New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

It really is a horserace in Division 1 this season.

3 posters

Go down

It really is a horserace in Division 1 this season. Empty It really is a horserace in Division 1 this season.

Post  GNG Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:54 am

I know this might change more then T@F'S poy list every week, but with one week left this is how I would handicap it.

SOUTH 2-1 . Lots and lots of good players is a good way to win a title.
TRINITY 3 -1. I realize they beat South. That was a long time ago. I can't get over the fact they lost to Merrimack.
CENTRAL 4 -1 . The Rodney Dangerfield of one loss teams. They could easily win it. Great value at 4 - 1.
MEMORIAL AND SPAULDING 5-1. If Memorial had Spaulding's heart, or if Spaulding had Memorial's talent then each team would DOMINATE, but they don't.
BG AND MERRIMACK 12 - 1. Quick name the 2nd best player on either team. Ask 5 people you get 5 different answers. It takes more then one superstar to win this thing. Kudos to both coaches though.Nobody expected either team to be where they are.
BEDFORD AND ALVIRNE 15 - 1. Don't look now, but Bedford is gellin just in time to make a run. Alvirne has some interesting pieces to play with.
DOVER AND EXETER 25-1. Could upset a team in first round, but that's it.
WINNIE AND SALEM 30 -1. I am not as high on these teams as other people.

Last 3 that make it. 100 - 1. Thanks for coming.

Like I said it's a horserace. This could all change by next week. This how I see it this week. sunny

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

It really is a horserace in Division 1 this season. Empty Re: It really is a horserace in Division 1 this season.

Post  Tulliver Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:26 am

I heard the stomach flu may have helped Merrimack defeat Trinity....

Not to take anything away from Merrimack.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

It really is a horserace in Division 1 this season. Empty Re: It really is a horserace in Division 1 this season.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:32 am

With all due respect to Cinderella, the Pumpkin Mobile and Prince Charming I don't want to see bracket busters this season. I would be very happy if #1 plays #4 or #5 and #2 plays #3 in Durham. There is no "Floras coming back from injury" 6, 7, or 8 seed team this season. 99% of the time when a bracket busting team wins a game or 2, in their next game they run out of fuel, talent and emotion and wind up losing by 10 to 20 points in a VERY BORING game in Durham. Good point by GNG to ask, "Quick, name the 2nd best player on BG or Merrimack?"

Call me selfish, but if the semis were a combo of:

Trinity v South
Central v Spaulding
Memorial v Trinity
South v Memorial
Trinity v Spaulding
Central v Memorial

I would be a happy camper. After all the lackluster games on a consistent basis this season, which I think all of you would agree with, I just want 3 Marquee games to end the season at Lundholm. You can call me selfish as far as this is concerned, but this is the season that I take a bracket busters resume and put it in my paper shredder.

I don't want to see if any glass slippers will fit any of my HS basketball feet. Wink Wink Wink

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 am

Clearly - we need to cancel the rest of the season and proceed as T&F has directed so he'll be happy. Twisted Evil

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:37 am

If we do this Tulliver, PLEASE don't call me selfish !!!!

I'm now taking the Disney Cinderella movie my kids used to watch when they were younger, selling it on Ebay, so as to take Cinderella out of the 2013 playoff mix Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:38 am

I never mentioned the "S" word -

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:41 am

I'm making a proactive Forum strike so other Forum members after shovelling, plowing and eating their 3 egg omeletes don't come on here and call me:

SELFISH

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 am

Why aren't you shoveling?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 am

I am waiting for my wife to start with the first heave of snow. Because she is smaller she fits better on our walkway to start shovelling a path.

In my mind this is good snow removal strategy. Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:45 am

She's probably waiting for enough snow to bury your body in.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:58 am

Why is it women want to be recognized with equal pay, promotions, mental and life status, but not with snow removal?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down