New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games?

+4
Tulliver
bubbles
Big Guy
Tuesday and Friday
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games? Empty Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games?

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:51 am

It looks like all the games are cancelled tonight with the snow storm. I'm presuming a lot of schools will try to reschedule the games for tomorrow or ASAP. I know the Exeter at West game has been rescheduled for tomorrow at 6:30 pm. It is an unusual start as most Class L games start at 7:00 pm. If any fans out there get information on reschedulings please pass them along. Gyms aren't always available the next day after a snow storm, so I imagine we might see some oddball games being played on later dates.

If games are rescheduled for Wednesday then:

North at Winny: The Titans are coming off a heartbreaker of a loss to Memorial from last Friday. A bus ride to Winny's gym isn't exactly the salve you want to put on the Titan wound from the loss to the Crusaders.

Central at Londonderry: Central needs a W to get back on track. Londonderry is at 6 - 6 and needs this game to have hope of hosting a prelim game.

Merrimack at Trinity: It will be interesting to see how Merrimack responds to the McHugh Crazies. Trinity will be energizied with the home crowd and coming off their big victory over BG from last Friday. The atmosphere should be fun in this game.

Dover at Memorial: In the finals of the QCIBT the first quarter between these 2 teams was special. The last 3 quarters was a downer as Dover took advantage of the Couture and Morgan injuries to pummel the Crusaders. Memorial had 2 emotional 2 point victories last week against Central and North. Dover is coming off a 2 point loss to Pinkerton. Early team energy might be key in this game and Memorial's ability to defend the Green Wave 3 attack. Watch for Morgan getting a Dover player or two in foul trouble with his slashes to the basket now that he is back to good health. There is an associate coming from Green Wave country that I need to inform that he shouldn't be worried about the refereeing in this game. Enjoy the 32 minutes of good basketball. The only thing my associate should be worried about is rule 5 section 3:

The winning team is the one which has accumulated the greater number of points when the game ends.

When you put the game of basketball in the above context it really is a simple game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games? Empty Re: Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games?

Post  Big Guy Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:22 pm

BG pushed back to wed.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games? Empty Re: Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games?

Post  bubbles Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:34 pm

Merrimack/Trinity Weds @ 7:00

bubbles
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Dover at Memorial is on for Wednesday at 7:00 pm.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 pm

CHS girls for sure (I assume boys, too) will be next Monday pm

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm

The last 2 years when we had a lot more snow storms there were some games played on Saturdays and Sundays. It would be nice to have some games played on odball nights/afternoons so more hoop could be watched.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbles Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:55 pm

I agree especially where there have been some many great Class L games out there.

bubbles
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Central boys are NEXT wednesday March 3rd!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 pm

BG won something like 83-43,it was sad.I feel bad for Concord.Migs had no fast breaks,or pressing after half.I'll put this out there for chicago kid.Petition Milford up for next year,and move Concord down.It's going to take awhile to get that program back up.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbles Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 pm

Trinity 55 Merrimack 44

Merimack player smashed a window on the way out.

bubbles
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbles Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Dover by 21 over Memorial

bubbles
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:35 pm

Winny over North by 11.
An ugly win for Winny, game was alot closer than the score.
Javon Williams must have been called for traveling 8-10 times, and those were the ones they called.
The kid traveled almost every time he touched the ball, an extra step, hop or shuffle.

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games? Empty I know who Broke the glass

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:15 am

I know who it was, but I aint telling. Anyone got any details on the game?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbles Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:28 am

I know who it was as well. Kids a baby.
Madol had a great game offensively, my guess is mid 20's for point.
The two studs for Merimack Watson and Floris(sp?) were frustrated all game.
Trinity was up 30-19 at half and 40-33 end of 3rd. Midway thru the 4th they took
out the studs and the bench got them back in the game. They got it down to 6 but
just could not get over the hump. A big issue was they only had 3 fouls at that point.

bubbles
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:40 am

Dover 61 Memorial 40

When these 2 teams played for the QCIBT Championship Dover won 69 - 30. couture and Morgan didn't play in that game. They both played in tonight's game and Memorial could only muster 10 more points than they scored in the QCIBT in obtaining 40 points tonight. Cormac Fitz and Scott Marchawicz had a nice first half for Memorial, but points were tough to come by for the Crusaders. Dover led at the half 30 - 17. Burt didn't play many minutes in the first half as he picked up 2 fouls and sat out. Memorial stayed within 10 in the 3rd and in the 4th got as close as they would be all night by cutting the Dover lead to 38 - 32. From that point on it was all Dover as Memorial went into an offensive funk and Dover asserted their will down low with Faustino playing a solid 4th quarter.

Memorial was in an offensive funk for the majority of the game. Dover won by 21 and Burt had 12 points playing a lot less than he normally does by being in foul trouble. Dover seems to have found another player to add to their rotation as 6'1 sophomore guard Jarell Meja received a lot of playing time with Burt's foul trouble. Meja had been doing very well for Dover's jv squad and it looks like the slender sophomore has worked his way into the Dover varsity rotation. He has some herky jerky moves when slashing to the rack and can only help Dover with depth as they get settled in the last third of the season.

Memorial has a "tougher on paper" road trip to Spaulding on Saturday and a tough week ahead with BG and Merrimack on their docket. The Crusader offense needs an appointment at Dynatune to get ready for the tough road ahead.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:01 am

So should Trinity be considered the best team in the state now? They've beat Merrimack, BG and Winny...and should coast the rest of the way...

Yea they lost to Central, Dover and West, but they are beating the top tier teams, and winning when the pressure is on. Amazing story for a team that arguably lost their two best players, and neither were seniors.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:46 am

I'm not calling anyone the best team until they're cutting down the net at UNH (and maybe not then).

Exciting season though....

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:53 am

Asst - I'll say you can call Trinity one of the top 4 teams in Class L. I would prefer to wait until about 5:30 pm on Saturday March 20th before I say who the best team in Class L is.

You said Trinity should coast the rest of the way. Well, if road games for Trinity at Alvrine and Pinkerton is your way of coasting the rest of this season then I'd hate to see what your version of driving uphill is. Smile

About a month ago I thought it was imperative to secure the #1 seed to avoid the #2 vs. #3 game. Now, with Trinity, BG, Merry and Winny all looking tough, I really get the feeling that finishing 1 through 4 has no advantage, except for the guaranteed first 2 home games in the playoffs.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games? Empty Class I and L same Day

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:57 am

I think it is so neat that the state is doing both class I and L championship games on the same day. That day is going to be a great hoops day.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:00 am

I've already had to refuse two things in my personal schedule for March 20th. Doesn't the rest of the world know what's going on at the Lundholm Gym between 1:00 and 6:00 pm on Saturday March 20th?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games? Empty Some sort of Mitchell record

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 am

Well all I know is that the Mitchell men will see 6 state title games in 8 days. Definitely a Mitchell family record. Currently the team we will most likely see in Indiana's version of the class L title game is Bloomington South currently ranked 3rd in the nation. They currently ride a 45 game win streak after going undefeated last year as well. Only thing that could make this better is to see a Mitchell play on the 20th. Now that would be March Madness!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Jeez you guys are all afraid to go out on a limb. I didn't say they were going to win the Class L championship, just asking if anybody thought they are the best...TODAY. With their recent victories over the then #3 and then #2 ranked teams in the state coupled with an earlier victory against current #1 you could make a good argument they are playing the best basketball in L and are the favorites...TODAY.

Obviously we have to wait for them to play the game...but it's tons of fun to speculate!

And yes I know Trinity has Alvirne and Pinky on the road but I have to be honest, I've seen all those teams play, and Trinity should win hands down. Now doesn't mean they will, L has been wide open this year and stranger things have happened (Salem over BG?) and anybody can get hot any game (Donnelly for 30+ is not out of the realm of possibility any given night even though he had 8 last night). I think Trinity has the trifecta of great defense (yea I know Jeremy they play at a snails pace so the numbers are skewed), good coaching and David Madol, and that makes them the favorite virtually every night no matter who or where they are playing.

I've been known to be wrong (pre-season favorite Memorial is rapidly making me look horrible). In my defense I'm not much of a gambler or handicapper so it is what it is.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NHsportsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:56 pm

I would have to agree that TODAY Trinity is probably the best team. But to say they are say hands down better over Alvirne and Pinkerton I do not agree with. Either of those two teams are more than capable of beating them especiallly in Derry or Hudson. BG Pinky will be interesting game on Friday. Even though I said it last week (and was wrong) I would be surprised to see BG lose at home this Friday. If the game was in Derry it would be a pick'em.
Also if gallant's ankle is better I would not be surprised to see Salem win their last 6 heading into the playoffs. Their hardest game is the last one at Central.
It will be interesting to see how Merrimack finishes the season. They have played great (until of late) so far but not sure if they have what it takes to go all the way. If Flores was a year or two older (not that he hasn't been great) I think he would be the "stud" that they need to win it all.

Final Four

Trinity
BG
Dover
Pinkerton or Winnie

Couldn't go with just four!

NHsportsfan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Feb. 16th games are now Feb. 17th games? Empty Broken glass and frustration?

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Is there a chance that the broken glass created by a Merrimack player on the way out of the gym last night was the beginning of the end of Merrimack? It seems with the losses as of late teams are starting to solve the Merrimack system and they are showing signs of frustration and losing their composure. Could this be just the beginning of the end of the Merrimack dominance that some have doubted from the beginning?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:16 pm

I sure hope we don't focus on a teenagers poor judgment (glass breaking incident) too much going forward. We all made mistakes at that age and I'm sure he's paying the price. Please nobody mention names on that one.

Merrimack should be fine. I expect to see the in the Final Four come March. They've got the supporting cast and on most nights Floras is not going to be held down. And in most cases his teammates step up if/when he does have a quiet night.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next