New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 4th Game Results

+8
goldenbear
nhbasketballguy
tarrier
chicagokid43
EBlessNHSP
GNG
middleschoolball
Tuesday and Friday
12 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Feb. 4th Game Results - Page 3 Empty Re: Feb. 4th Game Results

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:36 am

I dunno Mr. ChiKid...if you knew what my daily schedule/routine was like...the only "events" I plan are diaper changes at 3am and burp sessions every 3 hours. Couple that with business trips once a month to the the heart of Jayhawk country and you'll know why tonight was the first time I made it out of the house...and I've been bribing my wife for weeks!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:38 am

Yeah I thought I was in the Land of Oz when the Assistant said he was actually attending a HS basketball game. I was starting to think Assistant was like Robert Duvall in the movie Get Low.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:38 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:In talking with other people about this I believe the word LIABILITY came up more than once.

Obviously we'll put ChiKids name on any of the paperwork. It's kind of like when you to a Red Sox game and you really want that free T-Shirt from Mastercard. You want it so bad...you can taste it. Or better yet, it's free foam finger day at the ballpark, as long as you apply for that Visa Card.

Well, your buddy who's off buying you beer will soon be the lucky recipient of a new Red Sox Visa Card. I'm sure ChiKid is known well enough around MIlford to collect the necessary information... Surprised
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:40 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Yeah I thought I was in the Land of Oz when the Assistant said he was actually attending a HS basketball game. I was starting to think Assistant was like Robert Duvall in the movie Get Low.

Hey now...I watch HS hoops every Friday night through the words of my flock on the NHSportsForum. cyclops
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:43 am

So, ChiKid would be the receiver of any complaints during the Unofficial HS Final Four?

What perfect bounce back symmetry. An alleged complainer being in charge of receiving complaints.

What a beautiful world this can be sometimes.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 4th Game Results - Page 3 Empty Best part

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:43 am

Best part about being a stay at home mom at my age is the kids do not stay at home with you... and they burp and change themselves... nice!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:44 am

chicagokid43 wrote:Best part about being a stay at home mom at my age is the kids do not stay at home with you... and they burp and change themselves... nice!

I'm not even sure what you're talking about here...but the mental image was disturbing nonetheless.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:45 am

Small recaps of some of the southern nh games.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/sportshighschoolsports/907927-221/high-school-highlights.html

Back to top Go down

Feb. 4th Game Results - Page 3 Empty Mr Assistant bragged about his Schedule

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:46 am

Mr Assistant bragged about his schedule so I wanted to brag about mine... that is all.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:47 am

chicagokid43 wrote:Mr Assistant bragged about his schedule so I wanted to brag about mine... that is all.

Fair enough...Your schedule sounds fun. No wonder you are such a video editing legend.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:03 am

For those that read the "basketballguy" post...that type of post will obviously not be tolerated here.

Its funny - because not 10 minutes ago I moved the "State of the NH Sports Forum" thread to the "Announcements" forum because I felt it'd run it's course and things had gotten sane again. Maybe that was a bad idea....

Please do not insult the rest of the forum by posting inflammatory words against other posters. If you have something to say to somebody - Private Message them. Or take it up with them in person if you know who they are. The NH Sports Forum is not your sounding board for your childish concerns with how others act or do things.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbasketballguy Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:04 am

everyone loved Souhegan when they were 2-16.

nhbasketballguy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 am

Gentlemen, it would be appreciated if better decorum was observed in the Forum chatter's box.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:06 am

South Merrimaxk game very interesting, South jumps to early lead 19-11, Mucciolli is by far the best player on the court then he picks up a second foul.

Floras and the older Genderon start to take over the game and mid way through the third Merrimack is up 10.

Maz goes 2-3 zone and South chips away for some reason Merrimack pulls it out up 7 late in the third they dont score, South scores late third cuts it to 5. South scores first in the 4th now you have a 3 pont game,

Merrimack gets up to 6 when Flores comes up from behind and steals the ball from Preston at half court then lays it in and get the foul.

South then chips away again and takes the lead 51-50, they get a 3-1 and Cordero hits Thistle for a lay up to go up 3 but the official decides to call travel with just over a minute left. South gets a stop and their sideline play with about 45 left and instead of hitting the point guard in the back court they hit AM going towards the basket he looks for contact and there really is not much and he misses the lay up then Merrimack comes the other way and Flores hits the lay up and gets the foul call to go up 2 with 25 seconds left.

South brings it down and get get a look so they call time out with 12 left, Then they get the ball to AM, with Flores on him, Flores plays good D and pokes the ball away to about 22 feet, AM picks the ball up and lunches, Flores grabs his left hand, thus AM must shot the ball one handed and air balls no call. In game where there was over 30 fouls calls the refs decided to swallow the whistle at the very end.

Merrimack fans were yelling at the refs saying what an awful call, " I am rooting for Merrimack but they just blew the game way to blow the game refs"

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:10 am

G-Bear that is an interesting take on the key play in the South - Merrimack game.

For what it's worth Tom King spoke about the play on WGAM's Friday night wrap up show. King said if he was a referee he wouldn't have called a foul on that play. I'm not giving an opinion on the play as I wasn't there.

As sooooooo many people say now:

"I'm just saying."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 4th Game Results - Page 3 Empty Do not get it twisted at all.

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:14 am

I have said many nice things about Souhegan in the past. I constantly say they are a top 4 team. I have tons of nice things to say about Len. He is my favorite player to watch on that team I think he is underrated and will have a nice career. I will not be very welcome in Amherst but I will follow this team next year and I wish them luck. My feelings on this team as far as the players has always been respectful. I came home tonight and sent a message to a Souhegan player telling him that I thought he played well and good luck the rest of the season. So despite the jabber on here that you here I have always respected the players of the team.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Feb. 4th Game Results - Page 3 Empty What?

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:15 am

A fan of a team said something about a call... I am glad that does not happen in Milford... lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:15 am

I think Maz was this close to getting his second t

South is close , I am not even sure they will make the tourney, they have huge game with Winnie tomorrow a long with Alvire, Keene and Timberlane left but they could have beaten Salem, Merrimack and North with just one break per game.

If the Preston kid can learn to pull up from about 6 feet they might be real dangerous I do not think there is a player in D one that can stay in front of him. But right now he is getting to deep and running into 6-4 kids.

South could have the best back court in the state next year.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:20 am

A fan of the team that got the benefit of the call said something, that is the key

It is not afoul if they had let them play all game long but since there was 30 fouls called and at least ten and ones it is a must call. The reason it was not called a foul because it was good initial defense by Flores but a foul is foul. And it needed to be called

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:23 am

And sense you mentioned King if it was BG player fouled they would have a full color print of the foul on the front page of the Bishop Guertin Telegraph on Saturday and at least two articles about the call.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Feb. 4th Game Results - Page 3 Empty Seriously

Post  nhbasketballguy Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:23 am

I have read the forum for a number of weeks and there seems to be no issue with Chicagokid taking refs, coaches and players to task - if we can not addresss Chicagokid to question his posts than why is there a forum?

nhbasketballguy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Feb. 4th Game Results - Page 3 Empty Complaining about a call

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:25 am

Complaining about a call is not to be tolerated. Right T and F...

I personally think debating calls is part of sports. I do not think I have ever watched a game where the ref's got every call right so talking about a bad call... part of the game in my mind.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:28 am

NHBasketballGuy - Please feel free to PM or email me if you have a problem with a post on the forum. nhbasketball@yahoo.com
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Feb. 4th Game Results - Page 3 Empty For the record..

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 am

For the record, my issue has never been with the players. I would never call out a player. I am a parent and an adult. As far as refs, I think refs are part of the game and adults so which like coaches should be old enough to handle FANS complaining about their work. Once again I feel they are part of the game. If we do not discuss the players,coaches and referees things would get real old here real fast.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:32 am

I am not calling out any official by name or saying they are bad people but if you call 17 fouls in the first half and 15 in the second then you make that call at the end of the game. If it was a certain Manchester Central ref and there were 8 fouls called all game long I dont expect to get that call.

But your always taught adjust to the way the game is being called and this game was called tight, AM had two early fouls he adjusted but at the end of the game the whistle went silent.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next