New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:07 am

Glad to hear you have good neighbors BG.

Jayhawks won their first game in Nationals by 9. Mike O is having a very good tournament. He has scored around/over 20 points in a couple of games today.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:56 am

yep looks like they won 70-61. Tough to play 3 days in a row. Nice that they got three teams that finished 4th in their respective pools in the showcase, hopefully they can see how they stack up against some of the best competition in the country in bracket play.

They get MAC Ohio at Noon and BWSL-Woods at 8:45 tonight. I'll try to update after the games unless T&F can get the scope. I'm just grabbing scores off the AAU website.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:47 am

Chi-Hoosier said 9 games in 4 days. He used the word "grind" to describe the feeling.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 am

Oops I meant to say 3 games in one day - but yes 9 games/4 days is brutal even if you're a young 17 yr old kid. On the other hand, getting the opportunity to play against the best competition in the country really must give the kids a jolt.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  basketballtime Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:06 pm

I would imagine all the teams are playing the same amount of games so i don't think anyone has an advantage or a disadvantage. And don't forget most of us when we were teenagers used to walk five miles uphill just to get to school. And that was after taking care of the farm animals.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:12 pm

From NERR:

"The Granite State Jayhawks scored a 75-54 win over the DH Warriors in the semifinals of the Super Showcase Iron Bracket, before falling to the Hudson River Hornets in the final. Connor Green scored the ball consistently, making corner threes and finishing inside the paint, while battling bigger players inside. Mike OLoughlin played a phenominal overall floor game, showing off a deceptively tight handle, making good decisions vs. pressure, and knocking down shots from the perimeter."
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Jayhawks just beat Mac Ohio by 16. They clinched at least 2nd place in their pool pending their game this evening vs. BWSL-Woods.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 pm

No scores yet...but...

If they win and get first in their pool, they'll play Connecticut Select tomorrow morning at 10:40am. CT Select is a major program that most recently won AAU 17U Nationals in 2007.

If they lose, and get 2nd in their pool, they'll see the Atlanta All-Stars in bracket play tomorrow at 4pm.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Jayhawks lost by 30. They finish 2nd in their pool.

As my astute Milford colleague pointed out, the Jayhawks have played half of a HS basketball season in one week so far at the Nationals.

They will play at least 2 more games in the tournament with 4 pm tomorrow being their next game.

No word on how many more games that will be played with Sam Adams.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:50 pm

ouch....30 points....well they've played a ton of hoop, especially in the last 2 days with this being their 5th game in last 48 hours. I am surprised they lost by that much though. BWSL Woods finished last in their pool in the showcase so figured it would be closer. Anyway - looks like they'll get the Atlanta squad tomorrow.

One would imagine that Sam Adams is going to be playing well into the evening in Orlando...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:53 pm

Asst, at this point if I were a Jayhawkian fan over the age of 21 I would turn to Sam's younger brother for comfort and relief. That would be Sam Adams Light.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:23 am

OK I didn't realize BWSL was Boo Williams...one of the best AAU programs in the country year in and year out. They've got top 5 player in the country PF James McAdoo who's committed to North Carolina (I'm a huge heels fan, this kid is a stud) and almost went there a year EARLY this season since he qualified academically but decided to stick it around for his senior season.

There really is no shame in losing by 30 to that club after the stretch of games this team played. I'll be interested to hear how they stacked up against Boo and what it was like playing against McAdoo (if he played) who's not only a top 5 player but a starter on the U17 USA Basketball team that just won Gold at the Worlds. What a great experience for these kids, I wonder who matched up on McAdoo? Green? McLung? I'm willing to be the GS boys were vastly undersized...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 am

I also heard some of the Jayhawks people were going to check out Austin Rivers at a game yesterday afternoon. He's Doc Rivers' son. He's a 6'4 shooting guard who is the #2 ranked senior in the country by Scouts.com. His schools of interest are Duke, Kentucky, NC etc.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:04 am

Austin Rivers is absolutely one of the best players in the country. I watched his Each 1 Teach 1 AAU squad go up against St. Louis in the Super Showcase finals on ESPN U the other night and he dominated with 22 pts. Hitting floater after floater and it was very evident he could get tot he rim whenever he wanted. He took some ill-advised off-balance jumpshots, but very cool for those guys to go check him out. In that game he played St. Louis who has Bradley Beal, the top rated SG in the country and really outplayed him. Beal led the USA squad in scoring in the Worlds recently but was really shut down in the SS final. Wouldn't be surprised to see Austin's team in the Final 4 at nationals - they've got another top 20 player on their (McLemore I think?) who's also a really solid 3 who can get to the rim and shoot.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Jayhawks were tied with Atlanta at 56 - 56 with 20 seconds left and had the ball......
........ but they wound up losing by 2. Tough loss for the Jayhawks, but they go at it again tomorrow.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread - Page 2 Empty AAU Rivals also doing well

Post  basketballtime Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:57 pm

I heard that Rivals program with Laguerre, Madol,King,and Holder are representing NH quite well in Vegas and Los angeles. They won their bracket by going 3-0 in Vegas and then lost to a team called Bison Red out of Nebraska who apparently lost the Atlanta Celtics J smooth by ten. Why might you ask about that team? Because the Atlanta Celtics lost in the last seconds by three to Double pump elite in the final four and Double pump elite won the finals going away. Currently they are finishing up at the Best of the summer tournament in L.A. so far they have gone 3-0 winning their bracket and just won the next game in the championship gold bracket which puts them into the sweet 16's round tonight around 9:30 pm our time, nice job kids.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:31 am

Thanks for the update on Rivals, keep em comin. Jayhawks play today at Noon vs. Florida Elite in the 1st Rd. Consolation bracket.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2