@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread Empty Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/1541/Jayhawks-on-a-Tear.php

Nice writeup and overview of some of the interest these kids are garnering from colleges and universities.

Last edited by The Assistant on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread Empty Re: Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:43 pm

Jayhawks are 2 - 2 in pool play at Nationals in Orlando.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread Empty Re: Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread

Post  basketballtime on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:28 am

I think if i read correctly they are in the silver bracket and they are 1 - 2 they beat a team called bama boys and lost the other two?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:50 am

Yes looks like they are 1-2 so far from what I can tell...

http://www.aauresults.org/boysb/pdfnat/2010/20101280089426.pdf

They beat the "Bama Boys" 66-63. Connor Green had 18 in the win.

They lost to Old Gold Dream Team77-74. And lost 65-56 to The Hoops Factory.

Its very possible that PDF is not updated, looks like they had 2 games Saturday, and only 1 Sunday?

Last edited by The Assistant on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:55 am

Ah...they moved to bracket play on Sunday evening....Jayhawks beat the SWFL Select 17U team 78-65.

They are in the "Iron" bracket: http://www.aauresults.org/boysb/pdfnat/2010/20101280145187.pdf

So yes - they are technically 2-2 but were 1-2 in pool play and have now moved on passed the first round.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:56 am

They are probably playing right now, 8am game vs. Team Florida 17U.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Results are in - Granite State Jayhawks advance by beating Team Florida 76-67. They play the Awestars at 3pm today in the Quarterfinals of their bracket. I think the Awestars are from Indiana...

Looks like they're playing against all the other teams that finished last in pool play...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Jayhawks movev on with a 65-58 win. They play the Team D H Warriors tomorrow for a chance to play in their brackets final.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Mr. Mitchell isn't keeping up with his updates with me like he normally does. He only tells me when he's going to get cases of Sam Adams to have by the pool. He did say he was sitting 5 feet from Rick Pitino and Billy Donovan. He didn't say if there was a case of Sam Adams between the 3 of them.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:40 am

Here's a nice update on the Jayhawks in Orlando from Mr. Mitchell:

"Well we finished 4th and are in the Iron pool. We have won 2 games in pool play now and play in the morning. If we win we are in the title game of the bracket. Unfortunately that means we will play three games tomorrow because pool play in the evening for the national championship. There was some discussion of limiting some minutes to get ready for the pool game at night. I mean we are 4-2 but in the weak bracket so it may be time to just get ready for nationals. Mike played very well today against a team from Florida. Had to have at least 14 or 15 assist to 3 turnovers. It was a nice game with about 20 coaches doing a lot of flipping of papers and note taking. Very curious about some of the schools that seemed intrigued. Mike got a letter from Suffolk over the weekend and Hobart has been following him. I will do my best to text you tomorrow and keep you informed.

The second team we beat tonight was from Indianapolis. The teams we lost to in pool play all made the final four in their respective pools except for the winner of the pool and the team we beat the Bama Boys. Weird how that panned out."

Mike

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 am

Looks like it's going to be a long day of basketball for the Jayhawks in MickeyVille:

"Jayhawks Semi's at 9:20 and Finals after lunch. Pool play 8pm.. Going to be a long day."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:34 am

So if I read it right...they go BACK into Pool Play with the other teams that made the semi's in their respective brackets? This is a weird tournament to say the least...pool play, bracket, pool play, bracket? Jesus this tourney could go on for weeks...this is the first time I've ever really cared to follow a AAU tourney however.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Renamed - Granite State Jayhawks Super Showcase/Nationals Thread Empty I Believe it is 2 different tournaments

Post  Big Guy on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:45 am

I think the 2 games today end the super showcase,and the pool play tonight begins the nationals.I could be wrong{big surprise},but that is how it was explained to me.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:54 am

Ahhh thanks for the clarifcation...I was on AAU's website the other day trying to figure out the difference between the national championships and super showcase.

Now - is the Super Showcase essentially a play-in tournament? Or did the Jayhawsk qualify for nationals by winning a regional earlier in the summer?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:16 am

I tracked down their info for Nationals:

GS Jayhawks are in Pool SS. They have BWSL-Woods, MAC Ohio and RMF Hurricanes all in their pool with them. The play 1 game tonight at 6:40. So with the Semi's and potentially finals of the Iron Bracket of the Super Showcase they have the potential to play 3 games today.

It looks like a decent draw they got. MAC Ohio and the RMF Hurricanes both finished 4th in their pool at the Super Showcase. MAC Ohio won only their first round game in the bracket and lost to the team the Jayhawks will play this morning in the semis, and RMF Hurricanes lost their first game. BWSL also got 4th place in their Super Showcase pool but I don't see that they played in the Iron bracket...so not sure what happened to them, maybe they bowed out.

Now the question to me still remains if these seedings and pools were determined based on Super Showcase performance.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:59 am

Interesting dilema,do you go for the gold {first place} in the iron bracket,or do you rest legs to make a run at the nationals? Three games in one day is tough,BG played 5 games in 1 day a couple of weeks ago,and kids were still cramping up the next day. If it was me I would rest legs and go for it in the nationals,they certainly have the horses to make a run.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  basketballtime on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am

I think they should go for the gold in the iron bracket. And i have to disagree however with the they have the horses statement after seeing them end up in the iron bracket. I read on line that the team they beat by three the Bama Boys got man handled by the expression elite the following game by forty plus so i think they might be way over their heads in a gold or silver bracket.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 am

I see your point.The people putting these tourny's together shouldn't have one ending and one starting on the same day in my humble opinion.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Well the Jayhawks are still rolling along...they beat the Team D H Warriors handily 75-54. They've now scored 78, 76, 65, and 75 points in the Iron Bracket play averaging almost 73 points a game while giving up 65, 67, 58 and 54 for an average of 61 ppg. So they're winning at about a 12 point clip, pretty decent.

They'll play the Hudson River Hornets today at 2:40pm for the Championship of the Iron Bracket before entering pool play for National later this evening. I think at this point you go for the gold obviously in the Iron Bracket and take your chances in Pool Play. With their draw and ability to score I think if they get a W tonight they have a real chance to move on to the highest ranked bracket in the National tourney.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 pm

The Jayhawks won by 20 this morning. This was the title game of the lowest pool.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 pm

you sure t@f, my sources say it was the semi finals,and the finals are coming up.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:46 pm

It was the Semis according to the AAU website. They just tipped at 2:40 this afternoon vs. Hudsron River Hornets in the Championship.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Jayhawks lost 81-71 in the Iron Bracket Championship. The play again this evening in Pool Play for nationals. They finished 6-3 at the Super Showcase.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Yeah J-Hawks did lose. It's nice of ChiKid/HoosierDaddy to text me between his get togethers with Mr. Sam Adams.

I can't believe I saw the word HUMBLE in a posting by Big Man describing himself. This has been one very hot summer and in my opinion I think the heat is getting to the mental side of Big Man.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:04 pm

That's 2 mistakes I caught you on today,BIG GUY not big man,pay attention T@f I expect more from you.I saw that your neighbor calls you the world's oldest teenager,my neighbors thank god every day that they live next door to me.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum