New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

NHBCO Announces the Granite State Games

3 posters

Go down

NHBCO Announces the Granite State Games Empty NHBCO Announces the Granite State Games

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Class L vs. M and I vs. S

From NHBCO website

http://www.eteamz.com/nhbco/

Granite Games Sunday March 21st Game Information

Information below includes uniform colors, registration times, photo times, introduction times and game times.

Underclassmen selected to all-state are to attend Granite Games.

Granite Game players wear their high school uniform in the game. (Seniors L & M wear dark, I & S wear white.)

Whether or not playing in Granite Game on Sunday 3/21, ALL All-State selections (seniors, juniors, sophomores, frosh) bring and wear high school uniform for introduction and team photo.
(Jr, So, Fr L & M wear white, I & S wear dark.)

There will be 46:00 minutes between the end of each game and the start of the next. This will allow for exiting spectators to vacate and new spectators to enter and locate seating. It will also allow for time for all team photos, introductions and award presentations.

All state players will be introduced 35 minutes before respective class game time. Coaches first. Players, when introduced, will line up along basketball line from half court to baseline, facing the spectators at end of court nearest team bench.

Following completion of introductions of all-state selections, and Coach of the Year, the group will move to an area off the court set up for team pictures.

Front row (6 chairs) first team all-state
Second row (7 chairs) second team all-state and Coach of the Year.
Third row (10 chairs) honorable mention all-state.

ONLY Player of the Year and Coach of the Year plaques, Jack Ford Scholars and Mr & Ms NH Basketball Trophies will be presented at Granite Games. All-State certificates and All-Academic Honor Roll certificates will be given to each player's high school coach for distribution.

NHBCO hopes to make this a special day of recognition for all award recipients and the being organized will be very helpful to that end.Every NHBCO officer, coach and NHTI Sports Management Staff needs to understand schedule and assist with implementation.

Players will receive commemorative t-shirts and game programs AFTER each game.

Schedule for March 21

Girls Class S & M
10:00 - 10:20 Registration
TIMER @10:30 set CLOCK 60:00 & start
10:35 55:00 Class S Granite Team Photo
10:45 45:00 Class M Granite Team Photo
10:55 35:00 All-State Introductions & Coach of the Year
11:05 25:00 All-State Team Photos ("M" followed by "S")
11:10 20:00 Warm-Ups
11:20 10:00 Captains Conference with Officials
3:22 8:00 SOUND HORN - TEAMS TO BENCHES
11:23 7:00 Granite Senior Teams Introductions
11:28 2:00 National Anthem
11:30 0:00 Game Time (2-20 minute halves w/ shot clock)

Half Time of game will be 8:00 minutes.
Half Time Player of the Year & Special Awards

Following Completion of the Game
TIMER set clock CLOCK 46:00 sound horn & start

Boys Class S & M
12:00 - 12:20 Registration
12:45 45:00 Class S Granite Team Photo
12:50 40:00 Class M Granite Team Photo
12:55 35:00 All-State Introductions & Coach of the Year
1:05 25:00 All-State Team Photos ("M" followed by "S")
1:10 20:00 Warm-Ups
1:20 10:00 Captains Conference with Officials3:22
1:22 8:00 SOUND HORN - TEAMS TO BENCHES
1:23 7:00 Granite Senior Teams Introductions
1:28 2:00 National Anthem
1:30 0:00 Game Time (2-20 minute halves w/ shot clock)

Half Time of Game will be 8:00 minutes

TIMER SET CLOCK 46:00 sound horn & start

Girls Class I & L
2:00 - 2:20 Registration
2:45 45:00 Class I Granite Team Photo
2:50 40:00 Class L Granite Team Photo
2:55 35:00 All-State Introductions & Coach of the Year
3:05 25:00 All-State Team Photos ("L" followed by "I")
3:10 20:00 Warm-Ups
3:20 10:00 Captains Conference with Officials
3:22 8:00 SOUND HORN - TEAMS TO BENCHES
3:23 7:00 Granite Senior Teams Introductions
3:28 2:00 National Anthem
3:30 0:00 Game Time (2-20 minute halves w/ shot clock)

TIMER SET CLOCK 46:00 sound horn & start

Boys Class I & L
4:00 - 4:20 Registration
4:45 00:45 Class I Granite Team Photo
4:50 00:40 Class L Granite Team Photo
4:55 00:35 All-State Introductions & Coach of the Year
5:05 00:25 All-State Team Photos ("L" followed by "I")
5:10 00:20 Warm-UPs
5:15 00:15 Granite Senior Team Introductions
5:20 00:10 Captains Conference with Officials
5:22 00:08 SOUND HORN - TEAMS TO BENCHES
5:23 00:07Granite Senior Teams Introductions
5:28 00:02 National Anthem
5:30 00:00 Game Time (2-20 minute halves w/ shot clock)

Half Time Player of the Year & Coach of the Year
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

NHBCO Announces the Granite State Games Empty Re: NHBCO Announces the Granite State Games

Post  nh bball fan Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:59 am

how are these teams picked?

nh bball fan
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

NHBCO Announces the Granite State Games Empty Re: NHBCO Announces the Granite State Games

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:22 am

Good question, I'm really not sure and there's no information on their website (which could use some love). Maybe one of our readers could chime in that might have more knowledge than I on the subject?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  carp24 Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:14 am

The teams are made up of seniors only...they are the 12 with the most all-state selection points totalled in the voting by the coaches in their respective classes.

carp24
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:49 am

That's what I thought Carp, thanks, but didn't want to go out on a limb.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Here's how they select All-State Players:

The process for selecting All-State Players and Varsity Coach of the Year:

A preliminary nomination ballot has been implemented allowing each varsity coach the opportunity to nominate up to four (4) players from his/her own team. There will be an official ballot (available from www.eteamz.com/nhbco ) that will need to be completed and signed by the varsity head coach and submitted in person or by mail (USPS) to the respective Class Ballot Counter. A deadline date will be established and announced for each Class. EFFECTIVE 2006: Preliminary nominations for Varsity Coach of the Year are also to be submitted at the same time as player nominations, and will later be selected on the official ballot.

An official ballot will be produced for each class and gender and forwarded to respective head coaches either electronically or by USPS. Coaches will be only able to vote from players from other teams. Coaches will not be able to vote for their own player(s). The number of positions to vote for shall remain the same: six (6) first team, six (6) second team, and ten (10) honorable mention. Points awarded will remain 5, 3, and 1, respectively. Coaches are NOT to vote for themselves for Coach of the Year.

Ballots must contain six 1st team & six 2nd team selections for a total of twelve (12) player votes (marks). The Honorable mention votes are not mandatory. Incomplete ballots without the minimum of six 1st team & six 2nd team votes (marks) will be voided. Communication between coaches and ballot counters is essential to the success of team selection. Tie breaking procedures have been adopted and will be implemented by ballot counters as necessary.

Ballots must be completed fully and signed by the varsity head coach and hand delivered or mailed via USPS to the appropriate ballot counter. Address information will be provided on the ballot. Ballot submission deadline will be established and announced for each class.

Current NHBCO policy of allowing only varsity coaches (that are dues paying members of the NHBCO for the current season) being allowed to cast all-state ballots, shall continue. However, all varsity head coaches, regardless of NHBCO membership status, shall be allowed and encouraged to submit a nomination ballot for his/her team.

Ballot submission deadlines will be set far enough in advance of the NHBCO end-of-season General Meeting to allow for certificates to be distributed to coaches at that meeting.

Ballot Counters:
Boys- Class L, Jeff Holmes; Class I, Todd Kress; Class M, Dave Chase; & Class S, Buddy Trask
Girls- Class L, Ernie Clark; Class I, Dave Nichols; Class M, Gary Jenness; & Class S, Ed Lemire
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down