@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI)

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:56 am

Let the discussions begin. I haven't analyzed the standings - but there must be some playoff seeding implications. Looks like there could be LOTS of movement at the top of the standings, and near the bottom based on tomorrow nights games. Well...except for Timberlane. Tough season for them.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty I never Confirmed this

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Does anyone know that the first tie breaker is head to head? Meaning right now if Salem were to upset BG, Trinity beats Pinkerton and Memorial beats Timby on the road.
You would have Trinity with 68 points,BG and Memorial at 66. The final spot them would be decided on Central and Merrimack results. If Central could escape with the 5 point win over Merrimack they could slide into the 4th spot over Salem. Merrimack winning would tie them with Central at 57 points and again we are looking at the tie breaker and if it is head to head...

So help me out is head to head the first tie breaker?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty Same Questions on the other end.

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Same questions can be asked on the other end where you will most likely have a three way tie for the 16th seed between Keene,Concord and Winni. If Keene can go into South and win, there are three at 18 points and again we are what is the tie breaker? Not sure that is a winning situation anyway, going into Lund Road at the 16th seed is not a walk in the park but as a senior one more game is always something to enjoy.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty Re: Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI)

Post  JAF on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:36 pm

See: http://nhiaa.org/PDFs/834/14ByLawArticleXIISeedingandTieBreaking.pdf

good luck

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty Tie Breaker head to head

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:54 pm

I think I will wait til the brackets are done.. lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty Re: Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI)

Post  GNG on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Relax sports fans.I just got home from work,after I shower I will be back on to tell you how it is going to go down.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty My Thoughts on the Top seeds are easy

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:21 pm

My thoughts on D1 top seedings is easy.
BG wins tomorrow at Salem and locks in #1 seed.
Trinity wins locks up #2
Memorial wins and locks up #3.
Central beats Merrimack and bumps Salem out of four spot and claims two home games and the 4 seed.
Salem #5
Merrimack #6
Londonderry #7
Spaulding will claim last home playoff game at #8

I really do not see any top seeds losing until you get to Londonderry and Spaulding. Pinkerton,Dover and Alvirne all have an outside shot at a road win but I lean more toward all 8 home teams winning in the first round.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Merri at home with merrimack DETERMINED to reclaim some pride after Tuesday...

I wouldn't count them out....They may WANT that game more + at home... I take Merri over Central

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty It Will be A Barn Burner

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:43 pm

I would not doubt that one Tilliver, I see that being a nice game and it almost had me talked out of the trip to Salem but I have yet to see Salem this year and being that I predicted they would be a top 4-5-6 team I feel I have to see that game. This is one of those nights I wish there was two game times. But I agree that the Merrimack and Central will be a great game but I see Wickey having a nice game and slowing down the older Gendron enough to get the win.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Tulliver wrote:Merri at home with merrimack DETERMINED to reclaim some pride after Tuesday...

I wouldn't count them out....They may WANT that game more + at home... I take Merri over Central

I just fell out of my chair...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:54 pm

NHSP Thusday Thoughts - http://www.nhsportspage.com/display_full_story.php?story_id=590

Couple of DII makeups I guess are being played, thought they were all done...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm 60% Trinity wins 40% Pinkie
40% Central wins 60% Merrimack
100% Memorial wins over Timby and I mean that as NO disrespect... I am saying the percentage is MY gut on the game
65% BG wins 35% Salem

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty Here you go.

Post  GNG on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:36 pm

1 BG WIN
2 TRINITY WIN
3 MEMORIAL WIN
4 CENTRAL WIN
5 SALEM LOSS
6 MERRIMACK LOSS
OR
1 BG WIN
2 TRINITY WIN
3 MEMORIAL WIN
4 SALEM LOSS
5MERRIMACKWINS
6 CENTRAL LOSS
OR
1 BG WIN
2 MEMORIAL WIN
3 TRINITY LOSS
4 CENTRAL WIN
5 SALEM LOSS
6 MERRIMACK LOSS
OR
1 BG WIN
2 MEMORIAL WIN
3 TRINITY LOSS
4 SALEM LOSS
5 MERRIMACK WIN
6 CENTRAL LOSS
OR
1 TRINITY WIN
2 BG LOSS
3 MEMORIAL WIN
4 SALEM WIN
5 MERRIMACK/CENTRAL WINNER
6 MERRIMACK/CENTRAL LOSER
OR
1 BG LOSS
2 MEMORIAL WIN
3 SALEM WIN
4 TRINITY LOSS
5 MERRIMACK/CENTRAL WINNER
6 MERRIMACK/ CENTRAL LOSER

I didn't do a scenario with Memorial losing,cuz it isn't happening.

Last edited by GNG on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Must be you have a low stress job GNG...because going through those scenarios after a day at work for me would probably send me over the edge. Nice job and thanks.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:47 pm

I am so far over the edge that I forgot where the edge was. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm

1) Why has GNG gone away from { } ??

2) I'm so glad GNG informed us he took a {shower} before he came back on here. A clean blogger is a good blogger.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:00 pm

remember when I had to take 2 showers to get the stench of the south game off me.SALEM 99 5PM friday,all are welcome.

Last edited by GNG on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:04 pm

I love Tully's % feel on predicting games. It could start a new prediction wave of doing things here on the Forum Very Happy

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty If Londonderry beats Concord

Post  GNG on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:30 am

which they should,Londonderry is the 7th seed and Spaulding falls to the 8th seed.
If Dover beats slumping Exeter they will be the 9 seed,unless Pinkerton upsets Trinity,then Pinkerton would be the 9.
If Dover loses to Exeter and Alvirne beats Winnie,Dover falls to 11

7 LONDONDERRY
8 SPAULDING
9 DOVER
10 PINKERTON
11 ALVIRNE
OR
7 LONDONDERRY
8 SPAULDING
9 PINKERTON
10 DOVER
11 ALVIRNE
OR
7 LONDONDERRY
8 SPAULDING
9 PINKERTON
10 ALVIRNE
11 DOVER

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  D-4hoop411 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:44 pm

d-4 predictions

newmarket in a blowout
moultonborough by a comfortable margin
pittsfield in a tight game
lisbon in a tight game

D-4hoop411
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Friday 3/4 Game Thread - Last Game of the Regular Season (DI) Empty What has happened to Merrimack?!

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Glad that last second I decided not to go to central, Merrimack losing 57-22? Tully, is that score correct??

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:56 pm

South won over Keene and looked like they got some help from North and will move ahead of West

If Exeter losses South could get the 13 Seed

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:57 pm

I wasn't there but yes...

and What happened to Merrimack was EXACTLY what I texted to the person who texted me the score.

Forum minds think alike?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:59 pm

looks like Concord got in with their win over Winny early in the season

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Couple of other scores are in...

Alvirne over Winny - 58-39: Bronco's somehow manage to get to .500 at 9-9. 2 quality wins. They've been a scary March team in the last couple of years and have won 4 of 5. I wouldn't want to play them.

Dover over Exeter 68-58: Green Wave needed this one. They improve to 10-8 and stay in front of Alvirne in the seedings with the win.

Central over Merrimack 57-22: Boy the Tomahawks need a Red Bull.

Memorial keep Timby defeated 71-43: Timby is just happy to start swinging the bats. Memorial continues to play well.

South over Keene 55-44: South earns a likely matchup with Trinity in the first round, a team they only lost 54-40 in the regular season - at Trinity.

Londonderry over Concord 66-44 - Good win for Lon, it's kind of a traffic jam in the middle of the rankings.

North over West 65-57: Is there anyone (other than Timby) that ended the season worse than West? Lost 8 in a row.

Trinity over Pinkerton 53-35: This should solidify the 2 seed for the Pioneers.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum