@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Feb 13th Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feb 13th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:13 am

In looking at the schedule this could possibly be the best night of the season so far. Not only do you have the super undefeated clash of the undefeated Lancers and LG at Central, but there are a number of tasty matchups on tonight's schedule as well.

Londonderry at Central: 2 teams that like to play uptempo and get after it defensively. Should be a tight and close affair. Until some team beats Central I will pick Central in this big game.

Merrimack at Alvirne: Big game for seeding posturing near the top of the standings. Pretty much a pick em game.

Pinkerton at Bedford: The Astros are in the midst of their toughest schedule stretch of the season. This game should be close.The Astros lost last night to Memorial in OT 79 to 78.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150212/SPORTS21/150219554/1003/sports

BG at Memorial: Can Memorial build on the Mo of the big victory last night over Pinkerton. Gopp is back and Kabongo is staying away from shoveling and getting frost bite...... hopefully affraid

South at Pembroke: Huge game for working on getting a home prelim game. Pembroke is #6. South in a 3 way tie for the #7 seed. A pick em game.

North at Trinity: Even though the Titans are 2 - 9 they have been close in the majority of their losses. A pick em game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Re: Feb 13th Games

Post  NH12345 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:33 pm

You are absolutely right T&F tonight is a big night for seeding down the stretch.  

GAME OF THE YEAR- Londonderry @ Central-  This is a match-up for the ages. . . Ball v. Kante; Corey v. Martin. . . this has all the makings of an instant classic.  I believe that the X-factor in this game will be Jake Coleman. . . he is an extremely talented and tough sophomore that can play with anyone in the state.  This game will come down to physical and mental toughness, and until someone proves they are better than Central in that category I have to go with Central in a nail biter. . . I would not be surprised if this game has a couple of extra frames. Central wins

Merrimack @ Alvirne- I was extremely impressed with Alvirne the first half of the BG game.  They were scrappy, tough and talented, but during the second half they backed off and allowed BG to escape with a win.  When Alvirne plays that scrappy style of basketball for 32 minutes, they are close tough to beat.  I believe they will bounce back against a well coached Merrimack team that is performing well above their expectations.  Alvirne wins

Pinkerton @ Bedford-  Pinkerton lost a tough one to Memorial in what I viewed as a trap game.  They came off the Londonderry loss and a HUGE Spaulding win.  Memorial is better than their record and getting Gop back makes them a contender again.  Pinkerton will not look past Bedford!  They want some revenge for the playoff loss last year.  Pinkerton wins

BG @ Memorial-  Memorial coming off a huge win last night and getting Gopp back are in for a battle tonight.  I saw Zimmerman take over the Alvirne game and he is getting better and better by the game.  Memorial still riding high from last night's overtime win is going to under estimate a very well coached and hard working BG squad.  BG wins

South @ Pembroke-  I love watching South play.  They are physical, they run and they shoot. . . I have already said it, but I believe this is a team that could work their way to Durham.  Once Mazz gets his team to lock down and D and stop trying to out score teams they are going to be deadly.  On the Pembroke side Max Curran is a definite first team all state candidate.  He is the complete package and when he keeps his head he has the ability to beat you.  This game will come down to if Pembroke tries to run and gun with South.  Pembroke needs to slow down and use their size, if they try and run and gun South will run them out of the gym.  Even though I am high on South. . . I think this game goes to Pembroke.

North @ Trinity-  I like North in this match up.  They are coming off of two good performances against South and Bedford.  This North team battles from opening tip to the last buzzer.  Trinity is still playing Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. . . some days they look fantastic, win over Bedford and other they look like a team still trying to find their way, losses to Keene and Winny.  North although only 2 wins has been consistently playing hard. . . I think that will pay off for them tonight.  North win

It should be a fun night of hoops!

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum