New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Division 1 Quarterfinals

+17
JustinMcIsaac
middleschoolball
nhbasketball
tarrier
JAF
TooClutch
SeacoastDad
baseball4ever
Tulliver
newtothismom
CasualFan
bball101
Tuesday and Friday
rwvogeley
GNG
TheDeafPanther07
dj5hoop
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals Empty Division 1 Quarterfinals

Post  dj5hoop Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:02 am

Looking forward to Friday night. I expect all games to be tight. BG and Central didn't meet during the regular season. The formula to get to Durham is simple. Contain Lunn and it's on to Durham for more fun. Regarding the other games, South, Spaulding and Trinity all beat their next opponent by only 3 points during the regular season. I think all 4 top seeds will move on but the games will be hard fought and exciting to watch.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals Empty Re: Division 1 Quarterfinals

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Dj, containing Lunn is not the only answer because remember the stretch Lunn had 2 weeks ago when he was in single digits in points? BG won them all so I think Central needs to play its great team defense it can play! This game could go either way...its where the ball bounces to set a team up! I still choose Central in this one, a close one. *impersonating Lee Corso*

Dover at South: Dover is def looking for Redemption after losing to South as South pulled off a comeback on them. I'm sticking with my Panther boys on this one!

Bedford at Trinity: Trinity...nuff said

Exeter and Spaulding: this is a great matchup. I think it'll be close but Spaulding will take this one!

I don't think I'll be perfect but I can't pin the game that has an upset! Each game has upset potential!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Deafpanther, I saw BG in summer league and knew they would be a lot better then many people expected. I was hoping Central would play them because it's the only team they didn't play all year. Coach Migs is my favorite coach to watch in D1. He is passionate and holds his players accountable no matter who they are. He's one of the best coaches and they will be tough to beat for sure.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:17 am

DJ5hoops - I think it's gonna be alot closer then people think. Don't be surprised if your son has some special defensive attention placed on him. He is very good and Migs knows that. Pelletier is gonna get his. Stopping Dickson and your kid is how I would try to stop Central.

Boykins has to stay on the court. He fouled out early in the game. Three of his fouls were stupid. It seems he gets more aggresive when he has 2 fouls on him. He has to tone it down defensively. BG needs him on the floor to stand a chance. His speed and abilty to slice thru any defense is a game changer.

Toscano played like a senior who wants to advance in the tourny. First time all season I saw kids diving on the floor and in the stands for loose balls.

Lunn. I know he is not on T@F'S top players list No , but Migs wouldn't trade this kid for any other in the state. I have been watching this tourny since 1971 and have not seen many better single player performances then I saw from this kid Tuesday night. Basketball Can he do it 2 games in a row? He is another kid that CAN'T get in foul trouble for Guertin to have a chance.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals Empty GNG

Post  rwvogeley Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:21 am

Again I agree pretty much with your assesment of the BG Central game.
BG needs to weather the first 5 minutes of the game to try an neutralize the home fans,
Boykins plays under control and out of foul trouble
The wing players give Lunn the support he needs-defense rebounding and hitting the open shots.
Lunn stays out of foul trouble and has a nice effort against the Central front line.
Then it gets down to the chess match between the coaches.
This game should be no 'more than a 5 point game either way.

As much as I like BG, I will be over at the South Dover game. If South would just post Preston and Dunham up front AND get them the ball, it would be a tough mach up for Dover; They need to pounce on Dover from the get go.This waiting and going into overtime stuff just should not happen.
Watching these two coaches, assuming Romps stays off the court, is a nice added feature of this game.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals Empty Bedford at Trinity

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:59 pm

I'll be at Bedford vs. Trinity if I can get a ride...my car is in the shop Evil or Very Mad

I expect this game to be a good one all dependent on which of both teams show up. I've seen Bedford play spectacular and I've seen them flop miserably and Trinity has that same track record in the playoffs.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:30 pm

"Lunn. I know he is not on T@F'S top players list"
GNG

I guess if GNG can't do well in the final Standings contest, then has his Bracket get vaporized on the 1st night of playoffs, then he has to turn to a dead horse and try to revive it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, Lunn is on my top players list. I said there are 9 legit 1st team all staters of which I could only put 6 on the first team. You can't put 9 on the first team. It's not the end of the world if some one didn't make my REGULAR season 1st team, although to GNG and others it might seem like the end of their basketball world is near. scratch scratch scratch

That's life and that's reality.

All my dead horses are buried. Wink Wink Wink

PS - I have no dogs or horses alive or dead in any race. I just state my facts and ideas with no team colors on my sleeve. GNG's former affiliation to the HS on Lund Rd has to be taken into consideration when he incessantly trys to revive a dead horse within threads or with new ones.

Just saying Wink Wink Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:39 pm

I have Central winning this game because BG allows the opposing teams best player to go off way too often. They have allowed a opposing player to go for 20+ in 12 of their 19 games and some very huge games, Meservey 26, Boulay 27, Livingston 29 twice, Tong 26, and Carrol 25. You Pelletier will have a 20+ game? I think so

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Wow…. people people people. It seems some are bit too sensitive when the name Lunn is mentioned. I wouldn't consider this kid a dead horse at any time during the season. In my humble "casual" opinion, a very very poor choice of words. (IMHO) As for Dunham, he has always been a great player, plays hard without any fanfare and does what is asked of him, have always been impressed with this kid since he was playing at the biddy level!

As far as the BG vs Central game - lets just hope for a great game.
South and Dover - Dover is playing really well but if Dunham and the Prestons are on, who knows!
Trinity and Bedford - this one intrigues me.... Bedford is playing really well right now.
Gonna be a fun fun Friday night!

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's ok to state an opinion, but don't get personal, whether "Casually" or not.)

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Another off topic post deleted.

Once again this is a Boy's D1 Quarterfinal thread. NOT PLAYER'S RANKINGS OR PRE SEASON PICKS.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Off Topic)

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  newtothismom Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Last edited by newtothismom on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Off topic)

newtothismom
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:17 pm

"In my humble "casual" opinion, a very very poor choice of words." (Plus a personal attack which was edited out).

CasualFan

It was not a reference to a player personally. it was a reference to a situation of a member bringing up the same player over and over without mentioning other players in the running. When a member just brings up the same name time and time again and they are a fan of that team, IMHO, it loses it's weight. Also, when members just state the case for their team or player, but are here today and gone tomorrow, well....... I've been here for a lot longer than most and when I state an opinion I usually have something to back it up in some legitimate way. To be personally attacked just because I state an opinion on a player or team is just wrong in so many ways (IMHO).

We agree to disagree. Don't get personal because I have a differing opinion of your son/daughter, your son's/daughter's team mate or your team's players. Just be an adult (Unless you're under 18, then mature a bit) and agree to disagree and leave the personal attack out of it.

Oh and now this thread is getting off topic. If you want to talk about the quarterfinals, then that would be great. Any other postings will get edited or deleted. Stay on topic please.

Thanks - T & F

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals Empty If you have a question about something on another site

Post  Tulliver Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:30 pm

please email them or contact them.

If you want to debate the topic fine, but keep it to the topic - not the person.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:32 pm

I believe this thread is called D1 Quarterfinals. You're posting is off topic. As Tulliver just stated send a PM to Jeremy or contact him on his NH Notebook site. thanks.

T & F

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Waaaaaayyyy off topic for this thread)

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  baseball4ever Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 am

OK, Quaterfinals,

I like Trinity. Bedford is playing well. 5 players in double figures on Tuesday. I think the home venue will be enough of an edge.

I like Exeter. They lost a close one during the regular season. Their length will be a factor. Can they contain McGregor's jumper? How will the game be officiated?

I think Dover will come up short. I will ro0t for them and Romps but not sure if they can put another road win together. In an earlier post I think I call South a lock.

I will take Central. A game of contrasting styles. This is another one where you wonder; how will the game be officiated? BG will be tough inside with Lunn. Central will be disciplined. Can BG knock down some 3s? Aside from Tuesdays win against Alvirne, BG has not won a big game since they won at Winny Jan 22 or therabouts.

Last edited by baseball4ever on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant spell)

baseball4ever
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:07 am

Trinity v Bedford - have a feeling this game is going to be pushed out beyond the 3pt line, whoever is making their outside shots will win this one. Bedford is playing better and better with each game. Hope its a good game and not a blowout.

South v Dover - this one could go either way. Dover is coming on strong down the stretch. If Dover can contain two of the three South players (T & J Preston and Dunham) they have a chance. If South comes out with something to prove after their OT win with Salem, Dover better watch out.

Central v BG - Someone posted it perfectly earlier, contain two of the three Pelletier, Dickson or Hansen (I think I got the names right) and BG has a chance. If Central can put someone on Lunn and slow down Boykins, who knows what can happen.

Spaulding v Exeter - Key is for Exeter to stop Paradis and MacGregor….. other than that don't know the Exeter players well enough to give much input here.

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals Empty Which Game is Justin Broadcasting?

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:09 am

Justin - Are you doing the D-2 Girls Championship (Lebanon-Portsmouth) or the Spaulding-Exeter game? Inquiring minds want to know!

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am

Hey new to the forum one quick question before i dive in..do they charge you for a account?

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:22 am

TooClutch wrote:Hey new to the forum one quick question before i dive in..do they charge you for a account?

Only if the defender has his/her feet set Laughing Laughing

I'm sure Eliot will take donations if you offer though

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals Empty D1 Qtrs

Post  tarrier Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 am

I'm headed to my hometown of Nashua tomorrow night to see what very well could be the biggest home game for the Purple Panthers in over 10 years. Nate Mazzerole won a Championship as a Nashua player in 1991, now he has a legit chance at winning one as a coach. I'm really excited for this game!

Thank god for twitter so I can "follow" the other 3 games going on at the same time. I think the BG/Central atmosphere will be crazy. Same deal in Rochester. I think Trinity has the biggest advantage playing at home.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbasketball Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:03 am

trinity-bedford.... bedford is playing really good lately and i think they can pull off the upset, i think they match up well.

south-dover... south moves on to unh

bg-central.... central wins, but will be a close game

exeter-spaulding... exeter matches up well with spualding and im rooting for the upset

nhbasketball
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:09 am

Pete, who was the head coach of the last Nashua team to win a state title? The one with the Salis brothers, which was THE Nashua High School?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals Empty I just woke up and there was a horses head in my bed.

Post  GNG Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:29 am

I think T@F put it there. Very Happy

BG - CENTRAL--- According to T@F Central would have 5 or 6 more losses without Pelletier, That is quite a statement. Considering the talent level in Division 1 this season, I feel Central is MUCH more balanced then that. This is a TEAM to be reckoned with. This is THE GAME to be at.

Lots and lots of interesting matchups.

Two teams with 2 STUD seniors. Pelletier and what's his name. These two alone are worth the price of admission.

Dickson and Boykins. I will be watching this one closely. Two kid's that like to get after it. BIG KEYs to the game are these two.

Hansen and Gavin. Everybody knows the sensational slender soph from Central. BG has this kid Gavin. Reminds me of Green. He is not shy about shooting either.

x factors- Plentsas, Makris. Toscano, Williams, Zimmerman, or Noon. Any one of these kids could have a say in who wins or who loses.

I am going to this game. I think it's going to be a lunderful I mean wonderful game to be at. Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:04 am

tarrier wrote:I'm headed to my hometown of Nashua tomorrow night to see what very well could be the biggest home game for the Purple Panthers in over 10 years. Nate Mazzerole won a Championship as a Nashua player in 1991, now he has a legit chance at winning one as a coach. I'm really excited for this game!.

If I remember right Pete, Nate was coaching the Nashua Panthers in their championship win in 2002 against BG 75-55.

Last edited by middleschoolball on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put wrong year)

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Division 1 Quarterfinals Empty I would imagine with all schools closed that all games are cancelled.

Post  GNG Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:51 am

IF {notice the caps} the NHIAA were smart geek they would stagger the starts of the makeup games so hoop fans could make it to more then 1 game.

I would love to see that Trinity - Bedford game, but even I can be in one place at one time. No

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next