New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D1 Championship

+2
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
6 posters

Go down

D1 Championship Empty D1 Championship

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 pm

A little suprised no one's talking about it, so I'll start something maybe get things going. I didn't see any D1 games this year and only saw BG scrimmage Milford this year but I know what they have and they can only have improved from last year. This seems like it's going to be a very good game. Not to sure about Trinity's guard play, but I do know Zach Steven's can light it up from behind the arc. They also seem to be possibly the biggest/longest team in the state, when I was listening to the game on WGAM seems like they altered every shot that went inside. I figure Connor should be able to get his own on offense but from what it sounds like he's there leading rebounder or one of them, so sounds like it's going to be tough for BG on the boards. These teams seem a lot different in looking at the scores, BG is an offensive team wanting to put up 70, Trinity plays solid d keeps the scores in the 50's but are able to win an offensive game. Again this is speculation and correct me if any of this is wrong, but from what I've read here and in the paper this seems like it should be a good one and no one's talking about it.

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty Holy Grail has been derailed

Post  GNG Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:03 am

Libby's pregame..

Win or lose,won't be blogging until sunday. All sports forum members can tag along with us for the post game festivities.

My wife showed me a picture of when Mcclung,Kelly,Cuipa, and Remillard were on a 3rd grade Merrimack all star team. These kids have been playing together a long time, and today is the last time they all are together playing a sport. Win or lose it has been a FANtastic ride.

Dust off the baseball website, cuz Remi and Cuips start swinging bats on Monday. Rumor has it that Kelly is gonna run track and play baseball. I was his babe ruth all star coach, and I think the last ball he hit in Concord is still in orbit.

When was the last time football and hoops won it in the same year ? Cuipa qb/captain football, starting forward, Kelly rb/ captain football 6th man {best 6th man in NH in my opinion}, Remillard lb named a captain during the season by TOJO, starting guard/ captain on the hoops team, Physocha wr/ punter, starting guard / captain hoops team. My point is this, they have A BOATLOAD OF SENIOR LEADERSHIP. Green and McClung are the stars of the show,but just like a great sitcom the supporting actors make it a great show.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty 1983

Post  GNG Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:40 am

I have been told once or twice that is the last time BG won a basketball title. Last night at practice members and coaches from that team went and spoke to the kids. How cool is that. My son was ready to play last night. Fired up, you bet.

Funny story. I coached Cuips, Kelly, and my kid in the Merrimack rec league. They were 7th graders playing in the 7th/8th grade league. We were called THE BEASTS and we pretty much rolled thru the league. We get to the finals and my kid fouls out. It wouldn't be so bad if it was the 4th quarter,even the 3rd quarter, heck I would have taken the 2nd quarter. NO 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter and he is gone from the game. You had to play kids for consecutive minutes, so I couldn't take him out. We won { thats what these kids do}. I hope he remembers that today, stay on the court.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty If I ran the nhiaa

Post  GNG Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:45 am

Christopher Duffley would be singing the Anthem. Nine years old, blind, and autistic and the kid can belt it out like a pro. Check him out on the wmur website.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty Re: D1 Championship

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:19 am

Wow, how many cups of coffee have you had so far this morning? Or.... is this just your usual good morning to the world ??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty GNG is not the only one UP for this one!

Post  NHRamFan Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:27 am

The whole BG community, past and present, is psyched for this one. The only difference is that GNG is jogging from Merrimack to Durham to burn off his nervous energy. His entries on this site come as he tweets his way east!

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty I will be at libby's at noon

Post  GNG Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 am

THE DIET IS ON THE BACK BURNER TODAY.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:38 am

The game comes down to the type of defense Trinity plays against BG and how well they play it. Does Trinity go zone and allow Green, McClung etc. to settle in nicely to the UNH nets or do they go man? If Trinity goes man they have a severe matchup problem with Aluko and Lauderdale being able to play the BG bigs off the dribble. This would lead to early foul trouble and spell disaster for the Pioneers. Maybe, Trinity plays Aluko in a one man zone off ball and take a chance on leaving a certain BG player open for certain minutes of the game. BG will play man. We know that. The key for the Cardinals is to keep Green out of foul trouble. BG is such a different team when he is in there. When Green picked up his 4th foul and came out for 1:30 against Central on Tuesday his replacements didn't look like they were ready for Lundholm Prime Time. This might be where McCarthy comes in for short periods to play Aluko and Lauderdale and take some defensive pressure off Green. BG must not let Trinity set any records for blocked shots and altering shots. They can't do what Alvrine did on Tuesday. The Broncos served up way too many TF-1000s on a blocked shot silver platter and then went into a timid offensive shell.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:44 am

Where, What and Who is Libby's ??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty Diet.. BACK BURNER...

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:57 am

GREAT LINE! A stove reference for a diet scenario... o the irony in that!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:01 am

47 main st durham nh. my good friend "wild Bill Holler" recommended it. It has a great menu, and rumor has it their libations are quite refreshing.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 am

There are 2 great stories today. Milford a team for the ages, and BG FIRST TIME IN A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME. i HOPE THEY BOTH GET IT DONE.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:06 am

So, no Holy Grail pre game or is Libby's being incorporated into a longer pre game??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:09 am

I will be holding court at noon at LIbby's. The grail has been derailed due to the distance factor.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:11 am

Yea, OK I've been there before. Typical college food etc. Not bad. Now, if you bounce back on the diet today, GNG, I would suggest the Hummus platter and Avocado veggy wrap. If not there's plenty of artery clogging selections there.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty Goodluck...

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:14 pm

To BG, would like to see them get the title.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:00 pm

This games on WGAM for those not there Wal Majong just hit a 50 ft buzzer beater to take the lead 36-35

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty BG 54 Trinity 46

Post  NHRamFan Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Can't believe I'm the first one to post this....great game! McClung with two monster threes and Green with several key rebounds in the fourth helped BG take their first boys' bball title since the Reagan era!

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty What a ride

Post  GNG Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:57 am

I know many of you won't believe this,but I was one of the first to leave the post game bash at THE JADE. I was spent,exhausted,drained,relieved,euphoric,elated, and excited all rolled into one. Don't worry though I heard my bride, and Mrs Cuipa more then made up for my absence. They closed the place.

Some things I will never forget from yesterday.

That kid who sung the Anthem,gave me goose bumps. What an ovation when he finished.

T@F {A Trinity grad} being banished to our side after some of his friends got a glimpse of the BG shirt we got him.

When Majong hit that prayer from beyond half court to end the 3rd to give them a 1 point lead. I thought to myself some days it's just not meant to be.

When Remi took their big man down going for a rebound, then gets up pounding his chest, as if to say "you have height,talent,all I got is HEART".

Cuipa's 7 big rebounds, McCarthy's threes, McCLUNG in front of the students launching those dagger three's. Green diving for a loose ball, There was a time where that wasn't in his game. Kesty taking a charge. Kelly exhorting the crowd.

My son hugging Migs on the sideline with 8 seconds left, then seeking me out after the roar had died down, hugging me, tears streaming down his face.WHAT A RIDE.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:44 am

Tell me about you being the first to leave The Jade. I'm getting ready to leave the 90th B-Day party and text you to see where the celebration was up to and you say you're exhausted and will be leaving soon..........

.......... now if you would've told me The Bride and Lady Cuips, 2 lovely ladies I might add, would've be continuing the celebration and closing up the Jade......

.......Well, I would've helped the owner of The Jade dead bolt the door closed at the end of the night.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty Mignault can't win at Durham

Post  GNG Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:55 am

Took care of that one. Mignault can't win a title, took care of that one.

Hats off to Migs, Marty Edwards, and Pete Smilikis. What a wonderful job they did, not only on the floor but off the court as well.

I realize that people will say they are losing alot of senior leadership for next year, but remember this. Mignault builds programs. This is what he has next year, and remember alot of these kids saw major minutes this year

Joe McCarthy, 6 ft 5 ,can bang inside, can shoot the three, has icewater in his veins.
Brad Holler, point guard/ shooting guard. Lights out streak shooter, who got to practice this year with some of the most physical guards in d1.Next year is his year.
Logan Kesty,slasher/scorer who learned to play defense this year. Next year he thrives.
Cooper Paul,Injured for most of his first 3 years at bg. Kid can score,dish,and defend.
Nate Chartrand, plays defense like Rem. Not bashful for taking and making Threes.
Jordan Corban, power forward. MIGS LOVES THIS KID. Very physical, will bang the boards.
Jeff lund, 6ft 5 and still growing. I LOVE THIS KID. My breakout player candidate.
Toscano, another guard who can fill it up quickly.
Seremi,banger football player who will see minutes.
CJ Boykins will be a sophmore sensations. I watched this kid on jv all year, almost every game he would make a play where you would go WOW.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

D1 Championship Empty Great Game

Post  middleschoolball Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 pm

This was a great Final game. The only downfall is parking. The UNH parking lot has one way in and one way out. There was an accident on the way out and I must have sat a little under 30 minutes getting in my car and out of the parking lot and getting back on Rt. 4. That was brutal. I wonder if they can make the one way in driveway across from Lundholm into a one way out during special events with the police assistance.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Did not see much of Trinity (only once) this year do they ever play the three bigs at the same time. With all three coming back next year, if not this year will we see it next year?

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum