New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Officiating in March 1 Games/Flow of the Game

+6
EBlessNHSP
Tuesday and Friday
chicagokid43
goldenbear
basketballtime
JAF
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Officiating in March 1 Games/Flow of the Game - Page 2 Empty So maybe thats who i like

Post  basketballtime Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:19 am

I did mentioned there are good officials out there in my last post, so maybe i'm seeing the ones who do college games makes sense to me. Thanks for pointing that out Goldenbear that is funny. Laughing

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Officiating in March 1 Games/Flow of the Game - Page 2 Empty Re: Officiating in March 1 Games/Flow of the Game

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:36 am

At least our NH officials haven't let this go by. http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Controversial-end-of-state-quarterfinal-sees-tea?urn=highschool-328560

Back to top Go down

Officiating in March 1 Games/Flow of the Game - Page 2 Empty Re: Officiating in March 1 Games/Flow of the Game

Post  GNG Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:03 am

NH Sports Page has an article in it where it sounds like their are some unhappy coaches with the current ref situation.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Officiating in March 1 Games/Flow of the Game - Page 2 Empty Nicely worded

Post  basketballtime Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:30 am

I think that was nicely worded and you know there's got to be more to the story. I have an idea why not have all the coaches vote their top officials in and go with them during the playoffs?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:39 am

Basketballtime - that's already done... As I understand it, every coach receives a ballot during the season to select his/her 10 choices for playoff referees. Of course, it's still their favorite refs or sometimes the ones they know or recognize that get the votes. The funny part about this is - if you're a coach that likes rough physical play for your team, then you're likely to vote for referees that allow the boys to play that way; however, if you're a coach of a finesse, run, gun team, then you don't want that style. So if the top team is the latter and the other 18-22 teams are the former, guess which style gets more votes. It's not the final arbiter of who gets chosen to officiate, but it is part of the process. If you don't see the humor in a popularity contest for a high school event, then perhaps you've forgotten more about HS than you remember...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  D-4hoop411 Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:00 pm

would anybody find it odd that one high school has had the same two refs for their last 3 home playoff games over 2 years -- in the second round last year they were 2 of the 3 refs but for the last two first round games it has been the same two -- i thought playoff officials were suppose to be randomly selected during the playoffs?

D-4hoop411
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2