New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan. 13th Games

5 posters

Go down

Jan. 13th Games Empty Jan. 13th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:23 am

Pinkerton at Alvirne: 2 of the 5 undefeated teams in D1. Pinkerton's undefeated resume looks more impressive than Alvirne's undefeated resume. One would think if you polled 100 HS basketball in NH as to who would win this game that 98 to 100 would say Pinkerton.

South at BG: 2 teams sitting on a 1 - 3 record in search of a desperate victory.

Memorial at Dover: It would not surprise me to see Memorial win by 2 or win by 20 or lose by 2. All kinds of interesting things happened the last time Memorial played at Dover.

North at Central: You have to think Central will continue the streak, but North does match up well with them.

Spaulding at Pembroke: The marquee game of the evening. This is a key result for Final Four seed jostling.

Bedford at Winny: Bedford should come away with the road W, but don't sleep on Winny.

Girls:

Alvirne at Pinkerton: Huge game with Final Four seeding implications.

Dover at Memorial: Will the real Green Wave Lady hoopsters please step forward. If Dover wants to be near the tower of D1 girls they have to win this game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 13th Games Empty Re: Jan. 13th Games

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Windham (4-1) at Portsmouth (3-0) should be a good D-II matchup tonight.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Yes it should seacoastdad. If you go to the game please provide us with a synopsis.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Spaulding beat Pembroke.

Herard Berry was outstanding and also heard Pembroke didn't bring their hard hats and lunch pails to work down low.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Wow, I said don't sleep on Winny and they come away with a 46 to 45 upset of Bedford.

Central girls with a HUGE road victory at North.

Portsmouth beats a pretty good Windham team by 21...... Impressive.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Central wins a close one with North 81 to 76, but takes a page out of Memorial's revolving door situation:

No Kante, No Akot and No Guillermo for the Little Green. The winning streak was hanging by a thread tonight at the Simon Gym.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 13th Games Empty Complete Game Story on Spaulding win

Post  anotherhoopfan Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:19 am

http://www.nhnotebook.com/2015/01/spaulding-downs-pembroke.html

anotherhoopfan
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:12 am

What started out as a defensive struggle turned into a fairly one sided affair as Portsmouth (4-0) defeated Windham (4-2) 65-44.  Freshman guard Cody Graham continues to impress, scoring 25 for the Clippers, including 5 of his team's 9 three pointers.  David Carbonello led Windham with 17 points, but had to work for every basket.  Portsmouth once again brings their stifling half-court defense, and this year they have added a full court press, which caused several Windham turnovers.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Observer Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:02 pm

BG topped South 62-60 on a buzzer-beater (not without controversy). Despite the ending, the game was very well played. Both teams plays tough defense and rebound well. Turnovers killed both teams as neither team had a lead more than 9.

Huge win for BG. Starting to see some chemistry developing (much improvement since the Londonderry game). Zimmerman, Gavin, and Olivieri were the big guns for the Cards.

As for South, they are talented. Frechette can score, and they have size. Hopefully they can bounce back.

Overall a great game, reminded me of the old BG vs Nashua rivalry in terms of intensity.

The Observer
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:13 pm

I don't think there is enough talk about Spaulding. Huge win on the road at Pembroke last night. I watched the video of the film, by the way Justin MacIssac is a riot I think he needs more camera time. Darian Berry is the real deal, he is a definite POY candidate. It is going to be interesting when these top teams start playing each other. I believe the top 4 will end up Londonderry, Pinkerton, Central and Spaulding with Exeter, Pembroke, Alvirne and Memorial rounding out the top 8. It is an interesting year that appears very top heavy.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Ahhhhhh......... I've been talking about Spaulding for the last 5, 6 or 7 years. They had an off year last season, but the previous seasons before that they were ALWAYS thought of very highly by myself and most people who follow HS hoops. They are never star laden, but have a system in place, which extracts every ounce of basketball ability from Rochester basketball players.

When is the last time you heard about Spaulding benefiting from a transfer or 2 brothers from Florida? When is the last time you heard about a player transferring from Spaulding to another school. Of course, the resounding answer is hardly ever. Coach Cronin just has well coached fundamental teams year in and year out. I don't believe Coach Cronin has ever won the COY award. If he has I stand corrected, but I don't think so.

If Spaulding continues their successful season and secures a Top 4 seed, then I think a long overdue COY award should be coming to Coach Cronin.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down