New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 21st Games

+8
goldenbear
Tulliver
bb603
NHHoopsFan
Bert54the1
GNG
JAF
Tuesday and Friday
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Feb. 21st Games Empty Feb. 21st Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 am

Winny at BG: BG needs this game to keep pace with getting a top 8 seed and the prelim home game. Winny needs this game to try to secure a playoff spot as they currently sit in sole possession of 13th place.

Alvirne at Pinkerton: Pinkerton was left on the side of the D1 road by some and then came up with a 21 point victory over Merrimack last Friday. Alvirne has looked very vulnerable as of late. A couple of weeks ago I would've said a pick em game. Now I say Pinky is favored in this contest.

West at Memorial: What a difference a month makes. A month ago it looked like West was primed to make a top 4 run. Now, exterior and interior factors has one questioning whether the West season is turning into a lost cause. West is in 10th. If they lose this game and with Pinkerton, Dover and North left on the schedule, it might be time for Don Meredith to sing, "Turn out the lights the party's over......." Memorial can build on their momentum with the big Central victory with a W over West. 2 teams battling for a top 8 seed.

Central at Dover: Central better not take the Green Wave too lightly or they will have a long bus ride home Tuesday night.

Trinity at South: This game hinges on Anthony Muccioli. I noticed he hasn't been too productive in the box scores lately. Is he hurt? Are teams honing in on him? Any one from South have any answers? Muccioli has to have a huge game if South even wants to come close to sniffing an upset against the Pioneers.

Merrimack at North: Not the team Merrimack wants to play when they have averaged 46 points/game in their last 6 games. North has averaged 62 points/game in their last 6 games. This is a severe math problem for Merrimack. I don't think they can out score North in this game. North has won 7 of their last 8. With this game make it 8 of their last 9.

On the girls side BG goes to Winny for a rematch of their thriller played on Jan. 10th. The #1 seed is at stake in this big game. It will be interesting to see how Winny handles Green in this one, because they couldn't handle her in the first game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games Empty Re: Feb. 21st Games

Post  JAF Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:24 am

What affraid no mention of the Concord at Keene game Question or the Timberlane at Londonderry game Exclamation

Those probably have more affect as to "which teams" make the playoffs than any of those other boring seeding games Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

There are probably 6 teams fighting for 4 spots. It could come down to the Exeter/Dover and Concord/Londonderry games at the end of the season to decide who goes on the road to face a top seed and who doesn't have to jump on a bus.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tough choice of a word there Jaf to describe a 16 at 1 or 15 at 2 game. I can't have it with my boys from Londonderry :) :))

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 am

If I ruled king the nhiaa one of the first things I would do for division one hoops is 12 team playoff.

Imagine what a dogfight that would be this season.

Having only 3 teams not make the playoffs is a joke jocolor

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games Empty It is still a dog fight

Post  Bert54the1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:26 am

There's a lot more wrong with the NHIAA than a reduction of four teams from the playoffs.

What's the best game in girl's hoops tonight? Winny and BG. No question. IT'S A REMATCH. The NHIAA has to realign and create the home and home rivalry. That's a big question for discussion...but will it fall on the deaf ears of the NHIAA? Wouldn't it be a great re-match North v. South (North a 59-57 winner on their court) Or how about Trinity a 41-40 loser at home to Central. How about Merrimack v. South. Merrimack took the first contest @ home 62-61. Wouldn't Alvirne's rematch v. Londonderry be interesting? It was 44-40 Bronco victory in round #1. So many possibilities, but they won't happen in my life time.

As for tonight.

Winny @ BG (BG gets one here. Kesty looked good against North.....when he wasn't sitting. Is that delicate enough to avoid the censor?)

Alvirne @ Pinkerton (Patrakis back vs. Merrimack. He's the difference maker.)

West @ Memorial (Memorial, winners in 4 out of 6. West has lost 3 out of 4...they may be done. Is Memorial's big win vs. Central a selling point? Yes.)

Central at Dover (Appears to be a low scoring affair with two teams running sets and disciplined offense. I'll take the Manchester 5.)

Trinity @ South (Interesting match-up. South has battled all year and are 8-7. Seven losses by 25 points. The last four by 9. Have won three straight by 54 points. Trinity is the D1, odds-on favorite. I'm not saying this is an upset special, but the league has been like that this year. I never thought Trinity would score 40 points and lose to Central at home. South will be a tough draw in the tourney)

Merrimack at North (A game of opposites. North wants to push the ball. Merrimack better be careful if they try to run with North without Floras. Merrimack's loss at Pinkerton could be telling. Everyone's making a big deal about it. Could be just a blip, especially considering Memorial's 45-36 victory over Central. Merrimack beat Memorial last week 44-28. Merrimack's two-point loss at Spaulding doesn't look so bad considering Spaulding's 5 straight victories including @ Central and @ West. PS: Floras returning?

Last edited by Bert54the1 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:45 am

Bert54the1 wrote:There's a lot more wrong with the NHIAA than a reduction of four teams from the playoffs.

What's the best game in girl's hoops tonight? Winny and BG. No question. IT'S A REMATCH. The NHIAA has to realign and create the home and home rivalry. That's a big question for discussion...but will it fall on the deaf ears of the NHIAA? Wouldn't it be a great re-match North v. South (North a 59-57 winner on their court) Or how about Trinity a 41-40 loser at home to Central. How about Merrimack v. South. Merrimack took the first contest @ home 62-61. Wouldn't Alvirne's rematch v. Londonderry be interesting? It was 44-40 Bronco victory in round #1. So many possibilities, but they won't happen in my life time.

Don't be so pessimistic. Consider the current state of the football mess and the rumblings about there being 3 divisions with 4 conferences each. It took a few years of constant complaints, but something appears to have finally pushed the NHIAA over the edge into "doing the right thing".

Step forward 3, 4, 5, x years and perhaps with enough "push" we could get the same for basketball. Imagine a conference of BG, North, South, Merrimack! How about Exeter, Spaulding, Dover, Winnacunnet (and even Portsmouth). How about Alvirne, Salem, Londonderry, Pinkerton?? What about Central, West, Trinity, and Memorial. As for the others - drop 'em down they haven't been that competitive for quite a while. Concord is a hockey down... Timberlane is a wrestling town... Keene is a baseball town... We'd be drunken with delight over a new format!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games Empty I agree

Post  Bert54the1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:49 pm

That would be the wave of the future.

There are options that could be discussed...Portsmouth, Con-Val, Souhegan, Pembroke, and Goffstown are all over 1000 students.

I agree....BG, North, South, Merrimack...how about adding Bedford. Keene has to stay, they have 1800 students. Souhegan could be added... maybe even Con-Val. They have a large enough enrollment....that would be 8 teams and 14 division games. Rivalries! Pick up 4 out of division games and we would have something.

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:54 pm

I hate to temper your Tuesday morning enthusiasm on this beautiful morning, but we are talking about the........

...........NHIAA

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:05 pm

I believe the changes that are being made to the football divisions is somewhat attributed to us. They read this forum. They don't like being made fun of.

I didn't even realize how awesome hoops could be playing each team twice.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:40 pm

3 divisions in 1 conference

REM division- West, Memorial, Central, Trinity, Concord, Bedford, and Pembroke.

ILL division- North, South, Merrimack, BG, Alvirne, Londonderry, and Pinkerton.

ARD division- Salem, Spaulding, Winnie, Dover, Exeter, Porstmouth, Timberlane.

reclassify Keene.

Also Timby if we can find someone to take their spot.

Play each team in your division twice,and alternate years for playing team outside your division . 19 games total.

Top 5 from each division make playoffs. Maybe give a bye to 1st place finishers. That would be some awesome hoops, and would really get some rivalries going.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games Empty Doesn't keene have 1800 students.

Post  Bert54the1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Tough to reclassify them based simply on poor performance. Maybe they need to stabilize. Keep a coach for a few years. Build a program.

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  NHHoopsFan Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

My pics:

Trinity beats South. South (8-7) won their last few games but I don't believe they can take #1 Trinity, even at home.

North beats Merrimack. North is hot and on a 4 game winning streak. Merrimack seems to be struggling a bit. Highly unlikely Merrimack will beat North at home.

Spaulding's 5 game winning streak continues over Dover.

Pinkerton carries the momentum from the big Merrimack win into another win at home vs. Alvirne.

Central rebounds from its loss to Memorial and beats Dover.

NHHoopsFan
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games Empty West

Post  bb603 Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:13 pm

West over Memorial - West is hungrier and meaner and it's a city game.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Feb. 21st Games Empty Since I know you missed my percentage picks....

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Winny at BG: I'm going to take BG over Winnie ( 65%)

Alvirne at Pinkerton: Pinkerton 65%

West at Memorial: Memorial 75% though West is a dark den to play in (horrible lighting)

Central at Dover: Central 75% Don't be surprised if Lafond suits up - rumor he wasn't just making a cameo appearance a few weeks ago after all.
(Don't talk to T&F about this - it agitates him)

Trinity at South: I'm going with South 51%.

Merrimack at North: North 70%

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Mucciloi did not play against West hurt himself at the end of the Exeter game,

so he as missed two games and had the off game against Exeter

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:22 pm

"Central at Dover: Central 75% Don't be surprised if Lafond suits up - rumor he wasn't just making a cameo appearance a few weeks ago after all.
(Don't talk to T&F about this - it agitates him)"

Tulliver

This is true. As a matter of fact I have officially retired from the Dylan Lafond Information Club. Tulliver was next in line, so Tulliver is officially the President of this Forum club. If you want to know if Lafond is on the roster, playing, sitting, sick, injured, off the team or on the team, then check with President Tulliver.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 pm

At the end of the 1st period it is North 19 Merrimack 18. For one period at least Merry is proving not to be offensively challenged.

Just heard tempers are flaring at the Winny at BG game. A Cardinal picked up a technical which cost BG 4 points.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 pm

After the 1st period at South it is South 14 Trinity 8.

Tully's 51% pick of South looking good, but can you call that an upset pick on a % pick?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Bad news for Trinity. Sistare caught an elbow to the head. He is being given a concussion test in the first half.

South was up 19 - 8 in the 2nd and then Trinity went on a 6 - 0 run to make it 19 - 14 North with 3 minutes left in the 2nd period.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 pm

North 37 Merrimack 35 at the half. Tyler Gendron having a great half of basketball.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

For Trinity it is point guard by committee with Viscarello out and Sistare knocked out.

At halftime it is South 28 Trinity 22.

The Italian basketball players are ruling as Giampetruzzi leads Trinity with 8 and Muccioli leads South with 11.

Tulliver is making it well known of the 51% pick for South tonight.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 pm

North 51 Merrimack 43 1:48 left in the 3rd quarter.

End of 3rd: North 54 Merrimack 49

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Merrimack went on a 7 - 0 run in the 4th to tie the game at 56.

3:04 to go North 61 Merry 58

1:46 left North 66 Merry 61

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Wow, Trinity out scored South 23 to 8 in the 3rd quarter to take a 45 to 36 lead after 3 quarters.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Londonderry putting away Timberlane 50-21 after 3.

Dover by 2 over Central Girls per Tulliver.

Portsmouth wins big 63-26
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Jeremy reports Winny girls up on BG at halftime 35 - 28 in an absolute BATTLE.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next