@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3

Post  GNG on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:45 pm

My guy at the BG game is saying BG is flat as flat can be.

Coach Cote is going to find out sooner or later. His offense doesn't work with this team.

3rd quarter vailas to chartrand 20-8 for the second time in the game. I am dropping BG out of my top 5.

Last edited by GNG on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3

Post  GNG on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:19 pm

salem 22- memorial 20 at half. 15 more points T@F. and 2 quarters to get them.

salem 30 mem 27 mid 3rd

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:28 pm

I am so glad the BG football team is under the GNG petri dish.

He watches their EVERY move.

How's Memorial doing against Salem?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:33 pm

Dover blanked Winny 28 - 0

Bedford took Pelham to the wood shed and spanked them 62 - 0

Slobberknocks continue with Timby beating West 48 - 14 and Exeter pasting Londonderry 46 - 6

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:46 pm

I watched about 2 quarters of Alvirne and Merrimack tonight on my way home from the grocery store... Gawdawful is about all I can say. I got there MMK was up 7-0, Alvirne has the ball - drives down to about 10 w/ 30 seconds left, scores, but wait, there's a penalty. Then not one, not two, but at least 3 penalties later and Alvirne is too far away from the end zone... After half - Alvirne executes onside kick (pooch into second level) and recovers and then just drives the field for a score. I'm thinking wow.... The extra point is kicked and good, but WAIT there's laundry on the field - back Alvirne up 5 yards and retry. This time something happened on the snap and MMK stopped the holder well shy of the end zone. Again, Alvirne tries onside pooch kick, this time a MMK player catches the kick and he gets HAMMERED. After that it seemed like Alvirne would be able to score again as they had the upper hand, but when they got inside the 30 they couldn't get further. MMK would get the ball go about 15-20 yards and give it back. YUCK. I left with about 5 mins left, but MMK still holds on for 7-6 win.

Is this the same team that played Dover close? A Dover team that blasted Winni tonight? Youch. We'll see next week I guess.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Jaf - I hope all your perishables didn't perish watching the 2 quarters of "Gawdawful" football. Groceries aren't cheap these days.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Were you outside tonight at all? I had all I could do to keep myself warm - I wasn't worried about the groceries they were in a natural cooler! I'm just glad I didn't travel to Rochester tonight where it's always seems to be 10 degrees cooler!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Pinkerton over north 47-0.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Well, I hope you didn't get any cantaloupes or apple juice.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Looks like I gotta drop Winnie down with the lower tier teams in division 2. A truly unspectacular division this year.

When was the last time BG only beat Spaulding by 19 points. BG usually scores 50 against Spaulding with their 2nd , 3rd, and 4th stringers playing most of the game. The wing t is not for me. The line is just not big enough to run it properly. Thank God they are playing Merrimack next week, and not Keene.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Stead on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi guys, I have been reading the forum for quite a while and my son graduated from PA last year and is playing D3 college ball now. Looking forward to following all of the teams going forward and I still go to as many PA games as possible. I know that many of you have years of D2 expertise and since PA will have Exeter coming up, how do you think Exeter would stack up in D2 this year and what do you think the PA/Exeter game will look like? I look forward to chiming in on occasion.

Stead
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3 - Page 2 Empty RE: Stead

Post  E.I.R. on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:44 am

Well, assuming you mean how will Exeter stack up in Division 1, I'd say pretty well. They are one of the few teams in Division 1 with a defense (in fact, I think Pinkerton is the only other) and from what I hear they have some good speed guys on offense and a large line. The PA/Exeter game should be as close to a good game as Pinkerton comes this year, although I don't think that's saying much. Maybe a preview of the D1 Final (i'm not GNG so don't quote me on it).
As for the BG/Spaulding game, the first half was, as seems to be the case this year, horrendous. Spaulding ran a jumbo set (2 TE's, FB, and 2 RB in splitback formation) and basically used their offensive line like a wedge all night. Back would run straight, and either get 4 yards or bounce outside (in which case they got 5 yards Wink ). The noseguards for BG got pounded into the linebackers, and the whole Spaulding offense was a cluster...well you know. As for the BG offense, I'm not ENTIRELY sure flat is the right word. They scored their first touchdown on a drive that was maybe 5 plays, 2:30 minutes, and 60+ yards. The problem was, after that Spaulding was lining up in a TNT, and the backers were blitzing between the guard and tackle, who also had guys on them. That's 5 defensive guys, and three blockers in the middle, assuming the tackles (Collins and Saremi) both take their man. Playcalling was more to blame in my opinion. That stacked front and BG ran up the middle the first half. But then the incredible happened--Cote made an in game adjustment Shocked (knew this day would come). Saw him on the sideline during Spaulding's first drive of the second half talking to the three interior linemen, and the next drive they made an adjustment, started running outside. The first play of the half for BG's offense was an outside run with Mailloux (guard #60 pulled) and the inside clogged, Mailloux was off to the races for 50ish yards, barely brought down by a cornerback-safety combo tackle. Few plays later we see a Vailas to Chartrand bomb, score's 20-8. Their next drive showed a bit of life, then stalled, and their third drive drove all the way down the field and ended on a 1 yard Mailloux TD (2 for him on the ground, plus his first 100+yard rushing game of the year, and 2 receiving TD for Chartrand).
Final Summary - BG Defense was weaker than the offense tonight, but the TD for Spaulding was set up by a bad snap on a punt (another happened on the first TD, leaving BG up 6-0 instead of 7-0). BG offense started hot, cooled down, then made a few good adjustments at the half and came out kicking again. Vailas looked good at QB for the Cards. Fahey is still better I think, but they certainly have a better backup than many other teams have starters. Mailloux ran with a lot of heart today, it had been missing a bit in the Pinkerton game, but vs. Timberlane and Spaulding he looks like the lead back the Cardinals need in order to win. Chartrand had some great catches (not just the two TD's) but did muff his coverage on the Spaulding TD (a 4th and 2 goalline throw to a TE). Injuries seem to be catching up to the BG Boys - Fahey is obviously out this week, but Marino and Boykin were both still sidelined, and Smith played very little (did have an INT before the half), and Lansing sat out a big portion of the 3rd quarter (how is his name not on NHNotebook's Class of 2013 best players?), although the Spaulding playcalling was keeping the DB for BG out of the equation.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Power Poll , Predictions for Week 3 - Page 2 Empty Surprised...

Post  JustinMcIsaac on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:18 am

I had Dover v Winnie tonight, thought we'd get a shootout, but Dover dominated in all 3 phases. 28-0 final, could've been 56-0, but Dover called off the dogs. A much better Dover team than I saw in week one.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:49 am

Stead- Welcome. IT will become THE GAME in division one because Billy Ball is a super coach who knows how to put players in a position to succeed. Last year he had nothing to work with.

Give Bill Ball last year's Merrimack team {they were loaded with athletes} and he goes undefeated and wins division 2, instead of their usual 6th place finish. Of course he would have moved several players into different positions.He finds your weakness and picks at it. all game long.

Unlike some other division 1 coaches he won't be kicking off to a certain Salem stud..

I remember the good old days when BG - Exeter. Two coaching legends squaring off.

E.I.R, good recap. Thanks.

Your right about Lansing.

Guertin seems to play to the level of their competition which is bad with Merrimack coming to Stellos. This the closest Merrimack will get to the playoffs, their students will be in a whiteout . This their SUPER BOWL.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum