New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE

+2
EBlessNHSP
GNG
6 posters

Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE

Post  GNG Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:06 am

Slow down,the season is going way to fast.What has the first 6 games told us so far?That this could be the year that just about any team could win it.TRINITY stands at 6-0,but I have a feeling they are not running the table.They are talented enough,but I have a feeling their youth will betray them before it is all over.
NORTH 4-1, not buying.The only good team they have played is Trinity,and they lost.The combined record of the teams they have beaten is 5-19.
SALEM 5-1, haven't seen them play yet this year.I know chikid likes them.What I do know is that they have won 4 games by a total of 12 points{including Spaulding,and Londonderry}.Knowing how to win the tight games later in the year is always a good thing.Their 1 loss to Memorial was a pretty good beatdown.The most points they have scored is 57.I don't know if it is because they have a deliberate offense.More on them when I see them.
SPAULDING 5-1, the schedule makers have been very kind to the red raiders.All 4 Manchester teams still have to take the ride up to Rochester,These kid's get after it and are fun to watch.I don't know if they are deep enough,but the coaches kid,and a gangly sophmore who reminds me of a skinny Kevin McHale can flat out score.They are beatable{as is everyone in d1},but if they finish in top 4, and get 2 home games you can punch their ticket to UNH.
MEMORIAL 4-1, any team with Madol can win the whole enchilada.They have a big win over Salem,and their Londonderry loss is not as bad as people think.Their next 2 games at Spaulding,then hosting Guertin will tell us alot about this team.
BG 4-2, The highest scoring team in division 1.Their weakness's to date rebounding,and missed free throws.6'4 Green will be back this week,6'5 McCarthy next week.Free throws being worked on daily.Big games with Memorial and Trinity coming up.
CENTRAL 4-2 Any team with Wickey {you get the picture}.Two losses to BG and Trinity.I am not seeing alot of scoring from their guards.Melindez had a good game against bg,but I haven't seen his name alot since then.
DOVER 3-2 not buying, one of the wins over ST thomas,enough said.
MERRIMACK 3-2 I could make a case without the injuries and suspensions that they could be 5-0.Best point guard in d1, young talent.I could see them getting to Durham if the off court nonsense ceases.
LONDONDERRY 3-3.This is a team that I like to watch.No stud talent,just hard working kids who play well together.Will be a tough 2nd round matchup for some team.
WEST 3-3.Great athletes,not so great chemistry.
SELLING,WEST,NORTH,DOVER
BUYING TRINITY,SALEM,SPAULDING,MEMORIAL,CENTRAL,BG,MERRIMACK,AND LONDONDERRY.
One thing nobody is talking about is how important those 5 point road victories will become.I have a feeling there are gonna be 4 or 5 teams with 4 or 5 losses fighting for those top 4 spots.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty Re: ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 am

Good post GNG, hard to argue. I like Dover a little more than you - but their 27 pt performance against Salem last week is troubling. Div 1 is starting to shape up!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty On Saturday..

Post  chicagokid43 Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:45 pm

On Saturday I was with some of the Milford boys down in Springfield watching the HoopHall classic and I mentioned that the boys have only about 16 games (in a perfect world) left to play with each other and I almost teared up. We started talking about how many games some have played with each other and with AAU and Summer league the number is almost mind blowing. Mike O and Mike M have got to be well over 300 games with each other. Win or lose come March I will be very sad to see it end. Owell there is always the alumni games!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty Re: ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 pm

GNG isn't doing much buying. It looks like the weak economy has made it's way to the GNG HS basketball buying world. No wonder unemployment is double digits.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Wow, an "opposite ends of the spectrum matchup" tomorrow night with Milford visiting Windham. I don't think it will be like the the Trinity at Alvrine game from last Friday which was another "OEOTSM."

The only question in this game is will the final margin be closer to 25 or 50?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty Trap game

Post  chicagokid43 Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:14 pm

This could be a trap game with Milford coming off wins against Souhegan,Pelham,Portsmouth and Hanover and Sanborn staring at us on Thursday. Let's hope Milford does not fall asleep on this one and take an L.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Trap game for Milford going to Windham?

My reaction is Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty Do not Forget

Post  chicagokid43 Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Do not forget that Windham won the Holiday tourney in Keene and that BG just lost to South. Stranger things have happened.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty trust me,I haven't forgotten

Post  GNG Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:33 pm

as much as i have tried,i haven't forgotten.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty Sorry hated to use the example

Post  chicagokid43 Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Sorry hated to use the example but need to know anything can happen...

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Great post GNG but depressing that we only have 2/3 of the season left.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:38 pm

I saw a little bit of the Windham v. Oyster River game... Reminded me of the National Lampoon movie Vacation where the dog is tied to the bumper of the car and Clark gets pulled over after a while by a cop who says something to the effect "poor little guy kept up for a mile or two". If Milford loses to Windham it'd be something out of Hoosiers... They start a Freshman, 2 Sophs, and 2 Juniors (remember no Seniors who are all at Salem).

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:06 pm

It is noble of ChiKid to make the trip to Windham seem worthwhile, but alas, it might be all for nothing.

Weather looks like it'll be very nasty tomorrow with 5 to 10 inches coming in with sleet and freezing rain on top of everything. It looks like everything may be cancelled tomorrow evening. Maybe, most of the games will be moved to Wednesday or Thursday. Sometimes, with rescheduling there can be gamesmanship involved between the schools since the visiting team has to agree with the home team's rescheduling proposal. I'm not putting the Milford at Windham game in that mix. A few years ago there was a game somewhere between some teams cancelled because of bad weather. The home team tried twice to schedule the game, but both times it was on days either a day before or after another regularly scheduled game for the visiting team. The visiting team nixed the first 2 rescheduling proposals from the home team and they finally settled on a date which worked out for both teams.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty BG'S FINALS ARE NOW PUSHED BACK A DAY

Post  GNG Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:06 am

Which has them finishing on next tuesday.I wonder if they are going to push the game with memorial to wednesday.I know for a fact that they don't want them playing 2 games during finals,and they are already playing exeter this friday.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:17 am

That is an interesting scenario, but Memorial would have to agree with it also to get the game played on Wednesday. BG just can't say we have to do our game with you on Wednesday of next week and take it or leave it. If Memorial doesn't want to do that then another mutually agreed upon date has to be agreed on. Remember, Memorial is the home team in the BG-Memorial game, so the Crusaders hold the scheduling cards.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:28 am

then maybe tojo rescheules exeter this friday.T@f guertins finals are TOUGH,{I AM NOT SAYING OTHER SCHOOLS AREN'T},I am talking up till 3 in the morning for 5 days studying,and my kid is no dummy.{surprisingly enough}.One parent told me they might move one of the final days to saturday.The only bad part of moving game to wed,is only 1 day to prepare for next foe.The good part is I am sure it would be a game people who go to other games on tuesday might like to see.If I hear anything I will let you know.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:35 am

And this all goes into rescheduling, GNG: Who the opponents are in the previous and next game. How many days off between games and for which games. Sometimes, the gym schedule dictates the rescheduling as there are already events lined up on dates in the gym where a rescheduling needs to be done. Also, don't rule out coaching paranoia. Some coaches want the perfect schedule for their team and when the scheduling apple cart gets tipped the coach wants to lean it back up nice and straight. They want to hit a happy medium between games being played and sufficient time to get ready for each opponent.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Have you seen Friday's weather?

Don't be so sure we'll be having a full schedule of games then either!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty excellant point tully

Post  GNG Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:19 pm

this could turn into a gigantic scheduling cluster for alot of schools.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:20 pm

ESPECIALLY if it moves all school finals back TWO days.
Plus rescheduling

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:15 pm

4 years ago there were a lot of snow storms (probably about 12 to 14) that winter. At least half or more were during the week and created a nightmare of rescheduling, especially the snow storms in the 2nd half of the basketball season because time for rescheduling is condensed. I remember a number of rescheduled games were played on Saturdays and Sundays. It was the last option for a lot of teams and schools to get the games in before the playoffs. Luckily, today's storm and the potential one for Friday (early reports were for a couple of inches, but now it's been updated to a potential moderate storm during the day) are early enough to fit into a relaxed rescheduling. The general rule of thumb is reschedule as soon as you can before another storm happens on another game day. 4 years ago I remember some teams were playing 4 to 5 games the last 10 to 17 days of the season because the snow storms were plenty and spread out over the season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:18 pm

If anyone hears of any games rescheduled to tomorrow, Thursday or this weekend, feel free to post the accurate information for time, place and game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

ONE THIRD OF THE SEASON IS DONE ALREADY,DIVISION 1 UPDATE Empty Milford rescheduled

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Milford is rescheduled to Monday the 24th at the usual start times of 5 for JV and 630 for varsity.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:09 am

The Memorial at Trinity girl's game has been rescheduled to Sunday Jan. 23rd.

JV at 12:00 pm and Varsity at 1:30 pm.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down