New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread

+8
1380TheSportsAnimal
chicagokid43
basketballtime
abball
nhhoopguy
Tuesday and Friday
Tulliver
EBlessNHSP
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty raymond

Post  BeastMode2121 Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Raymond now 5-0 on the season including holiday tournament..Good test friday night play in Prospect mountain and then have bow next week at home..Friday I beleive

BeastMode2121
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 pm

The Assistant wrote:note to self: ...pencil Milford at Souhegan for Feb 4....leave house at noon, stop by local burger joint in Milford to listen to ChiKid and others breakdown how the rest of the day will play out...head to Amherst...get in line at the school around 3pm for game...stand in corner since I didn't get to school early enough to watch game.

Don't forget to pack mace and protective armor in case things get ugly.

***Do not wear black and white or stripes... Do NOT get mistaken for a ref!!!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm

BTW

Doc wore a golf shirt... no turtleneck but it was still black.

My prediction is still good.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty Thomas

Post  basketballtime Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:56 pm

No need to apolgize Thomas as i posted earlier i came all the way out there to see a good basketball game and dinner at Giorgios and not an out of control ugly game that someone could get injured in. My only thoughts on that game were the ref's need to get that type of garbage under control early, and the other one is no coach should allow their kids to play that way no matter what team it is. And that's all i'm saying. I did not say Milford at times did not retaliate because i'm sure anyone would in that situation and that's one of my big points. You just can't have that going on in a high school basketball game there is no place for it. One last thing i'm sure if you could get a video from Chikid anyone would clearly see what was going on as you don't need rose colored glasses for video.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 pm

I've seen the video. The kid made a boneheaded play and a foul should have been called...obviously. The refs missed it, it happens. Implying that the Souhegan coaches are teaching that kind of action is ludicrous. 15-18 yr old kids make bad decisions in games and out (do we have to start giving examples?) and that obviously was not a fair play.

Absolutely it was a foul. Absolutely it should have been called. No coach I've ever met has ever taught a player to do that - why would they, it's too blatant. I wonder if the camera angle had anything to do with why the refs missed it. Obviously things look different from different places on the court.

Go ahead to Mr. Mitchells youtube page to view it if we really want to discuss one single play in one game in an otherwise stellar matchup. I'll let him provide the link if he wants people to view it.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty Rough play

Post  basketballtime Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 pm

This was posted on NH notebook. This was a very physical, hard fought game. Two good teams who do not feel very fondly of one another to say the least. The officials led a lot of hacking, grabbing and contact near the basket go. And this, Souhegan was led inside by Ryan Redmond, Sean McGrath, Nick Hession, Shaun McKenna and Jake Kennedy. Coach Heaney has a lot of big bodies who are not afraid to mix it up inside. I'm not making this stuff up basketball should not be turning into a grabbing, hacking cheap mixing it up inside game it should be played as a baskeball game fairly and safely as not to have intent to injure a child wouldn't you agree? As for seeing Chikids youtube video last night was all i needed to see to give my opinion and if other people want to see it for themselves thats between you and Chikid. I would like to know if i go these games i won't have to see that kind of stuff that's all.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty Assistant

Post  basketballtime Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks Mr Assistant you suckered me into the watching the youtube video thanks. Well that was one of many things that Amhearst was doing out there. I thought he had some video of the one that had his own son going up in the air completely defenseless and being launched into the wall by an Amhearst player? Well pick your poison i guess there were plenty of plays like that and that's why i left. And by the way that was the same ref that was just standing there ten feet away and would shake his head no on plays like that? So can someone maybe even Thomas can tell me how that is not a cheap and dirty play? If Mike O goes down with a knee injury would that be fine? Is this what is taught in basketball now? As for a coach teacing this i don't know all i know is what i saw on a consistant basis and as a coach i would never allow such dangerous play there is a thing out there called sportsmanship right? And if something like this is happening i pull the kid out of the game for the safety of the other players and the to not allow a stain on my program. I really don't see this as acceptable and tolerable in any way shape or form. I can gaurentee that anyone who watches a video of this game would keep seeing all the cheap and dirty plays that Amhearst players kept dishing out, and there really is no place for it in this game and i'm wrong?

Last edited by basketballtime on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm sorry I even gave this subject attention.

I just spoke with a credible Media unbiased media source who was at the game who told me it was a very physical game both ways, and the refrees let a lot go both ways.

I agree cheap play is no part of the game.

I also think we should focus on the great game that was played, and some of the great performances by both Souhegan players and Milford. There were also about 30 other games last night...Trinity beat Merrimack!!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:50 pm

You all did note the important happening that Doc wore a golf shirt right.

No turtleneck.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Wow, Doc wore a golf shirt? He must have received it as a Christmas present. Can you imagine Doc's Christmas list: Shirt - black, turtleneck - black, mock turtle neck - black, sweater - black. I almost feel priviliged I got to see Doc coach a summer league game at SNHU when he wore a white hat, white shirt, white shorts, white socks and white sneakers. All of his black coaching material must have been stuck at the cleaners that day.

Nice to see 2 sides to the Milford - Souhegan story. There's always 2 sides, isn't there? The thing I question is the constant negativity posted from certain games. People aren't satisfied with the victory. They still have to pick apart officiating, rough play or coaching tactics. When a team loses and all this negativity is posted it looks like sour grapes. When a team wins and the focus is on the negativity, then what kind of grapes are these? This negativity also sets up a fall for the rematch as the opponent could take all these negative posts in an inflammatory way. It is what it is and if the Milford and Souhegan people want to walk on egg shells the night of Feb. 4th in the rematch...... and break the egg shells into a thousand pieces, then so be it.

Not exactly a healthy environment to set up a rematch, correct?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty What is a healty enviroment?

Post  basketballtime Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Tuesday and Friday i only post what i saw if anyone takes it negativley well so be it. I am not A Milford fan i live 45 minutes away and i came to see what all the hype was about with this Milford vs Amhearst rivalry. iAs for a healthy envioroment i would hope that from now on people can go to a game without the garbage and dangerous stuff that is not needed to play the game. Like i mentioned if that play i saw posted by Chikid on youtube had Mike O coming down and blown out his knee on such a dirty play would we all be taking this so lightly? That's my point i care only about the kids and the sportsmanship of the game. So if we can't take care of the kids and their safety or as you call it the healthy enviroment then what are we really teaching are children out there???

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:51 pm

Ok bballtime, we hear you. We all agree that it was a foul and not good judgment by the player. The game should not be played that way. Agreed. Can we move on now?

In times like this, I feel its best to reference South Park.

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Deadhorse_featured
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:56 pm

I like to think I try and give Milford some credibility that there are some unbiased people lol. Other than the play that's on youtube, I thought the game was very physical from both sides (I thought it was getting a little too physical) I've also talked to Coach Heaney before and he certainly doesn't seem like a person that'd try and hurt people, I also didn't see either of the plays Thomas spoke of maybe because I wrote it off to the physical game that was going on, but with that said I didn't see too much that seemed dirty other than that youtube video.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks Asst. The cartoon is appropriate.

One thing that should be noted. I can appreciate you not being a Milford fan and sticking up for the Milford player in this instance. WE GET IT. I don't know how long you have been associated with The Forum or the previous site which had blue for the primary color from a couple of years ago. Postings like the previous ones have been coming out of Milford for a long time: questionable refereeing, physical play, questionable sportsmanship displayed by the opponents and fans. It almost seems like Milford is the only team bad things happen to. I can assure you with the constant negative postings by certain Milford people on this site that fans from other schools get tired of constantly seeing the negativity displayed even when Milford walks away with a victory which has happened quite a bit in the last couple of years. A boy can only cry wolf so often before the cries fall upon deaf ears. I don't see Bedford, Souhegan, Pelham or Pembroke fans constantly spewing constant blogging negativity week in and week out on The Forum. It always comes from right around the intersection of Rte 101 and Rte 13. Sometimes, I just laugh it off, but I assure you I hear from fans in other towns and other schools that are turned off by the ad nauseam negativity from said cross routes.

Now, on to some positive things.......

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Positive things like...
Did Goody repeat the sweater from the QCIBT or will we have a Goody shirt dialogue at some point this year.
Sweaters will cut the conversation on that.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Last comment on this subject. I've been part of both forums for a long time and I'm from Milford btw...if that comment was towards me I know there's a lot of complaining about officials etc coming out of Milford just stating I didn't think the game was dirty either way just very physical by both teams but i'll leave this subject alone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Big Man, I appreciate your input.

I'm just saying we are heading into the grind of the season here. It is my hope Milford fans win with class and God forbid, if they lose, then lose with class and not post "Grassy Knoll" videos on why they lost or why the game was closer than expected.

Report from Merrimack is that Goody was in rare fashion form last night with the Trinity Game. He wore a wrinkled sweater with an untucked shirt.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:52 pm

I tried to distract the thread... but since I failed let me say this.

I don't have a dog in the Milford Souhegan race. However, I do know it's a spirited and passionate rivalry. Obviously sports rivalries add more excitement to the game and usually tend to increase spirit. However, sometimes there can be collateral damage and / or unintended consequences (think back to some Red Sox Yankee moments) that run counter to the very best things that sports have to offer.

To a certain degree... I understand letting off steam about refs. (I'm still upset about two decisions from last season) however, there's a certain point where it just appears weak to blame losses or close wins on refs. To some degree, refs symbolize in sports the uncontrollable elements in life. No matter how perfectly one prepares - sometimes you lose. Even if you're the best person for the job.. you may not get it because the other applicant knows the boss, is more attractive than you, or has a family to support and in that case - the interviewer (or ref) comes down against you. Good calls and bad calls in sports prepare us and remind us of what life has to offer.

Obviously, safe and fair play is paramount. If someone has or had a legitimate concern then he or she should pick up the phone and call someone. But, sometimes taking a step or two away and finding an objective observer to weigh in can help lend a clearer and wider perspective.

To allege, however, that a coach INSTRUCTS players to essentially seek to harm (or play in such an aggressive and dangerous manner) other players troubles me greatly. That's a step I'm not comfortable with at all as it clearly moves beyond venting and towards maligning someone's character. Part of the reason I love HS sports so much is it's really a purer area of sports.... away from the coercions of college and pro sports.

Oddly enough... the Milford Coach and Souhegan Coach probably lived their mornings a lot more peacefully than some of us did. They were probably each happy with and disappointed with some moments from last night's game. Hopefully both teams have learned something that will enrich their game play and life skills.

Now, can we get back to Doc's laundry? I'm guessing he just does black clothing and the small occasional white load.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:55 pm

I would think one container of Sam's Club Tide with bleach would last at least a couple of years in Doc's laundry room.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty BG game tonight

Post  GNG Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:40 pm

BG at south,Connor Green out with an ankle injury,Kelly ready by next week is my guess,McCarthy still 3 weeks away.Is anyone paying attention to my DARKHORSE SPAULDING,they thumped a good londonderry team.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty safety period

Post  basketballtime Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 pm

Maybe i'm not making my point clear enough? I have been to many games in my life and have played many games in my life but at no time do feel confortable watching or playing that type of garbage that i saw last night. I went to the game last night to see two teams play basketball and was very dissapointed in what was being allowed to go on. And i have seen the same things happen two many times at other games not just Amhearst or Milford but many other schools too, and i personally hate seeing where the game is going. Sportsmanship comes in many ways and should be put on the highest pedastal at all times. Second the whole thing about coaching the kids to play like that falls under what the coach allows out on the court. If a coach allows kids to play like that then yes he is coaching them by saying it's OK to do that. Now if he takes a kid off the court and sits their butt down after an earful well that's coaching too and thats the correct way to coach. Nothing is more important then coaching the right way. These kids will grow up to be young men in all of our communities so how do you tell them at that point that it's not OK to behave like that if it was allowed the whole time they grew up in school? Bottom line i don't really care what school what coach what player there is no room for it and yes i do feel very strongly about this and wish more people did.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty Well I have been working hard all day

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Well I have been working hard all day and I am going to take the liberty to finalize my last thought on last nights game. It will be my last post about the officials and the (in my opinion) dirty plays. I will give you a little more detail on my I am so energized about this. You can take this as a parent that seen his son injured as why I am so inflamed about it if you like.
In Keene my son sprained an ankle coming down on a foot of a defender than did very little to obstruct the shot but made sure he was under him when he came down. Maybe not intentional on the players part but a technique referred to as the Bruce Bowen technique can seriously injure a player.
Last night on several occasions I saw the same technique used from different defenders on different shooters. This leads me to believe that it is something that is being taught. You can choose to disagree with me but I watched the video and if nothing else it is players using a bad technique that puts players in very high risk of injury. If me rattling the cage on a blog puts focus on this technique forces Souhegan coaches to look at the tape and watch the players that seem to use it incorrectly I am fine with that. I put the players first. Anyone who saw just the one clip of the player not looking for ball and yet looking to get under a shooter and make direct contact to the knee would hopefully pull that player aside and make a correction on that to protect the other players. These are young men who will make bad choices and use techniques incorrectly and if not corrected someone like my son will get hurt and lets only hope that it isn't more serious.

As for the refereeing... I stand by my words that is was horrendous.. for both sides. Unfortunately Milford is a little different team so the issue I had was with the arial assault that the boys took in the open floor was a little more pronounced. My son was taken out two times where he was clearly in the air and the referee seemed to see something as he shook his head but never made a call. I never at any point said it had a effect on the score or the outcome. As many times as Milford got tackled in the open floor I am quite sure Souhegan was hit on shots in the paint. Unfortunately the results of a tackle while extended and 3 feet of the ground can be much worse than a post player taking a push or a slap on the way up. The only time at any point last night that I said something to the referee's was about that issue. Protect a player that is extended and in the air and when a player has a clear path and ends up on his back next to a cheerleader make the call. You are still a shooter until back to the floor which is exactly what I said to the referee's... although I did say it very loudly.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 pm

I thought I might get some relief watching the pro game tonight (especially w/Bonner in town) but then I realized Tommy Heinson still does color for the Celtics TV broadcast. Laughing
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Just turn down the sound and feel the basketball symbiosis.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 3 Empty big game

Post  BeastMode2121 Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 am

raymond plays bow at home next friday..good test for the rams and bow,

BeastMode2121
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content