@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Halfway home. Thirteen D1 teams who have a CHANCE TO DANCE in Durham.

Go down

Halfway home. Thirteen D1 teams who have a CHANCE TO DANCE in Durham. Empty Halfway home. Thirteen D1 teams who have a CHANCE TO DANCE in Durham.

Post  GNG on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 pm

I have whittled it down to 13 teams who could get to THE FINAL FOUR.

TRINITY 8-2. Bring the intensity they brought to the BG game everynight, and nobody touches this team. CHANCE TO DANCE 86.33%

ALVIRNE 7-2.What's not to like? They won't be Cinderella this year. This season their one of the BIG DOGS. CHANCE TO DANCE. 71%

CENTRAL 6-3. My roller coaster team. I was down on them, then up. Now that Salem game. Down again. Come dance time I suspect I will be up again. CHANCE TO DANCE 67%

MERRIMACK 8-1. Would be right up with Trinity if it wasn't for the injury bug that has bitten the Tomahawks. That bug has taken some BIG bites. CHANCE TO DANCE 65.98%

NORTH 7-2. IF. Notice I capitalized it. IF all their team is together come tourny time, WATCH OUT. CHANCE TO DANCE. 65.965%

WEST 6-3. Athletes everywhere. The team nobody {even Trinity} wants to play in the 2nd round. CHANCE TO DANCE 58%

BG 5-5. Turnovers,turnovers,turnovers. They start taking better care of the ball, who knows. They love playing on the road to hostile crowds. CHANCE TO DANCE 54.99%

SALEM 7-3. Great coach who gets the most out of his players. I just don't see them winning the second game on the road. CHANCE TO DANCE 50%

PINKERTON.6-3. Tough 2nd half games await the Astros. CHANCE TO DANCE 49.5 %

SPAULDING 6-4. Those losses to Concord and Londonderry will haunt them later this season. CHANCE TO DANCE.40%

SOUTH 5-5. .500 if their lucky,not enough offense. CHANCE TO DANCE.30%

MEMORIAL 4-4.They like to shoot the trey ball. I don't see it,but this season you never say never. CHANCE TO DANCE 29%

WINNIE 5-4. I see 7 losses in the second half of their season. CHANCE TO DANCE. 12%

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Halfway home. Thirteen D1 teams who have a CHANCE TO DANCE in Durham. Empty Re: Halfway home. Thirteen D1 teams who have a CHANCE TO DANCE in Durham.

Post  Tulliver on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:33 pm

We aren't dopplegangers anymore, GNG

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Halfway home. Thirteen D1 teams who have a CHANCE TO DANCE in Durham. Empty Re: Halfway home. Thirteen D1 teams who have a CHANCE TO DANCE in Durham.

Post  GNG on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:13 am

Dave previewed every game this week. Impressive Basketball

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:12 am

GNG wrote: Dave previewed every game this week. Impressive Basketball

Here's the direct link: http://www.nhsportspage.com/display_full_story.php?story_id=764

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Trinity - 98% chance. Built for the regular season and playoffs. Will most likely be playing #14, 15 or 16 seed at home in prelim and then no lower than a #6 seed at home in the quarterfinals. Think Trinity student body on these 2 home games.

Alvirne - 90% chance. Interesting dynamic this year for the Broncos. They have been slow starters the last few years. It will be interesting to see how they handle a season long momentum swing into the playoffs.

Merrimack - With Floras 85%. Without Floras 75%. The only reason I only have a 10% disparity is because of not being sold on a good majority of D1 boys teams this year. In any other year this Merrimack team without Floras would be at 50 to 60 % with better overall D1 teams.

Central - 80%. The Salem loss surprised me. Their history and reputation along with Doc favors them going to the Final Four.

Salem - 60%. The more I look at them the better they become. If they get Ruffen back watch out. This team along with Alvirne has 2 of the better "Team Toughness" quotients in D1.

North - 51%. They are starting to grow on me, but as always with North, with a lot of trepidation. The last 3rd of their schedule will make or break the Titans.

West - 40% and maybe falling quite fast in the near future. External factors might hinder the Blue Knights.

Spaulding - 33%. The only thing that gives them this much is their penchant for turning it on in March. If they finish 9th or lower then I give them a 1% chance because of their lack of road warrior mentality.

Pinkerton, BG and South - 25%. In the first month of the season either of these teams might have been over 50%, but soft schedule, turnovers and lack of scoring have come back to hurt these 3 teams in some ways.

Memorial - 100% if they hit 55% of their 3 point attempts. 51% If their 3 point attempts fall at an average rate . If their 3 point attempts fall at a below average rate 0%.

Winny - 15%. They do play hard and get the most with what they have. The surprising win over South gives them hope.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:50 am

Bert, I picked 6 other teams with a better chance to make it to Durham then BG. Although I root for BG{ Cool , me with my BG sunglasses} I am realistic.

See where I picked Londonderry, and Nashua.

Give it a try Bert. Who do you like, and why? Basketball Basketball Basketball

STILL WAITIN BERT

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum