New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Dec. 21st Games

4 posters

Go down

Dec. 21st Games Empty Dec. 21st Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:14 am

Even though there is a light schedule for the Monday before Christmas, there are some savory match ups:

BG at Exeter - Exeter has one of the best back courts in D1. Don't really know what you have with Migs' team yet. The Blue Hawks got a big victory on the road at Trinity last Friday. This game might start answering some questions for BG.

Trinity at Londonderry - Both teams coming off of opening night losses. I think the Lancers went into the Bedford locker room last Friday down 33 to 11 and said, " Oh that's right, we're defending champs" and came out in the 2nd half firing on more cylinders. I was mildly surprised by Trinity losing their home opener. This game should go down to the wire and the loser is facing a lump of coal in their basketball stocking.

Winny at North - Both teams had impressive opening night Ws. This should be a really fun back and forth game. Both teams like to go go on offense. 2 good coaches +2 good teams = a really fun game.

Salem at Pinkerton - 2 teams that are legit Top 4 contenders. Salem has the size to match up with the ever-tall Astros. As what happens in most Pinkerton games as of late, this game will come down to how Rizzo, Romick and company shoot from the outside.

Definitely an early Christmas present of games for this night. santa santa santa

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Dec. 21st Games Empty Re: Dec. 21st Games

Post  NH12345 Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:02 am

T&F, great write ups, but where are the predictions? It is always fun to take a guess, especially this year in Division 1 when every game seems like it will be decided by a flip of the coin.

I was 7-1 on my first predictions of the year. Here are what I think for tonight. . .

BG @ Exeter-- Exeter's backcourt is going to carry them through most of the season. If they can get some big guys to bang around and create a presence in the paint, they could be completing for a top 4 team. I think Migs will create a dangerous BG team sooner rather than later, but I don't think they have the experience yet. Exeter wins

Trinity @ Londonderry-- Laughing Flip of the coin game of the night Laughing -- Both teams are looking to avoid, as T&F says, a lump of coal. This will be a great test for Trinity's young point guard going against the experience and talent of Coleman. I think the X factor is going to be Walsh though. I am not sure that Londonderry has anyone that can match up with him. Gendron exposed Londonderry down in the paint scoring 20 last game, and I think Walsh does the same. Trinity win.

Winny @ North-- Not being played tonight due to threats at the Nashua High Schools.

Salem @ Pinkerton-- GAME OF THE NIGHT-- I saw Pinkerton play at South and it was clear they have somethings they need to work on, but I was impressed with how they fought and were committed to winning ugly. Rizzo v McLaughlin will be a fun match up to watch all night though. Pinkerton's experience will carry them through this game. Pinkerton Wins.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:08 am

Umm: The Taking of Pelham 123...... I mean NH12345 Very Happy

After following HS basketball in this state for a few decades and being very involved in it the last 5 years, I temper my amount of predictions. I know so many people affiliated with HS hoops, I don't want to rile them up Wink

If I rile certain people up it might cost me a tab or two at Billy's Basketball

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:43 pm

haha. . . T&F no matter what I try I rile people up Smile , so I might as well keep guessing. I hope that no one takes offense to the fun of guessing, and this year in D1 that is all it is; a guess, who will win.

I am looking forward to some great games tonight. . . trying to decide between Pinkerton Salem and Londonderry Trinity. I think it is win win no matter where I end up.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhsports6 Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Keene @ Concord as well tonight, Matt Giroux with 38 on BG last game is something that should be noted. Keene has a strong starting five and played alright against pembroke and showed serious potential just looked like first game nerves. Logan Galanes will most likely guard Matt Giroux and that will be a good match up, Galanes dropped 21 and shooting was off a bit when he is hot he could be very dangerous. Also showed the ability to defend and elevate as he dunked on a fast break after a steal in the first quarter of pembroke game. Keene has four other starters who will all contribute in their own way. Don't sleep on this game could be interesting.

nhsports6
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Keene looks like a team on the way up. From what I heard about Concord is they have some young guys with talent that are just lacking experience. They should be a tough team to face when that talents develops. Keene win this one. I said it earlier, I am very impressed by Keene's coach he is doing great things out there.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Dec. 21st Games Empty Dec. 21st Games

Post  tiger46 Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:58 am

Salem @ Pinkerton University - All I can say is Shocked Question Question Question Shocked

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:15 am

Yea, I heard Salem had more turnovers against the Astro 1/2 and 3/4 defensive presses than the local bakery. This coupled with a moribund shooting percentage doomed the Blue Devils from the 2nd quarter on.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum