New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Road to Durham officially starts tommorrow

2 posters

Go down

Road to Durham officially starts tommorrow Empty Road to Durham officially starts tommorrow

Post  Twinemusic Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:13 pm

"officially" Starts tommorrow, but hell all us old men have been jonesing for this for weeks, I figured with the D.Floras fever basically bled out we should get the Season started as the young lads lace - em for try -outs for D -1 starting around the state tommorrow and the first games 3 weeks away. Let the debates begin !!! Favorites? top 5? best players? all state predictions? best coaches? worst coaches? Seacoast ref's vs. Manchester ref's? state champion predictions? POY predictions? Teams that will over achieve? underachieve? I'll stoke the fire.....I personally think Merrimack will NOT be one of the two standing last in Durham this spring as I think Maturity has escaped these lads atleast for 1 more season, after BG handed them their lunch last season and completely caved downed the stretch, Dflo or no Dflo every season seems to be one thing or another over at merry finishing a disappointing 5/6 hole.Dflo the hype/star fluff, Gendron bros. the workers that get it done. Goody just goody!! They will win alot of games but not the big ones. Also hearing alot of hype on the Boyz over at CENTRAL, they to will win alot of games with their speed and tenacious style of play BUT they are small and seem to have 35 guards on the floor at once, they will lose some games as well but should end up at the dance 4 some. not selling but not buying either,could be the Baltimore Ravens of D - 1 this season very easily, prove me wrong Central, i still think you need a legit big in this league when the monies on the table. Gabe,pellitier will be the ones who determine how far this team goes,Dickson no factor,and lacount takes nights off so guard play will be inconsistant. all the Spring Hype was on the boyz from NORTH which quickly dicipated when they fell back to old ways of immaturity, ball hogging and bickering coming out of the spring leagues and blew games they should have won.the big three are mentally not on the same page yet all three have all state potential, which north team is gonna show? I personnally think they are the most gifted basketball wise in the state and could easily get hot at the right time and run the table......or not!!!. TRINITY the prototypical "Basketball" team....tri-towers, adequete guards, coach thats there time and time again they should be the favorites to win it all, they have 4 players over 6'8" hell there might not be 4 more players 6'8" or above in the entire state in any division let alone 1 team. they should be hands down favorites !. WOW !! there's 4 favorites i've heard since BG grabbed the hardware at Durham last spiring (Congradulations young men) yet no -one wants to put them in the mix because they lost alot of players and Talent, dangerous trap !! this is BG were talking about a school with pride, tradition and athletes and now the Basketball hardware. They might not be as deep as last years squad but they are definetely as talented. If they come together and leave the ego's in the locker room watch out. BIG IF, BIG EGO'S. Kesty needs to become team player, he can score the basketball, but needs to be smarter and play D , Holler just play and make people around him better,should be one of best guards in state, needs to stay focused, Mcarthy needs to call dorothy and gps to OZ, all state if he play's down low in the blocks out to the elbows, nothing if he continues to play outside and not hussle on every posession. they will dance in March but will they cut down the nets yet again? Pinkerton, alverine, dover???? dont see much there but a player or two and thats not gonna get it done in this league, there will be very good baketball played in this state as the level is high in d1 this year and we are sure to have our fair share of story lines good and bad week to week. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE HARD WORKING YOUNG MEN WHO WILL LEAVE THERE SWEAT AND BLOOD AND TEARS ON THE HARDWOOD THIS SEASON........GET this party started........................

No more references to playground items or children characters when referencing high schools. I edited that from this post. Still talking about HS kids here.
Thanks. T & F

Last edited by Tulliver on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Nice article to get it going in D1 b-ball, but a little better choice of words when describing a team going through a rough stretch. We are still talking about HS kids. Thanks.)

Twinemusic
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Road to Durham officially starts tommorrow Empty Re: Road to Durham officially starts tommorrow

Post  goldenbear Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:02 am

North will be a lot better, the new coach will make all the difference. This guy as more pedigree then any new coach in NH in a long time, played for Tom Penders and Stan Van Gundy. North will have an offense that plays to its players strength and they will be fun to watch scoring a lot of points and playing up tempo.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Road to Durham officially starts tommorrow Empty Re: Road to Durham officially starts tommorrow

Post  Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Bg and Milford scrimmage tonight in MIlford @ 7 for those interested. I fully expect BG to handle Milford, as Milford will be without a few players and even if they weren't I'd still expect BG to take care of them, I know it's only a scrimmage but if you've been to one of them the past two years they've had a game like feel and atmosphere.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down