Down, work hard and Cronin all way's has them ready to give their all, Yeh, Spaulding is down this year but don't take'em for granted.Cronin throw's a lot of different sets and look's at you trying to find some miss matches..............................I like NORTH to mildly upset Spaulding on their home Sheet........................................................................................................................................................................NORTH W.

NASHUA SOUTH vs. MERRIMACK : Great Match up.! Merri looking very strong and remains unscathed in the regular season, Gendron & Bourque making player's around them better, Very physical team that will rough it up with you. There gelling nicely and are at Home. South has had a week off !! not a fan of it! could the nice little momentum they had be gone? rust settling in? we'll see. South is sound and Yordy playing well. This is a defining game that could go a long way for South, I think there up to the task if they don't fall way behind early and have to alter game plan. Merri tough and will be very physical. Can they knock Yordy off his game? Game way bigger for South and their my upset special to this point..............................................................................Hate doing it with Merri playing so well, but lets shake it up a bit!!!!...................NASHUA SOUTH W.

BEDFORD vs. TRINITY: Interesting Match up with Fitz and Keefe, these two are like brother's when it comes to knowing each other tendencies. Keefe, Smarting a bit from Sunday and will have his horses whipped into overdrive to defend against the let down of surrendering to Central other night. Bedford on the other hand has Fitzy scratching his head a bit with this group, he has the pieces of the puzzle it just wont come together. Bedford will hang around for a while and actually match up pretty well with Trinity, but Trinity will wear them down over 4...good game and worth the price just to watch two master's of the game match wit's.....................................................TRINITY W.

MANCHESTER CENTRAL vs. MANCHESTER WEST : The only thing these two teams have in common is MANCHESTER. Long night for West as Doc gets his bench big minutes and critical experience for the home stretch, West gets a lesson in BASKETBALL....................................................................CENTRAL W.

see you on the hardwood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Jeez speaking of retro moments...  afro  Reading the Campbell article and taking note that there are no seniors on the roster reminds me of the last travel team I coached in Litchfield (they're seniors now)... A team that lost to Merrimack in the finals of the MSBL Boys 6th grade D1 championship... Jesiah was a beast back then too... He and Manny Lattimore were great fun to watch! None of the 10 are playing hoops any more, but 4 will play baseball in college and at least 2 will play football... I always figured the grade behind would do well - they had basketball players. They were missing height/size, but Harrison certain fills that void for them.

Funny that chikid is still a top poster even almost 3 years of not posting (may 28, 2011)... Those were the days where the mods were always very busy :-)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:41 pm

"South has had a week off !! not a fan of it!"

3B

It's unbelievable how teams have different schedules. Some teams have 7 to 10 days off while others play 3 games in 7 days or 4 games in 10 days. I don't think the weather will play a part in postponing any games tonight. Weather map is showing snow showers from late afternoon/early evening until midnight. The real snow is supposed to start around the Witching/GNG hour. Nothing surprises me anymore with postponements and cancellations. 2 weeks ago at least 50 to 60% of the games were postponed on a busy Monday night with the threat of a Flash Freeze, which never really came during the driving to and from hours.

Maybe, if some ADs and Principals see one snow flake at around 3:00 pm today they'll be worried Andre Linoge is coming from Little Tall Island, Maine to terrorize HS gyms in NH and they'll postpone games.  

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:
Portsmouth at Milford: It will be interesting to see what defensive schemes Coach Mulvey will throw at Mitchell, Holder and O'Loughlin. The point guard matchup between Walker and Mitchell should be a good one...........

......... Oh sorry, my basketball mind just had a retro moment.    bounce 

Love it!  I think the Portsmouth-Milford game of the night will be the girls' matchup, with the Lady Clippers (5-1) hosting the Lady Spartans (6-1).  Might have to venture over to Stone Gymnasium to see this one.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:10 pm

North @ Spaulding: Hard to beat Spaulding at the Rec Center. Spaulding.
South @ Merrimack: Should be a close game where the team with the best player wins. Merrimack.
Bedford @ Trinity: Trinity doesn't lose two in a row. Trinity.
Central @ West: West-Timby was closer than the score. Central isn't Timby. Central.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Nice to see the Lady Hoopsters getting some keyboard time, SeacoastDad.

Speaking of girl's basketball. There's some interesting scheduling Quirks (come on now, no relation to 1 Crusader Way  Wink ) going on in the D1 girls' division............ more on this in the near future....... No silent confused 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert54the1 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:35 pm

North 2-4 @ 4-3 Spaulding.  North gives up 59 ppg and scores 50. (probably why they are 2-4) Their victory over Bedford stands out.  Spaulding has been inconsistent, surrendering 51 ppg, but has 2 big wins on it's resume, Memorial at home and on the road vs. Alvirne.  North's Lates capable of going-off any night.

South 3-1 @ Merrimack 5-0.  Big game on the schedule.  South's offensive #s are impressive.  65 ppg.  When I've seen them, they have wanted to get up the floor.  Merrimack's defense, 40 ppg, along with 5-1 Londonderry, tops in D1.  (3bouyshoops, it might be just the opposite, the players around them make Gendron and Bourque better) Contrasting styles make this contest interesting.

Bedford 1-4 @ Trinity 5-1  Trinity (telling themselves you only have to beat them once) coming off loss to Central. Bedford who gives-up 56 ppg has played five close ones.  Trinity capable of scoring, 63 ppg, has the home gym and can match Bedford's size. Bedford believers think this is the game of the night.

Central 6-0 @ West 1-6.  Little Green can score, 72 ppg, and has, as the newswriters say, many weapons. West's defense gives it up, 63 ppg.  Don't think this one will be much of a challenge for Central Florida.

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

here we goooooooooo

Post  3buoyshoops on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:09 pm

"IMPENDING" Snow storm starting to create problems for tonight's Schedule:

NORTH vs. SPAULDING :Now moved to 5:00pm with no JV. game..... Any other's please let member's know.........

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:30 pm

The fear of Mr Linoge from Maine is taking hold.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

here we goooooooooo

Post  3buoyshoops on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Portsmouth vs. Milford boy;s and Girls CANCELLED.......And not even a flake............................

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:30 am

Gendron scores his 1000th point last night in Mack's victory over South:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140122/SPORTS21/140129829

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:46 am

Congratulations to Eric - an increasingly rare feat in todays hs bball world of prep school transfers! Great accomplishment - congrats again!

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  1moreknowitall on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Any word on the Manchester games last night? Nothing on NHIAA about Central/West or Trinity/Bedford.

1moreknowitall
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Central beat West.

I'm presuming Trinity beat Bedford. A friend of mine was receiving texts from a Bedford person who said the game was ugly and then stopped receiving correspondences. Going on the assumption if Bedford won, then the correspondences would've continued, I think Trinity won. With no pub in the UL I have to resort to convoluted/subliminal text messages. Just that type of season.

I can see why games were postponed last night or moved up in time frame. I thought there was 1/8 of an inch of snow that fell last night, but it turned out there was actually 1/4 of an inch of snow that fell. I guess team buses can't plow through snow like they used to.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert54the1 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Central over West.

Trinty vs. Bedford ???????

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:20 pm

I believe Trinity won the game with somewhere around a 20 point spread. Back and forth throughout first half - Trinity would get a 10 -15 point lead, Bedford would go on small runs to cut it down to 5 but never get any closer than that. Trinity blew it open late in the third which is when things spread out and stayed there. Trinity had control pretty much from the opening tip.

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:22 pm

No wonder the Bedford fan said it was an ugly game  Cool 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:25 pm

January 21. 2014 - From the UL

Central boys run past West

Brett Hanson tallied 24 points and Mike Plentzas added 18 points to lead unbeaten Manchester Central to a 72-49 victory over Manchester West in a Division I boys' basketball contest at the Charles Quinn Gym Tuesday.

Central (7-0) led 32-22 at halftime. West closed the gap to five in the fourth period before Central pulled away. Hanson and Plentzas combined for 12 of Central's 22 points in the final eight minutes. Joey Martin had 12 points in the win and Jon Martin added eight. Richard Shout led West (1-6) with 10 points.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Postponements (From the UL)

Souhegan of Amherst postponed the boys' and girls' basketball games against Pembroke Tuesday due to the impending snowstorm.

"Impending snowstorm"?

I guess we're all waiting for the impending snowstorm. When does the statute of limitations run out on an impending snowstorm?  scratch

What's funny is I rushed to Pembroke from my gig to catch the Souhegan at Pembroke boy's game. As soon as I pulled in the Pemby parking lot I knew there was something up. I walked into the Pemby gym to see the Pemby girl's varsity team practicing. At that moment I knew both Pemby - Souhegan games had been postponed.

I just shook my head as I walked back to the TOTALLY black Pemby parking lot around 7-ish.   scratch scratch scratch scratch 

There is going to definitely be a condensed factor for the rest of the regular season with all these real and pseudo postponements. Right now there is about 38 days left in the regular season. Most teams have played just north or south of 1/3 of their schedules due to postponements. This means most teams will play about 12 games in the next 38 days or just about 2 1/2 games/week. Throw in another Flash Freeze or "impending snow storm" night or two on big game nights and then you're really going to have a very condensed time frame to finish the regular season games.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:38 pm

I'm sure the Bedford fans expected a better game. I haven't seen either team much this year, but from the writeups on Bedford's previous games, seems as though they were in every single one right to the end. Sounds like this was clearly the worst performance in what has become a very disappointing season for them. They still fought hard but just didn't have the firepower to keep it close toward the end.

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum