@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season.

Go down

There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season. Empty There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season.

Post  GNG on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Read Dave's article. Insightful as always. What's the under/over on tech's from Memorial friday? I say 2. Nice picture by the way Very Happy

Got me thinking. I know that's dangerous. Undefeated teams and the record of teams they have played.

SPAULDING 8 WINS- 20 LOSSES.
BG 7 WINS 15 LOSSES.
TRINITY 6 WINS 14 LOSSES.
CENTRAL 7 WINS 18 LOSSES.

Yeah BG has played alot of weak teams{ as have the other undefeated teams}, but they still have at LEAST 7 more on their schedule. Not to many haves this year. Lots and lots of HAVE NOTS. pale

How is it in the other divisions this season?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season. Empty There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season.

Post  The Edge on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:44 pm

If BG is having trouble finding competition in NHIAA why not go and play in NEPSAC with other schools that are not bound by geography.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season. Empty Re: There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season.

Post  GNG on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:33 pm

This isn't a BG thing. It's my opinion that hoops being played in d1 this season is in a word poor.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season. Empty Weak Teams

Post  rwvogeley on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:12 am

GNG
The talent, and I use that word loosely here, in D 1 this year is ---lacking. Over the past years you could see good players who would be a contributor onthe D3 level in college.With players constantly going to prep school the cupboard is bare.
Talking to a college coach at the Chic Fil A, he mentioned that the same is true in Mass.
Look in the stands at he games, do you see the collge coachs that have been there in the past????
With the exception of last nights BG-Memorial game , when was the last time you saw big men posting up and getting the ball????
I agree , teams that will make the playoffs this year, would not have made the playoffs two years ago.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season. Empty RW, your right.

Post  GNG on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:39 am

The preps have taken a big bite out of the talent pool.

How good would Merrimack be with Floras?

Kaleb in Nashua?

The kid from Exeter?

The Bedford kids?

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season. Empty GNG

Post  rwvogeley on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:41 am

GNG
I agree to a certain point. Flras is a D1
Caleb Joseph hs many Di after him. There was also a kid from Northampton Mass who could shoot like you read about. He ended up staying in Western Mass. If he and his 6'4' brother went to South it would be all over,
Barr- Going D2 at Bentley
As far as the Bedford kids-They have size put from when I saw them, they were lost offensively and need to get more aggressive. They wre young let mhold judgement on them til next year.
As far as Memorial beingin the final 4 this year. I think that they will self destruct liek BG did last year.
They should have won last night by 30 but they are so ppoor fundamentally they let teams back in the game. Give BG credit, and you always do-they didn't quit nad played hard and Memorial let th;em back into the game.
It is still early and things will develop over the next month.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season. Empty Re: There is ALOT of weak sisters in division one this season.

Post  BoscoD39 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Timberlane losing Ben Judson to St. John's Prep and Max Kirsch to Phillips Exeter.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum