New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D1 Boy's QUARTERFINALS

+14
Granitehoops40
nhhssports
Bert54the1
EBlessNHSP
SeacoastDad
tarrier
NHSports11
nhbasketball
siegegun
nhhoopsguy
Tuesday and Friday
goldenbear
JustinMcIsaac
GNG
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

D1 Boy's QUARTERFINALS Empty D1 Boy's QUARTERFINALS

Post  GNG Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:48 pm

ALVIRNE AT TRINITY

MEMORIAL AT CENTRAL

DOVER AT MERRIMACK

SPAULDING AT NORTH

The winners go to Durham.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : GNG must simply take lessons from Marc Thaler when giving titles to his thread postings :))

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's QUARTERFINALS Empty Re: D1 Boy's QUARTERFINALS

Post  JustinMcIsaac Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:26 pm

GNG wrote: ALVIRNE AT TRINITY

MEMORIAL AT CENTRAL

DOVER AT MERRIMACK

SPAULDING AT NORTH

The winners go to Durham.

Dover Spaulding still in play for UNH.....

/ANYTHING IS POSSIBLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:09 am

I will be at North Spaulding game that should be great game

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:26 am

There will be a definite Queen City flavor to Friday night. 3 of the 4 QC teams will be playing in the QC on Friday. I'm torn between going to the Alvirne at Trinity game or the Memorial at Central game. They are both pick em games in my mind.

Alvirne matches up very well with Trinity. I was at the regular season game between these 2 teams and there wasn't much of a difference between them. It will be a war at McHugh Gym.

Central hosting Memorial just drips with a dramatic faucet. Not too much to choose from between these 2 teams. Memorial did a great job overcoming the Kante injury against Pinkerton. Doc vs Fitz again this season. It doesn't get any better than that.

Not much separation between North and Spaulding. You have an athletic team vs a solid fundamental team. What a contrast in styles. What a matchup.

I don't know what to think of Dover at Merrimack. One would think an easy road for Merrimack, but isn't that what the Salem fans thought tonight?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:38 am

I feel that Dover had it's game of the year tonight, and Merrimac will cruise on Friday!
and yes, the Central/Memorial game will be insane battle, all for the rights to the playgrounds around Manchester!

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  siegegun Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:52 am

Central over memorial by 8
Trinity over alvirne by 3
Spaulding over north by 1
Dover over Merrimack 2

siegegun
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 am

Wow, we already have a pick for a Green Wave shocker over Merrimack.

Let the madness begin.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:49 am

Merrimack 100 Dover 30 .

North 74 Spaulding 65.

Trinity 56 Alvirne 48.

Central 44 Memorial 38.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbasketball Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:38 am

trinity-alvrine... trinity has too much depth in there roster, trinity rolls
dover-merrimack... flores steps up, merrimack headed to unh
north-spaulding... gonna be a good game, north prevails
central-memorial... central looked real strong last night, they get the W

nhbasketball
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:56 pm

I just went on the NHIAA web site to see what basketball playoff games are scheduled for tonight and it said this:

Results for Thursday, March 8, 2012

There are no games scheduled for this date.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NHSports11 Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Alvirne at Trinity. Sean Dunn and Tyler Livingston will have to play the way they did to start the season if they want a chance at beating Trinity. Defensive pressure throughout the game has seemed to be the only way to slow down the high powered Pioneer offense. The key to the game for the Pioneers will be the bench play of Jake Hamel. He is a kid who can come in, knock down a couple three's and be the big momentum changer. Trinity should win this game as long as they play the way they are capable of doing.
Alvirne 57 - Trinity 63

Dover at Merrimack. We all know the story by now. Dover erasing a 16 point deficit against number two Salem. The fifteen seed cinderella story will take on the daunting task of stopping Dimitri Floras and the Gendron brothers. Can it be done? Sure. Will it? I see the glass slipper falling off the foot of Dover.
Dover 54 - Merrimack 66

Memorial at Central. I know many people are saying this is going to be a great game, but I don't see it. I've seen Memorial play multpile times this year. Most inconsistent team still in the tournament. The game against Pinkerton the other night was a prime example of how bad their offense is. They live and die by the three point shot and zone defense. It stiffled the Astros, who rely on points down on the block. Memorial beat Central at SNHU last time they met, where Central played probably their worst offensive game of the season. The only team coming off a +10 point win, I see Central coming out strong and really proving that the weekend loss to the Crusaders was a fluke.
Memorial 41 - Central 59

Spaulding at Nashua North. GAME OF THE NIGHT. I got to witness Luke Robert's buzzer beating three to knock off West in the prelims. I heard Londonderry played as well as they possibly could against the Titans. Both of these teams are coming in knowing they both almost got upset. They got the chance to taste the bitter aspect of their season ending. They don't want that again. This game should come down to the fewest turnovers, the ability to rebound, and who has the final possession. Both of these teams are very athletic, have great mid-range shooters and play good defense. The key to the game is not Ryan Gauthier of Nashua or Dominic Paridis of Spaulding, but it comes down to Luke Roberts who only managed that buzzer beater as his only three points, and Javon Williams. It will be the role players who win the game for their respective team. Everyone knows Gauthier and Paridis will put up 20 a piece, but who can step up when they are called on? I give the SLIGHT edge to Nashua in this one.
Spaulding 61 - Nashua North 64

NHSports11
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 am

Here's my picks, such as they are...

Alvrine at Trinity

I haven't seen Alvrine this year, so I'll go with Trinity 62-52

Dover vs Merrimack

Dover might be a TEAM OF DESTINY!!! And I'm a Seacoast homer. Dover 74 Merrimack 73

Memorial vs Central

Haven't seen either of these teams play, but a few years back I did the Turkey Bowl in Manchester with Tarrier, and Central played in that game, so I'll pick Central purely based on that, let's say 68-61

North vs Spaulding

Clearly, being a SHS grad and a Seacoast Homer, I'm taking Spaulding, though I think this game is probably a coin flip. I'll say SHS 49-47

We've got North vs Spaulding on WTSN starting at 6:50, online at wtsnam1270.com !

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Justin, some might say the reasoning you use for some of your picks in the Quarterfinal games is out of whack. I say because you are who you are.... And from the town of Rochester, I think you have solid reasoning behind some of your picks.

Dover at Merrimack: I still can't believe Salem squandered a 16 point lead at home to Dover. Dover is a year away from being very good. Leblanc could go off for 20 to 25 tonight. Slepian only scored 14 in the prelim game. While I certainly see Dover holding down one of the big 3 for Merry, 2 Gendrons and Floras, I don't think all 3 can be held down defensively by Dover tonight. I think Merrimack gets a close, but solid win in this one, maybe by about 7 to 10 points. After seeing GNG's prediction of Merry 100 Dover 30, win or lose, wouldn't you love to see Coach Romps have GNG partaking in one of Coach Romps' 2 hour practices Very Happy

Spaulding at North: If I could pick one game to go to it would be this one. This is such an interesting contrast in team style of play that it makes for interesting basketball theater tonight. Spaulding does play better at home than they do on the road, but they do have 3 solid road wins against BG, West and Central. I don't think the Red Raiders will fear going into the Titan Gym tonight. North gutted out a tough victory over the beloved Lancers last Tuesday. It was definitely key for the Titans to get over the hump with that victory. North's weakness is still giving up paint points which they did in bunches to Central and Trinity's front line during the regular season. How Paradis exploits this Titan weakness may hold the key to this game. The North guards can keep the Spaulding guards under check defensively. How Mellin and O'Connor deal with Paradis will be very important to the Titan's fortunes this evening. This will be a close game from the tap to the buzzer. I think Spaulding prevails by a point.

Memorial at Central: These 2 teams know each other better than some blood brothers know each other. The Central players know what the Memorial players had for dinner tonight and the night before. The Memorial players know what toothpaste the Central players use when they brush their ivories. Each team knows the others strengths and weaknesses. Then you have the coaches. They are both like basketball dentists trying to find and drill into their opponents decaying cavities. Not only do they drill, but they don't use pain killer. This game will be very tight. It will be a rock fight. It will be similar to the Memorial victory over Pinkerton: a low scoring tight affair. Unlike the Memorial - Pinkerton game I think the result will be different. Memorial is young and a year away. Central has the senior leadership of LaCount, Brown and Artiga. I think this will pull them through this tight game. 2 things stand out when thinking about this game:
1) When Central lost on Sam Carey Day at SNHU they sat at half time during the ceremony while Memorial went into a locker room. Central came out cold and stale in the 3rd and went down by a bit to Memorial and never recovered. Central will have a better half time tonight.
2) Even though Memorial pulled the upset over Pinkerton they had a ton or turnovers. Pinkerton did not capitalize on them because their only inside threat was Patrikis. If Memorial turns the ball over tonight like they did against Pinkerton the Central front liners: Artiga, Brown, Joseph and Pelletier will take advantage of the extra possessions and get extra points which will give them the victory. I'm thinking Central by 4 to 6 points.

Alvirne at Trinity: Alvirne matches up as good with Trinity as any other team in D1. They have size with Tomaswick and Livingston. They have the toughness with Beaulieu and Dunn. They have a couple of role players who can come up big when needed. When they played in the regular season game there wasn't much to choose from between these 2 teams. Don't let the Trinity 10 point winning margin fool you. Trinity was pushed to the limit by the Broncos and they knew it. I assure you when Trinity found out they would host Alvirne tonight they had to strap up the mental and physical boots all the tighter. This will be a low scoring knock em out drag em out war at Trinity tonight. I would be very surprised if both teams score over 50. A couple of days ago I had it in my head Alvirne would win this game. Another thing I had in my head a couple of days ago is that Mabor Gabriel, "isn't who we all thought he was going to be this season." You keep waiting for Gabriel to break out and be the 18 point, 14 rebound 5 blocked shots guy and it hasn't happened yet. Will the Gabriel switch turn on tonight? There is nothing like the will of a senior basketball player when faced with the feeling that if they lose tonight then their HS career is over. They draw upon every last ounce of physical and mental energy to win tonight so they can play the next game. Alvirne has 3 seniors in Beaulieu, Dunn and Tomaswick who will be faced with this tonight. Even though my Trinity friends will probably never allow me back into the McHugh Gym ever again I am going with the final score of Alvirne 51 Trinity 49.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's QUARTERFINALS Empty Tarrier calls Dover upset over Salem on NH Notebook preview show

Post  tarrier Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Not sure if anybody picked up on this or not, but I all but picked #15 Dover to pull the upset at #2 Salem on Tuesday night during a discussion with Jeremy on the NH Notebook D1 Tourney preview show that we did last Sunday night at JW Hill's. Jeremy asked me if there were any possible "upsets" in the D1 prelims. I mentioned BG over Merrimack as a possibilty, but then I randomly threw out the Green Wave as a potential giant killer. If you don't believe me, or you want to hear it for yourself click the link below and fast forward to the 22:27 mark for my brief moment of brialliance...you have to stay with it for a little over a minute before we get to the Dover part, but it's right there on video!

http://www.nhnotebook.com/2012/03/division-i-boys-basketball-tournament.html

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:47 pm

"fast forward to the 22:27 mark for my brief moment of brialliance..."
Tarrier

Now, Mr Tarrier: Do you have any other "brief moments of brilliance" that you want to impart to fellow Forum members for the 4 quarterfinal games tonight? Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:35 pm

I can't believe Tulliver hasn't come out with a % pick for the Central - Memorial game.

Time to make a call Tully. You going with your heart or your mind?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Here is Tulliver's prediction for tonight's Memorial at Central game:

Memorial 51 Central 49

Tulliver will ride the Crusader on the horse until it stumbles.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Tonight's predictions:

Trinity big over Alvirne -- Trinity allows 44 points per game; Alvirne is 3-6 on the road.

Merrimack over Dover -- The Green Wave's cinderella run is over.

Memorial upsets Central -- Divine intervention by the late (great) Mike Flanagan puts the Crusaders on top.

Spaulding over North --This one is a real tossup. Both teams are 6-2 in games that have been decided by 5 points or fewer; Spaulding is 5-1 in games decided by 1 or 2 points. Gotta go with the cardiac kids from Rochester.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Per Justin and WTSN: Spaulding-North game has been postponed. Spaulding bus involved in an accident. No one seriously hurt.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Good to hear nobody was hurt. Just means one more day of hoops for us basketball junkies!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Went to the game , supposedly is was a tractor trailer, but no serious injuries I did here 4 kids went to the hospital from a North player

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Dover is hanging tough against Merrimack tied at 22.

Alvirne down 13 at the half to Trinity, 33-22.

I've got nothing on Memorial/Central yet
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Merry up 34-31 at the half after a buzzer beating 2 pointer.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Halftime Memorial 26 Central 18.
Akot 6 points Majak 5 Torres 5
Junior Brown with 8 to lead Central

Memorial looks faster and quicker than Central

Tuesday and Friday