New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Tuesday 2/9 Game Thread

+4
Tulliver
chicagokid43
Tuesday and Friday
EBlessNHSP
8 posters

Go down

Tuesday 2/9 Game Thread Empty Tuesday 2/9 Game Thread

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Some good games on tap, couple of teams playing back to backs after Monday night makeups.

Londonderry @ Alvirne - Broncos have won 4 in a row after playing a very tough schedule early. Londonderry looking to get back to 500. The winner of this game could very well be matched up against a Nashua North, Manchester West, Spaulding or Dover type team. Loser probably see's Memorial, Central, Trinity, Merry or Guertin. Big game.

Bishop Guertin @ Dover - 2nd homegame in as many nights for the Green Wave. Very scarce student section last night for what should have been a very big game. Tonights is even bigger. Need a win to be seriously considering a home playoff game. Guertin looks to keep pace with the other 4 2 loss teams.

Salem @ Manchester West - Salem is reeling a bit, losing to Alvirne and Merrimack their last 2. A big win on the road could right their ship. West on the other hand, like Dover, is playing for home court advantage. They could use a win here against a vulnerable Salem squad.

Spaulding @ Merrimack - Are the Tomahawks shaping up as the top seed? Taking down Spaulding tonight would add a little wood to that fire. Spaulding has lost 2 of their last 3, getting blown out by Dover and losing at North. They'll take that same drive to down 125, 101 and Route 3 to Merrimack.

Oyster River @ Souhegan - Well if this doesn't have future semifinal matchup written all over it I don't know what game does. OR has had easy wins over Sanborn and Kingswood after losing to Milford and Pelham. Back to playing with the big boys as they travel to Amherst. Of course Souhegan will be out for blood following their THIRD loss to Milford this year (two counted in the standings). Can anybody besides Milford beat Souhegan?

Bedford @ Milford - I'm not sure what to make of this Bulldog squad. Seems as if they have the bark, but not the bite. With the size inside with Maher and the Fahmy brothers you'd think they'd dominate. But without Martinelli this year maybe their guards are just not stepping up? They've beat the teams they should beat (including OR first game of the year) but have lost to Goffstown, Pelham, Lebanon and Portsmouth (by 18). I get the feeling they are a one and done come March. Surprise me Bulldogs.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/9 Game Thread Empty Re: Tuesday 2/9 Game Thread

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:19 pm

I know sometimes I use this word a lot, but tonight shapes up to be an INTRIGUING night of basketball.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/9 Game Thread Empty Souhegan in Two tough Battles

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Souhegan gets Oyster River tonight as Mr T and F pointed out and then go to Portsmouth tomorrow. Two very tough match ups. Very interested in seeing how these teams break out.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm

There have been a lot of intriguing nights of basketball this season, T&F, which is why it's such a GREAT season.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 pm

My sources tell me North's 2 best players are no longer on the team. I guess we will find out Friday.

Last edited by Tulliver on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not being on the team is observable, but reasons speculation or confirmed should be avoided. Thank you!)

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:08 pm

No problem Tully.I was going back to edit anyways,because I only heard it from one verifiable source.I like to have 3 different sources.If it is true big blow for North.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 pm

CHS over South by around twentyish (wasn't there so don't quote me but heard 1st quarter was a game...2nd less of a game... 3rd CHS exploded).

BG over Dover by only 4. NO one should want Dover in a 1st round. They could topple a top team.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:37 pm

North two best player or Williams and Gautheir,

Anthony Farmer as been the best player by far this year it is not even close, so if he leaves that will be a big lost,

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Memorial over winnie...don't have score

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Memorial over Winny by 7 or 8. closer game than final score.
Slow first half, second half Memorial up 6-9 most of the time.
Winny cut the lead to six on a three pointer with about 2 minutes to play,didn't call timeout, let memorial move the ball around and then fouled them.
Then they called a timeout with the clock stopped.
I thought that was clock mismanagement by Winny coaching staff.
Madol played ok, had a couple of dunks , but missed badly on some wide open jumpshots.

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Two trips to the seacoast in two days for Memorial....could explain some of that.....two away wins though....

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Milford won 83-65, never really close. Balanced scoring attack Mike O had 24, Holder and Mitchell each had 12, Nelson had 10, Jovi Philbrick had 9, and Logan Barlow finished with 7. As for Bedford, Beaulieu and Trevor Fahmy had 20 each.

Milford shot the ball well 7 first half 3's 10 in the game. Bedford had no answer for the guards got penetration at will. If Mitchell wasn't such a willing passer he could've had a huge game scoring again but still played very well. Thought for some of the game Milfords bigs banged with Bedford definately better job tonight, just the one night they banged with the other teams bigs they were far stronger so I'd say Bedford controlled the boards. Pressure was nice for Milford as was the break at times. 29-10 after one looked like it was going to get really ugly in the second when the score was 40-15 with 4 minutes left in first half but bedford got it down to 20 going into half. They came out energized in the 2nd half but the defecit was way to big to overcome for bedford.

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbasketballguy Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:16 am

Solid win for Souhegan tonight in Amherst - Oyster River was hot early and up 9 at half. Souhegan bigs played well as did Gilligan and Cordts. Not sure what Goodwin finished with but not much - Walker played really well for OR. Sounds like Milford is just rolling.

nhbasketballguy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/9 Game Thread Empty Spacing for Milford was much Improved

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:17 am

Milford finally is spacing the floor and making shots. The first quarter was a clinic. I had a score of 37 to 11 at one point. Then Mitchell picked up a silly third foul and that seemed to allow Bedford to close a little. This team still forced and takes difficult shots when they get up big. Hopefully they do not run into the same thing Oyster River did. Get a lead and get to comfy and let someone sneak in the back door. Mike O'Loughlin played another great game but the balance was the key. As Bigman pointed out the entire team contributed on both ends of the floor.
Matt B for Bedford had a great game. His 20 points was full of everything from running bank shots to threes. Best game I have seen from him in some time. He as really the only Bedford player that seemed comfortable playing at Milford's speed.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/9 Game Thread Empty Tully, you are so right.

Post  GNG Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:19 am

Look who Dover has lost to,Trinity,Memorial, and BG by a combined 10 points.Pinkerton beat them by 4,Salem is the only team to dust them.They had BG by 14 {seen this movie before} late in the 3rd.Then the vaunted BG full court press turned it up a couple of notches.Bg kept feeding Green in the low post and when he wasn't making baskets he was making free throws.The green and gold had a great night at the charity stripe.Faustino and Leblanc{very impressive} both fouled out in the 4th.They just didn't have the legs {night before they had a game}, or the depth to close it out.They sure tried though, Probably my favorite game of the year so far.T@F is always complaining about no points this year,well there was an abundance of them over at the seacoast tonight.No more games for BG this week,I think Merrimack at Memorial will be the game to watch friday night.Someone will get their third lost of the season that night.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/9 Game Thread Empty Milford First Quarter

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:48 am

Milford first quarter was unreal. 29-10 end of one quarter. My fear of the dead legs after the Stark game was squashed right away.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 am

Heh GNG, I'm on board for BG scoring points and picking up my tab. You don't have to sway me on the abundance of points.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum