New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday the 13th games......

+8
nhhssports
Tuesday and Friday
Jeremy Leveille
Tulliver
EBlessNHSP
SeacoastDad
GNG
abball
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Friday the 13th games...... Empty Friday the 13th games......

Post  abball Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Well tomorrow is Friday the 13th....... what crazy unexpected things are bound to happen tomorrow? One can only wait.
There are some good games on for Tomorrow.

Spaulding at BG should be a good one. Will Mccarthy play? Can BG get back on track. I believe they can. Havent seen Spaulding play yet but i think BG will take care of business.
North at Concord North will win easily Concord wont be able to stop the PG play of North.
West Exeter should be a good game. Will West play like they did in the QCBIT? Or will they play how west usually is. I like West in the game.
Winnacunnet and Keene is a toss up game dont know much about the 2 teams but im going with Winnacunnet. Keene isnt a basketball town.
Rivalry Game Pinkerton and Londonderry. Always a good match up these 2 teams play. Fans always turn it and its always fun. I like Pinkerton. Havent heard much about Londonderry this year.
South and memorial. Another toss up game i feel. I like south. But i wouldnt be surprised if Memorial pulls off the upset.
Dover and salem. I like salem. They have always impressed me and are always a tough game. I dont think dover can keep up.
Central over timby. Central is just too much. I expect a blow out.
THE GAME OF THE NIGHT!
4-1 Alvirne Vs 4-1 Trinity.
Alvirne hasnt beat trinity since the 07 season i believe when Tim Cox hit a shot with a couple seconds left to give alvirne the win. But since then it has been trinity trinity trinity. Trinity has crushed alvirne the past couple of years. Playoffs and Regular season. Is this turning into a little bit of a rivalry? I know alvirne hasnt won but everytime they play it is a good match up and 3 out of the last 5 years Trinity has beaten Alvirne in the playoffs. I think Alvirne has something to prove. They are off to an usually hot start and i wonder if they can keep it going. I think the bigger factor in the game is the height advantage of Trinity. They are a lot bigger than alvirne. Tomaswick needs to have a big game in the paint i believe to keep it close. Remember last time Alvirne and Trinity Played? Trinity held the ball for long periods of time will this happen again? Trinity is more talented i believe than Alvirne but Alvirne is a scrappy bunch of kids and they dont give up. I think it will be a lot closer than people think. but i like Trinity in this game. The bigs for Trinity will dominate the inside and Alvirne wont be able to stop it. Alvirne is an outside shooting team and take lots of threes. If they can convert on some of them it will be close. But the games at Trinity and Trinitys Student Section is one of the best in the state. Trinity in a close one!
Should be an interesting night of games! Its Friday the 13th anything can happen!!!!

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th games...... Empty Re: Friday the 13th games......

Post  GNG Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:03 am

Good job abball.

The only pick I disagree with is ALVIRNE. I see them upending the Pioneers.

Speaking of FRIDAY THE 13TH CURSES. I was born on Friday the 13th, { explains alot, doesn't it forum members} Twisted Evil Twisted Evil affraid affraid

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 am

In other action:

D-1 Girls: Unbeaten Pinkerton (6-0) travels to 5-1 Londonderry.

D-2 Boys: The three remaining unbeaten teams are all on the road - Portsmouth@Hollis/Brookline, Souhegan@Coe-Brown, and Hanover@Milford. There could be an upset in there, with H/B coming off a 10-point loss to Souhegan. Milford looks to halt their 3 game losing streak.

D-2 Girls: It will be a battle of the unbeatens as Hollis/Brookline travels to Portsmouth. Portsmouth has been playing just well enough to win this year, so it could very well be a happy bus ride home for the H/B girls.

D-3 Boys: Campbell, fresh off a win over D-2 Pelham, looks to upend unbeaten Conant, also fresh off a win over D-2 rival Con-Val.

Ugly game of the night: D-4 Boys - Moultonborough (8-0) hosts Nute (0-7). Nute's margin of loss this year is 40 points, and they are coming off a 101-24 loss to Farmington. Geography lesson for you flatlanders: Nute High School is in the town of Milton, off Route 125 and the Spaulding Turnpike, north of Rochester.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:04 pm

You never know what you will pick up on the forum. Nice geography lesson SD. study

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Well done SD touching on all divisions, nice to get some talk going on all fronts. The Campbell/Conant game could be the best of the night across any Division. Soucy has his kids playing well but Campbell has impressed. Should be a good one.

And all along I thought "nute" was that chewy filling in a 3 Muskateers.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:47 pm

I would really like to see Nute win a game.

Met some people from the community this summer and from what I can tell - some great kids there feeling the pain of the economy. The community could use a shot in the arm.

GREAT kids that I met!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Boy if that couldn't be said about a lot of districts/teams in NH. Heck in my own neighborhood Sanborn sits at 0-5 and probably hasn't won 10 games in the last 3 years combined. And they just moved UP to Division II.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Sad part is, D-II is where Sanborn belongs enrollment-wise. Sanborn has about 750 kids, not positve but I believe that's somewhere in the middle of the pack in D-II for enrollment. Last couple years they were in D-III they were petitioning down to play there. Ever since the Fremont kids started going to Sanborn that pushed the enrollment up. It's just not a basketball area, not enough athletes and kids in the area are cmmitted to basketball. The girls program has also struggled mightilyover there. My freshman year there we won 8 games, then a couple years after I graduated they won 10. But every other year I can remember it's been 3 win or less, even when we were in D-III.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Went back to the NHIAA web site to check something, and the Moultonborough-Nute game had disappeared. Thought I was losing my mind (wouldn't take much), but then saw that it has been moved to February. Not sure why; might be due to the weather advisory for tonight.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Every time I see Nute, I think of Newt, which is the little girl who was a sidekick to Kick-butt Sigourney Weaver in the movie, "Aliens." There's something to be said for a new age woman who is blasting aliens with state of the art weaponry.

Pinkerton at Londonderry girls is a big one. Pinkerton is 6 - 0. The combined records of the 6 teams they have beaten is 12 - 30. We will find out tonight if Pinkerton is the real deal in D1 girls.

Another good one is in D2 girls. 5 - 2 Bedford visits the 7 - 0 Lebanon team.

The Alvrine at Trinity boys matchup is an intriguing game. It is strange to see an Alvrine team doing so well at the start of the season. Their basketball engine usually sits in a cold D1 driveway for a while waiting to warm up. This is not meant to disrespect Alvrine, but I see D1 being weaker overall this year compared to the previous 3 years. We haven't even reached the 1/3 part of the season and there are no unbeaten teams left. I think this says something. 9 of the 19 teams are above .500. 10 of the 19 teams are at .500 or below. I think this says something. I think Alvrine has benefitted from top heavy teams not being as top heavy as in previous years. Think about the players who have been in D1 the last 3 years, but not any more:

Laguerre, Wickey, Cheverfils, Mathieu, Proulx, Valentin, Majong, Madol brothers, Green, McClung, Jake Nelson, Caleb Donnelly, Alex Burt, Harry Knowles, Jesse Gould, Cormac Fitzpatrick and a couple more I'm probably missing.

I don't think you have the talent level this season as compared to the last 3 seasons in D1/Class L. This could be one of the main reasons Alvrine has gotten off to an unusually quick start and it doesn't bode well for the teams on the rest of Alvrine's schedule given Alvrine has a history of being a strong finisher.

Now, do I respect Alvrine and what they bring to the table this year? Absolutely!! They have a very good starting five that can match up with any club in D1. They are tough physically and mentally. Sean Dunn is having a very good year so far. Tyler Livingston gives them length and scoring. Beaulieu is consistently tough night in and night out. Tomaswick is the key for this team. If he is Rocky Road hard ice cream then the Broncos are difficult to beat. If he is twist soft serve then other Broncos have to pick up the slack in the paint.

With all this talk about Alvrine you might be thinking I'm picking them tonight against Trinity. You are correct:

I go with the Tully % pick of 51% Alvrine and 49% Trinity.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Speaking of % picks I quote you this line from one of the Forum moderators:

"Later on - I think I'll do my percentage picks on tomorrow's games. T&F LOVES my percentage picks and our stock talk!"

Tulliver

Well ????????? The clock is ticking towards tip off for tonight's games, Tulliver.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:28 pm

GNG being born on Friday the 13th is one of the "makes most sense" pieces of information I've heard in a long time

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhssports Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:51 pm

I'll be in Amherst tonight for the Coe-Brown-Souhegan girls game. Last I heard, Jane White is supposed to be returning from an ankle injury, and she's 11 points away from 1,000. Will try to keep the Twitter updates (@nhhssports) coming tonight, but I always seem to have to go out in the gym lobby to get a signal.

nhhssports
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:21 pm

T&F - The only disrespect you're giving to ALVIRNE is by spelling it "ALVRINE"! Very Happy Very Happy

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks Seacoastdad.

Wheter it be Alvrine or Alvirne.... I'm picking both spellings of the HS tonight over Trinity. study

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th games...... Empty Way to go SEACOAST DAD

Post  GNG Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Geography and spelling class in one day. Way to keep on top of T@F. You are a welcome addition from the seacoast.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th games...... Empty Way to go SEACOAST DAD

Post  GNG Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 pm

We now have one quality blogger from the seacoast.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:01 pm

and as dennis green or t n f would say seacoast dad is who we thought he was

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks GNG Trying to get back into the Forum mode lol. Is anyone going to the Trinity game tonight? I am not able to make it so if someone is going and would post a recap that would be great!

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Our intrepid cub reporter T@F will be at TRINITY tonight.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:and as dennis green or t n f would say seacoast dad is who we thought he was

"but we let 'em off the hook"! Unless The Assistant shared it with you, I'm probably not who you thought I was. But if you want to PM me, I'll be happy to tell you who I am.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Okay - my percentage picks - I will take BG 65 Spaulding 35 - but if it were at Spaulding - things would be different. BG has been in a downward spiral, but they have the talent and the coaching experience to realize they have to win tonight or their mindset could be seriously shot.

Feeling 55% that North North will win over Concord. I think North is an emotional team which can very well work against them. I also think Concord is better than people think.

88% West over Exeter. This West team is much more stable - I think than previous years.

75 % for Keene over Winnacunnet

70% LONDONDERRY over Pinkerton. Londonderry has been in every game they lost - they're ready to win another one and this rivalry should push them. Solidly coached team

70% Memorial over South. South is a talented team, but Memorial is scrappy - resilient and well coached. I may be a South alum, but I take the Crusaders in a tough nail biter.

65% Salem over Dover. Salem's record might be better, but I really feel that DOver is a team that will spark and make some noise. It could be now - if they didn't practice due to weather in the past few days - maybe not tonight. I expect though that Dover will show some good things tonight.

Central over Timby.
51% Trinity over Alvirne

I also predict that whichever game he scouts tonight, Goody won't have a sweater on, but will have a sweatshirt.
I hope it's the Trinity Alvirne game so T&F can send me the text or picture!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Seacoastdad: I was talking about previou ex-Forum members who weren't who they said they were.

You ARE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE and it is much appreciated by the Forum.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 pm

End of 1st Alvirine 11 Trinity 7

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Halftime: Alvirne 18 Trinity 18. Two tractors colliding in a NH cornfield. Gabriel sat most of 1st half with foul trouble. Pat Keefe with much needed energizer points off bench. One word to describe 1st half:

UGLY

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next