New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3

+3
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
MaxSportsNH
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3 Empty Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3

Post  MaxSportsNH Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:24 am

Week 2

Current Rank/Previous Rank
1. (1) Pinkerton, 2-0
2. (5) Salem, 2-0
3. (3) Exeter, 2-0
4. (6) Nashua North, 2-0
5. (Cool Bishop Guertin, 1-1
6. (2) Nashua South, 1-1
7. (10) Keene, 1-1
8. (4) Manchester Central, 1-1
9. (9) Portsmouth, 1-1
10. (NR) Winnacunnet, 1-1
OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Trinity, 2-0; Laconia, 2-0; Milford, 2-0; Timberlane, 1-1; Dover, 1-1; Goffstown, 2-0

Heres some Fun, I am sure GNG will have his Picks Ready, But you arent the only handicapper around big boy.

Merrimack at Alvirne
ALVRINE wins a tight one, in the 4th quarter. 28-20 Could Merrimack really be 0-6 until Spaulding?
Winnacunnet at Dover
Dover Runs Wild in a tight one 14-7
Exeter at Londonderry
Exeter 36-14 , Until Sean O'Gorman returns from suspension the Lancers will continue to struggle, and Bill Ball has a much better team this year.
Pinkerton at Nashua North
Pinkerton puts up 60 on a very mediocre at best North team, could see 500yds of offense from the astros.
Manchester Memorial at Salem
another scoring fest Salem 48-20, the 20 will come late 2nd half , Fredricks scores 4 Boring !!!!!
Bishop Guertin at Spaulding
Wing T-0 Power I Football-21 Can BG get out of this game Injury free and ready for next week.
Manchester West at Timberlane Regional
Timberlane scores 30+ 32-6, West has a young coach that the kids respect , they will continue to improve. Timby is for real.
Lowell, MA at Nashua South
Border War! Lowell has some players on both sides of the ball and South showed they still play the swiss cheese defense which only works when you can drop 40+ of your own on the lighted marquee.
wont happen Saturday in the new Turf, Lowell makes it 2 in a row for this rivalry. 28-14
[b]

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3 Empty Re: Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3

Post  GNG Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Max ,I like the way you think. Your only wrong on one game. Merrimack beats Alvirne 28- 20.

I also think Memorial puts up at least 35 on Salem. 54-35 sounds about right.
GNG"S FAB FIVE
. People with votes are GNG, The Big Guy, and Tom Remillard... My poll only does top 5. You want your team in it, I got 2 words. PLAY BETTER.

1 PINKERTON. I don't see any holes, and I have been looking.

2 EXETER. I'm liking what I'm seeing. Last year was an aberration {word of the day}. Would not be surprised to see Coach Ball's squad in the finals against Pinkerton. The over/under on total passes in the game will be 6.

3 SALEM.They look like an old afl team from back in the day. This team's offense can hang 50 on anybody in the state, problem is there defense can give up 51.

4 BG. Wing T will be an answer to the trivia question, "What offense did Coach Cote scrap after a game and a half"?. Love the athletes on defense, they have what one would call CLOSING SPEED.

5.KEENE. I hate KEENE. I met my wife at Keene ST. If only I hadn't met her I would be best friends with Phil Ivey playing poker in Vegas, living the life. I digress. I don't hate Keene, {but I hate driving to Keene} and I got a feeling both Keene and BG will be undefeated in the division heading into the last week of the season. So I'm gonna have to make the drive. I got a feeling it's gonna live up to the hype for d2 game of the year.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3 Empty Re: Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:16 pm

I believe with the above post we have the first tri polar member of the Forum..............

...........Since the tri polar kid from Milford.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:52 am

I was going for the Father, Son, Holy Ghost angle.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:18 am

Preacher GNG... Too many sins and skeletons for *that* to happen... Also I know your favorite drink is not holy water nor is it wine from the chalice.

I don't think the Merrimack/Alvirne game will be that close... Alvirne coach self assessing his team a couple weeks ago noted the inability to tackle... I saw them play and lose (albeit in a scrimmage) against Campbell who has a bruising back and speed back. Not sure who King has to throw to, but I'm guessing that will be something Merrimack exploits - the passing game. I read in the Telegraph today about the speed guys - I think Alvirne's in for a long night.

If you want to watch a good old fashion football game (literally) - swing by Londonderry where it's single wing vs. straight T. Two teams that like to grind it out. I think Exeter has been able to reload this year - they're still not in the Salem/Pinkerton category, but they should be a playoff contender.

I doubt Memorial scores 35 vs. Salem. They'll be too tired chasing Jerickson all over the place.... Intriguing D1 match of the day is Central at Concord... I probably would have easily picked Concord if they had not lost their QB to a season ending injury last week. But it'll be interesting to see how Central rebounds from that blasting by Salem and whether Concord can pull it together.

Best non D1/D2 games - Laconia/Trinity on Fri and Souhegan/Goffstown on Sat... Upset special Con-Val/Portsmouth... Portsmouth should win, but they are coming off that big win....

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:22 pm

JAF, if I tell you The Crusaders are going to score 35, they will score 35. You need not apologize for doubting me, Memorial can score , however their defense is in a word porous.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:40 pm

I'll go with Jaf on the Memorial points {I love going against GNG}.

There will be a combined 78 to 88 points scored in the Salem - Memorial game, but the Crusaders will have no more than 28 of the combined points.

{Have I mentioned how I love being on the other side of mid-field from GNG?}

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:12 pm

I gave JAF a pass. You on the other hand my friend will be requiried to give a heartfelt "I WILL NEVER DOUBT GNG's sports knowledge,rather it be hs,college,or pros " apology later tonight or first thing Saturday.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxSportsNH Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:23 pm

I still think Alvrine Beats Merrimack this week, Broncos play tough at home and it may come down to possession.

Game can really go either way, it doesnt much matter, as GNG says"Who cares if it aint TOP 5"

this is really a Cereal Bowl.

memorial? 35points ? Seriously GNG? their Fullback is a truck, and QB has an arm but 5 TD's is alot for them even in the defenseless D1(sans Astros, Exeter)

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:32 pm

If I am wrong I will eat my words for breakfast, but I'm planning on pancakes, not words.

Cereal bowl, I like that Max. Your witty. Alot of my quick wit is lost on T@F. Stuff flies over his head all the time.

cheers cheers

My people say Alvirne is weak. I've seen Merrimack, their weak with some playmakers. I lose alot of respect for coaches who blame their teams POOR performance on their youth. BG played a slew of freshmen and sophs last year. They did fine. It's up to the coaches to coach the kids during the week, so on gameday the kids are ready. Coaches who blame their youth are just looking for an excuse.

Last edited by GNG on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:35 pm

I'll hire a plan to fly round and round above your house this weekend with the.........

Points Memorial scores against Salem

I did mention I LOVE going against GNG, didn't I?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:40 pm

pig Your going to hire a plan. What's a plan? Do you mean plane? pig pig will fly before you ever hire a plane

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:56 pm

D2 game of the night, Winnie at Dover. Both of these teams are nowhere close to last years squads. I saw Dover last week at Mtown, wasn't impressed. I still think they beat Winnie.

I see this as a 3 TEAM DIVISION. BG, KEENE, TIMBERLANE.

Then I see a dropoff to DOVER, and WINNIE. One of these 2 will make the dance.

Then I see a HUGE DROPOFF TO ALVIRNE, MERRIMACK, SPAULDING, AND WEST.

Last year d2 had alot better teams.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:59 pm

The idiosynchrasies of posting from a droid.

Plane plane plane plane plane plane

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:01 pm

You making a plan to take a plane, train or automobile to the Flanagan rememberance at Memorial tomorrow?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm

GNG, you should make a bee line to where I'm at right now:

GLENDI

I'm eating pita, pastichio, lamb, dolmathes and then finikia, rice pudding, galatoboureko and then crown it off with maple syrup laden loukoumades.

Am I making you hungry?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:25 pm

No, gotta spend some quality time with the MRS. I believe we are heading to the coast. It's her call. That's the kind of guy I am.

Speaking of planes,trains, and automobiles. I always felt T@F would be perfectly cast as the STEVE MARTIN character in the said movie. That or as FELIX UNGER in THE ODD COUPLE.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:28 pm

NICE.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Personally, I'll take the Felix Unger character in the Odd Couple.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxSportsNH Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:48 pm

headed to the seacoast myself. Will be a crsip cold one outside tonight.

reports say Winnie is at #4 on depth at Running Back, Dover is a second half team and will take this one. Winnie plays tough. Im sticking with Dover @ 14-7

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Week #1:
Hollis-Brookline 27 Manchester Memorial 19
Salem 20 Keene 13

Week #2:
Manchester Memorial 36 Manchester West 26
Salem 50 Manchester Central 28

So GNG will have us believe that Memorial is going to score 35 on Salem, when both Keene and Central couldn't score 30? Did you forget the game is at Salem - a grass field and Memorial hasn't played on grass this year in a game or scrimmage. Practice "this week" maybe... If Memorial scores 35, then Salem will probably be in the 70's tonight (and I'm not talking temperature!)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:28 pm

I hear ya Jaf. You are preaching to the choir.

Speaking of preaching and a choir, when do you think the last time GNG stepped into the House of God?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Back in June at the Baccalaureate for his son! But now we're off topic again!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Not bad. I would've guessed Easter or Christmas mass.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:33 pm

BG up 13-8. Still using wing t. That shocks me.

Memorial up 7 -0 after one quarter.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next