New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Division 1 Quarterfinals

+17
JustinMcIsaac
middleschoolball
nhbasketball
tarrier
JAF
TooClutch
SeacoastDad
baseball4ever
Tulliver
newtothismom
CasualFan
bball101
Tuesday and Friday
rwvogeley
GNG
TheDeafPanther07
dj5hoop
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals - Page 2 Empty Re: Division 1 Quarterfinals

Post  dj5hoop Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:02 am

Because of the school cancellations I am assuming the games will be played on Saturday although I know better then to assume anything. Does anyone know what the rule is regarding tournament games being played when school is cancelled? I was told the NHIAA can still elect to play the games if the weather and driving conditions improve. If indeed the games are played tomorrow it will be interesting to see what time Central/BG tip off. The Central Hockey team is playing for the state championship at the Verizon at 4:30 (I think).

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:14 am

I doubt the games will be cancelled. The weather will be done by noon leaving plenty of time to get the roads cleared.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:32 am

the most prudent thing to do today would be to check the NHIAA website all day to make sure everything is confirmed. Of course, check The Forum also.

There were people walking into last night's girls semi finals that had no idea the games have been moved up 1 hour.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:57 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:the most prudent thing to do today would be to check the NHIAA website all day to make sure everything is confirmed. Of course, check The Forum also.

There were people walking into last night's girls semi finals that had no idea the games have been moved up 1 hour.

I hope you handout out your NHSportsForum business cards T&F. Considering this is the place to go for info on anything and everything NH sports..
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:14 am

Mr Bless, I need to pick up the business cards first. What printing company do I go to?

The early word I'm receiving is the games will be played this evening. Tournament games ARE NOT subject to cancelled school days. Sometimes, schools even have regular season games on evenings where both schools playing did not have school due to bad weather.

Given the tight schedules for all the tournament games this weekend I would say it's safe to say the boy's D1 Quarterfinals will tip off at 7:00 pm tonight.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:23 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Mr Bless, I need to pick up the business cards first. What printing company do I go to?

I saw somebody asked earlier if we charge to be a forum member. Perhaps we should then I could get some cards made up, nice polos and hats for us all to wear jocolor

To answer his/her question earlier, the forum always has been, and always will be a free place to discuss NH HS sports. But a local establishment wants to advertise here I am open to that.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Bedford at Trinity has been moved to tomorrow at 4- everything else seems to be on as of right now.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:38 pm

The Central-BG game is right now still on for tonight at 7

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals - Page 2 Empty T & F's picks for Tonight

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Dover at South: I think the Panther's scare against Salem will wake them up to be ready to withstand the Green Waves at South Beach tonight.

South 58 Dover 53.

Exeter at Spaulding: I really think Exeter can pull off the upset of Spaulding, but not tonight.

Spaulding 62 Exeter 54

Bedford at Trinity: Now moved to Saturday at 4 pm. The moving of the game time/day is interesting. I wonder if there are underlying factors or if I'm just being Grassy Knoll on this.....

Trinity 68 Bedford 58

BG at Central: There is a reason why Central lost 3 in a row to finish the season. I can't remember the last time a Doc wheeler team lost 3 in a row heading into the playoffs. They are tired and not the same physical Central team as in previous years. It will be tougher for Central to defend Lunn than it will be for BG to defend Pelletier. I have a hunch on this one.

BG upsets Central 56 to 53

Jeff Lunn has 50 points and 50 rebounds. The Lunn Family adopts T & F into their family. Mrs Lunn states, "T & F is a joy to have as my other son!!"

T & F has his last name legally changed to Lunn. T & F and the Lunn's live happily ever after.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals - Page 2 Empty Dover at South

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm

I have gotten word that the game between Dover and Nashua South is ON!

Since Bedford/Trinity is not playing (maybe because Manch is usually terrible when it snows), I'll be going there!

Hope to see some of you there!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals - Page 2 Empty pregame.

Post  GNG Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Puritan.

All our welcome.

I should be there by 4. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 pm

wow I'm happy to see that you have bankers hours.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:30 pm

The streets of Manchester are just fine. Snow is already melting and Central is ready to play the rude host tonight. Personally, I would love to see Troy Poy guard Lunn. He shut down Paradis and Preston and significantly slowed down Sam Thomas in the second half when he switched over to guard him. Let em go head to head Doc. Two POY candidates enter....one POY leaves and heads to Durham. Central is ready and shall prevail 64-57.

I believe I know why the Trinity/Bedford game has been moved to Saturday but I fear for my life if I reveal the answer. Twisted Evil

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals - Page 2 Empty Rt. 125 - All clear

Post  RRBHGAL Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Route 125 North from Exeter to Rochester is all clear for the Blue Hawks to come a-callin'.
Looks like tonights game at the Rochester Community Center is a go ~~~ tip off at 7pm.

RRBHGAL
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:40 pm

So whos' s playing tonight and who's not due to cancelation?

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:49 pm

South beats Dover 61-57 in OT.
BG upsets Central 72-70 in OT.
Spaulding beats Dover 50-45.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals - Page 2 Empty Spaulding vs Exeter

Post  RRBHGAL Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Any idea how many of Exeter's total score Zach Holler had?? I was at the game and he had to have scored at least half their total points.

RRBHGAL
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:32 pm

WOW Im shocked at the BG upset Lunn must of had a huge game vs the undersized Central team and I was also surprised at South goin into ot again but you have to give dover credit for almost pulling off another upset....Cant wait for the Trinity Bedford game to get the final four set

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals - Page 2 Empty Dover @ South

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:44 pm

For those who didn't go to Belanger Gym in Nashua missed a potential Game of the Year!

Game was simply put like this: South gets ahead by double digits...Dover comes back by using everybody. South gets ahead again...Dover would take the lead...it would be tied...South lead, Dover lead and than OT! Back and forth all night! Josh Cote played a great game and hit some clutch shots! Trevor Knight did a fantastic job defending Billy Carroll, even playing with 4 fouls (Jack Preston had 4 fouls also in the 4th!).Carroll wasn't as impressive as in the last game but he was working hard to get open. Jack wasn't his dominating self but got some good buckets and some important Rebounds. David Dunham has another great game. At least 4 3s and got tons of rebounds. I don't have the stats but it was an amazing game by both teams!! I have nothing but the most utmost respect for Dover after how they played!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:46 pm

The last 4 times BG and Central have played BG is 4 wins o losses.

Boykins PROVED tonight who the 2nd best player on Guertin is. Very Happy

I would be very surprised if Lunn gets in foul trouble 2 games in a row.

Spaulding now gets to play BG with Boykins healthy.

I guess we can put to bed the BG hasn't beaten a team above them in the standings theory.

That glass slipper just might fit LUNDERELLA. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Anyone have any stats for these games?

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:57 pm

bokins 22
gavin 15{who told sports forum members about this kid this am. oh yeah ME}
LUNN 12 FOUL TROUBLE.

DON'T HAVE CENTRAL.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:02 am

Thanks and 22 from Boykins is huge they needed a number 2 scorer to emerge and I think thats his season high

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:14 am

Dunham again was the difference he had over 20 points and had huge bucket in a tie game in OT with around 20 seconds left Romps as his team foul Knight on purpose in a tie game. South in the double bonus, but Knight misses the first and the second, but then Dunham grabs the rebound and puts it back in and South goes up by 2.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:16 am

Congratulations to BG for moving on. What a crazy and exciting game. Too much happened tonight to process into words at the moment. Sounds like all the games were great as expected. Lots of tears shed at Simon Gym. These kind of losses hurt deep but I am very proud of the entire team for a great season. The Central boys are all good people and everyone will be back except for Troy Pelletier. Pelletier had a superb season and whether he wins POY or not he is a classy kid who is an outstanding athlete. I will miss watching Troy tremendously next season.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next