@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread

Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Post your predictions, recaps and scores here...

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty Since you asked for my predictions,I will give you my predictions

Post  GNG on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 pm

I picked 11 games that are on tap for tonight.I will not only predict who will win,but I will give the scores.I guarantee that I get at least one game where I pick the exact score.{it's easier then you think}
Exeter50 South 42
Two teams heading in different directions

BG 70 Keene 52
on a mission from god.

Dover 79 Merrimack 76
I used good old fashion science to figure this one out.{I flipped a coin}

Memorial 62 Alvirne 48
The Crusaders cruise to an easy victory.

Londonderry 56 Trinity 52
My upset special.I liked Londonderry when they were 0-3{back when t@f was touting West}

Pinkerton 60 Central 50
My 2nd upset special.Park is a good point guard,no Stisser.

Milford 124
Goffstown 87
Hey Goffstown, Milford also likes to run a bit.

Pelham 67
Bedford 44
Spirou rhymes with hero.

North 54
Winnie 40
Not many gimmes left on North's schedule.

Salem 45
Timberlane 29
Timberlane is a wrestling school

Hinsdale 1
MT Zion 0
I told you it was easier then you thought.Now let's see if I get any right.

Last edited by GNG on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty WO WO WO

Post  chicagokid43 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Wait a minute Mr GNG. You are stepping on my turf pal. No one can quote the Blues Brothers without CHIKID in their name. Maybe we can find you a quote from something closer to the east coast... lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty Sorry chi kid,but the movie is over 30 years old{and still makes me laugh}

Post  GNG on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:12 pm

The statute of limitations on geographical quotes ran out after 25 years.Anyone in the Country {not just the midwest} can now use those quotes.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty Re: Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread

Post  abball on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Good call on games GNG. But i think the Alvirne Memorial game will be closer than people think they are playing there best basketball right now which always seems to happen when the playoffs get near. Remember in 09 they upset pinkerton in the first round hosted Londonderry in the quarters and almost beat trinity at UNH. I think they could be a team to watch in the playofss they play hard and dont give up.

For the Merrimack dover game i have a toss up. Like you also i think im going with Merrrimack i think Floras and Genedron will be too much for Dover to handle.

Is BG playing at Keene or is it in nashua? Because we all know those rides to keene are terrible and could cause some problems but i dont see this happening Picking BG also.

I like Milford I think the big three will be too much for Goffstown to handle i think holder and O'loughlin will have a big game and Mikey will too.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty BG playing at home

Post  GNG on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Never have to make that hell ride to Keene again,well maybe for baseball but at least not in the winter.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  abball on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Thats good. BG at home is tough. It should be a blow out. With Mcclung and Green to much for Keene to handle. Is everyone back for BG GNG? Are they back at full strength or are there some still players out?

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty 100 percent healthy

Post  GNG on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:40 pm

I haven't been able to say that in a long time.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Dover gets a signature win with a 62-58 victory over Merrimack in Dover.

This was a TIGHT game all night, tied 33 at half, 49 after 3.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Pelham over Bedford 57-51

Salem over Timberlane 62-52 (still not sold on Salem)

Lebanon over Hanover 48-44

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Milford defeats Goffstown 89-76. Wow, shocking that this one filled up the stat sheet like that. I mean, I was thinking it was going to be a defensive battle. Shocked

Looking forward to hearing the breakdown of this barn burner...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 pm

How about this one - Division IV - Earlier in the season Newmarket went to Manchester and beat Derryfield in their home court. Tonight Derryfield traveled to Newmarket and defeated them to have Newmarket have their first loss of the season. Home court means nothing to these two teams.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:26 pm

South beat Exeter on last second lay up by Thistle

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:33 pm

middleschoolball wrote:How about this one - Division IV - Earlier in the season Newmarket went to Manchester and beat Derryfield in their home court. Tonight Derryfield traveled to Newmarket and defeated them to have Newmarket have their first loss of the season. Home court means nothing to these two teams.

Doesn't surprise me. I covered the first game for NHSportsPage and it was a great matchup between two very good teams. Between them and Moultonborough there are some decent squads in DIV this year. Definitely teams that could play with most DIII teams, several DII teams and even a couple DI squads.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Not too far off on your upset special GNG {Sarcasm}. Trinity over Londonderry by 16. Junior Jake Hamel exploded for 19 points in this one to lead the Pioneers. Hamel was 6 for 7 from 3 point land. He had 10 of Trinity's 14 first quarter points. This sharp shooter has been lost in the rotational shuffle for a good part of the season, but tonight he found the Lancer rims to his liking.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty Milford played Goffstowns Game

Post  chicagokid43 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Milford played Goffstowns game and was never able to get completely rid of the Grizzlies.
Milford was up about 5 at the end of 1, about 11 at halftime,14 at the end of 3 and finished with a 13 point win. Goffstown shot the ball very well as I suspected. Milford seemed to be able to score when ever they wanted especially when they put the ball in Holders hands. He led Milford with 29. Mitchell played sloppy, shot the ball well fom outside finishing with 17 points but forced his own offense too much. Mike O had 19 I believe and Logan Barlow had at least 12 I would think. Milford could have done a better job of pounding the ball inside but in a way that plays into Goffstowns thought process. Give up two's and make threes... Theu use the right side of the floor well driving right and kicking out to open shooters on that side of the floor. I think if you force them middle it would limit the perimeter shots more and make the driver have to make shots over trees. A fun game to watch,Goffstown has shooters that are very skilled and they are deep enough to wear most teams down. Milford seemed a little worn late but when your behind with them they can pull the ball out and the guards are tough with the lead.

Final was 86 to 73 but it seemed closer than that. Partly because Milford felt they could continue to score and party because Goffstown shot so well down the stretch.
Pelham Friday will be fun...

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 am

Memorial girls had a nice bounce back victory tonight in Hudson by defeating Alvrine 55 - 46. Memorial's offense had a much better spacing and tempo to it after last week's forgettable 3 games. Their starting 5 played well and Taylor Leonard hit a couple of 3's off the bench for offensive support. Elezovic did a good defensive job on Alvrine's Katie Donovan.

The Broncos' Deanna Purcell had a big night. She had around 20 points in the game. She scored her 1000th point and was recognized for her nomination to the McDonald's All Star Team. I have seen a lot of players with nice fluid motion on their shots like Stevens, Madol, Al-Darraji, Donnelly etc., but I'm telling you this 5'10 Senior has one of the nicest shooting motions in the state. She can get her shot off quick in traffic, always squares up and puts a great rotation on her shot. She is definitely a girl's POY candidate for this season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 am

And as for GNG's 2nd upset special: Pinkerton over Central...... loud buzzer please. Central 50 Pinky 44.

I hope GNG's Super Bowl $$$ winnings get stretched real far.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 am

Is there any explanation for why the scoring was so low in the Goffstown - Milford game?

I was expecting the highest scoring game in the history of NHIAA. Does anybody know the answer to that one? Somehow, I don't think we could get a clear answer from NHIAA.

Most total points in one Class L Tournament game: 1990 179 points Nashua 98 Lond 81

Most total points in a Class L Championship game: 1973 154 points West 82 Central 72

Most points by a Class L Championship team: 1965 Portsmouth 83 points in their 83 - 50 victory over Nashua.

Interesting that when Milford won their Class L title in 1972 over Central 79 - 71, it was the 3rd highest team total in a championship game. Any video on this game ChiKid??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty Interesting thoughts from the Goffstown coach

Post  basketballtime on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 am

This came from the Nashua Telegraph online.

“We missed shots we normally make, which would have kept the game closer,” said Goffstown coach Justin Gorman

“It we play again, to be honest with you, it could be 110-105,” Gorman said. “You might see records broken.”

I must say i don't know what game he was watching but if Milford makes atleast 15 uncharacteristic missed layups tonight rebounded the ball better against a smaller Goffstown team and slowed the pace when they got winded they win by that game by forty going away.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty Monday Morning Qback!

Post  chicagokid43 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:33 am

Typical Coach, his team shot the ball very well. They must have hit close to or more than 10 threes. Not sure what his expectations were. I thought the game was a blast to watch but I also thought Milford allowed the kick outs to the threes way to many times. I was talking with people after the game and I really thought pushing a team baseline allowed them to kick to the wing to many times. I would much rather you force this team to the middle of the floor. However give them credit they hit the threes and stayed within range. Goffstown also lived off second chance points. Milford seemed lazy getting to the ball. The rebounding has got to get better come playoff time. Giving up second chances like that is very dangerous.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty out with the boys

Post  GNG on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:27 am

Great postgame t@f,didn't see it coming {sometimes that is when you have the most fun}.Guertin recap,BG played real well,Keene played poorly.

Last edited by GNG on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/15 Game Thread Empty T@F 7-4 in the prediction biz is not to shabby

Post  GNG on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:33 am

as long as you have more wins then losses.

Last edited by GNG on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:36 am

I was a little shocked to see the Bedford @ Pelham score so close, so I looked and Spirou got hurt during the game with an ankle injury, it doesn't say how bad. Hopefully it's nothing serious as that'd be terrible for him as well as his team.

Below's the small recap of the game in the eagletribune, he did play in the game as he was in the boxscore with four points must've been an early injury.
http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/x892853010/The-Final-Score

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum