New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread

+6
goldenbear
JAF
EBlessNHSP
abball
nhhoopguy
chicagokid43
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:11 am

"if it weren't for officials that put Milford on the line a lot in the second half this was a game Milford could have had to sweat out."

Very historic moment for NH Sports Forum. At 11:05 pm on Jan. 25, 2011 ChiKid gave referees a compliment.

Truly historic.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:13 am

Totally agree with you i dont know much about D2 more about D1 but D2 seems to be a little more clear then D1. I may be wrong correct me if i am but there really hasnt been a major upset or a top team going down in D2 this year. All the teams atop of D2 seem to go about their business and beat the teams they are suppose too. Yes they have had some close calls but it seems like the milfords and the pelhams souhegans etc.. all seem to pull it out. Compared to D1 where we dont have a clear dominate team. It seems every week there is a team that falls and a team that is playing good for the week. But then the next week the team at top is playing bad and there is another team playing well. No consistency it seems. UNH should be very interesting this year.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Uhm No I didn't you read it wrong

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:18 am

Uhm No I didn't. I thought we had the usual in NH D2. One good official and a second that was very inconsistent and often behind the play. lol

Very similar last night in where I predicted there would not be an offensive foul called by a certain ref that I have seen at least 7-8 games in the last two years and I have never seen him call a charge... My son averages at least one per game himself... I was right my son got away with two obvious charges and went to the line for two free throws. Knowing your officials can actually work to your advantage.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:24 am

It's OK to admit you loved the officials tonight. It's good to show chinks in the armor.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty How about this...

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:30 am

They did us a favor sending my son to the line which I appreciate. He was not as hot as he has been from the line rimming out 3 foul shots on the night. Coming into tonight he was at 84% so his percentage may have taken a hit tonight.... Milford seems to be like Boston they do not play well in back to back games. With a tough stretch coming up with Oyster River Friday on the road then Stark at home and Souhegan and Bedford. This is a tough 4 game stretch for the defending champs...

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 am

Holding winny to 21 points is not as hard to believe.
They have only two offensive threats in Munson and the freshman Doyle.
Freshman rich ruffin shows he may step up at times, but has not played much.
Salem did a good job on Munson .
The key for Salem in the second half was Lorenzo was able to play, as he sat most of the 1st half in foul trouble.
With Lorenzo and Gallant upfront and Ruffen shooting well from outside, they will be able to matchup with most teams.

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Boxscore shows

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 am

The Box score is out and the free throws were truly the difference. Milford made 21 and HB made 7. The free throws spread was 14 and the final was 15.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:08 am

Made Free throws is what wins alot of games, but kids don't practice it enough!
A made free throw isn't what makes hilight reel and that is why kids don't work on it as much!

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty hate drinkin on a tues nite

Post  GNG Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:11 am

but anytime you are 3-0 against manch vegas, and you beat aSOLID MEMORIAL team it's time to party.fitzy and burke are 2 of the best coaches in the state and migs knows it.This is a big win.BG'S SENIORS STEPPED IT UP.Did anyone know cuips didn't play cuz of a bum ankle{he's pretty good you know}.He should be back by friday.{mccarthy,next week}.When my kid told me he was covering madol, I thought migs was crazy,crazy like a fox I guess.I told him you scored 2 points{big free throws after 6 miisses in a row from the green and gold},but it was his best game of the year.Kid had 8 inches on him.GO BG

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty So true

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:15 am

So true, my son has been shooting the FT very well this year but had a hiccup tonight with 3 misses. He is now 56 for 68 from the line for the season I believe. Always an advantage to have a point guard who can finish games at the line. Missing a couple big ones last year in the playoffs I think has forced him to take them a little more seriously. So far so good.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty no offense to central

Post  GNG Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:27 am

but that is the best manchester team guertin has faced so far.alot more offensive weapons then DOC has to operate with.friday nite should be fun,looking forward to T@F hanging with the big dogs after the game.Should be fun,sherrri cuipa thought you were younger then me.I don't have to tell you what I told her{it was probably similar to what my kid was saying to madol all night}.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty worst free throw shhoting team in the state

Post  GNG Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:29 am

bg,they gotta get this right it has already cost them 1 game.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty INto the post at all?

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 am

Have to ask GNG did Madol at any point take Kyle down low and try to post him up? I mean that would seem to be where he would be able to use his size to if nothing else draw fouls.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty not as early as i thought

Post  GNG Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:36 am

and he had back side help from connor when he did.CHIKID, COULD'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE ABOUT HOLLIS COACH,he doesn't exactly have a full deck to play from ,and he gets the most out of them,and he is a great guy.kyle had 1 foul in the game {i thought he would have 2 in the 1st minute and be a non factor]. Psycho had a boatfull of assists tonite,plus a dozen points.love games like this,win or lose uptempo,lots of action.FUN NITE.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Coach Soucy is a class act and a great coach

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:42 am

Your Right Coach Soucy gets more out of his kids than most coaches in the area. I hope for his sanity the talent level comes around for him as he has had a few tough seasons. I walked over and told him how I appreciate his work again. And your right a super nice guy respected by Milfords players as well.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Madol guarded?

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:59 am

So who matched up with Green and McClung from Memorial? It looks like both McClung and Green went off...

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:35 am

Definitely a good win by BG, but I find it hard to believe no one has mentioned how great Shomari Morgan was last night.

There has been a lot of talk about who Memorial is with Madol... but when Madol fouled out last night... Memorial showed who they are as a team. They may not have come away with a win last night... but I really liked the came back even stronger after losing Madol. And David Madol is the type of competitor who will learn how to adjust with what happened last night. I'm not sure, if I were from BG, that I'd want to draw them again in the post season.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Tully,it would be another great game.

Post  GNG Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:15 am

Remember starter 6 ft 3 cuipa was not playing,as well as big joe mccarthy.Bg was up 12 when madol fouled out.It would not surprise me if kelly or rem cover morgan next time.Morgan is the real deal,and those 2 together are a dynamic duo.Games like last night are what it is all about,both teams left it all on the floor. Don't forget the power forward for memorial who had at least 4 threes,I forget his name but the kid played well.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 am

chikid,I'm not sure who covered who.I will watch video today and get back to you.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:09 am

It was interesting that Memorial made their come back after Madol fouled out. I think Memorial was down by about 12 or so. It was probably a combination of BG feeling they had the game in hand with the double digit lead and no Madol for Memorial and the Crusaders stepping it up without Madol.

The BG faithful were amazed Madol didn't take advantage of the 6 to 8 inches he had on every defender and operate in the paint more.

The forward GNG was talking about who hit the 3's was Nick Wheaton.

You keep talking about Joe McCarthy not playing. So, when the heck will he be playing?

Mrs Cuipa saying I'm younger than GNG? She wasn't even wearing glasses. Fantastic eye sight. She should try to become a referee.

The Trinity at Exeter game was held earlier in the day because of finals at Trinity. By halftime of the BG-Memorial game the result of the Exeter 8 point upset win was buzzing through the BG crowd. I was shocked there was no disappointment from the BG faithful for the Trinity loss. Aren't the Catholic schools supposed to support each other?

God would want it that way wouldn't He/She?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/25 Game Thread - Page 2 Empty EARLY FEB

Post  GNG Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:37 am

migs doesn't want to rush his rehab.Is Trinity sick of Exeter yet?If memory serves me right,wasn't Exeter who knocked the pioneers out of last year's tourny?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:55 am

Yes, it was and the Blue Hawks used the exact same "Beat Trinity" formula last night.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2