New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

This one is also for hoop fans

2 posters

Go down

This one is also for hoop fans Empty This one is also for hoop fans

Post  Big Guy Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:32 am

Joe Mccarthy is a junior on the bg hoops team.He is 6ft 4 and growing,solid frame,can shoot and rebound,and will see alot of minutes on the BG hoops team.I always thought he would be a kid with a shot at playing hoops somewhere on the next level,I may be wrong.Last night he made his debut at wide receiver at Guertin.All I can say is "WOW".He has been playing football for 3 weeks {tojo grabbed him out of the hallways and told him he should be playing football}.I don't see how any cornerback,or safety in division 2 or 1 for that matter can cover him.The kid has size ,speed,and hands.He had a few catches,but 1 of them was spectacular.Fahey {next year's great qb } threw a bomb about 40-45 yards in the air,Joe was being well covered and just shifted into another gear and gave a full out dive,touchdown.It was one of those plays where you think did I just see what I saw,and then the place erupted.I wonder how many football coaches can go thru the hallways and tell a kid he should come out for the team and that kid turns out to be not good ,but great.I realize it was only 1 game,but if there is one thing I know it is raw talent and this kid has it.Football might be in his future instead of hoops.With speedster Fucci on the other side, I believe Steve Cuipa might be slinging the ball all over the field in the upcoming weeks.KELLY UPDATE- operation on tuesday,don't rule him out for hoops quite yet is the word on the street.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

This one is also for hoop fans Empty Re: This one is also for hoop fans

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:51 am

McCarthy was definitely one of the best JV basketball players I saw last year, Big Guy. He impressed me with his velvety touch from the outside for a 6'4-ish player. I thought he could've been playing varsity for a lot of Class L clubs last year, but with that log jam of talent at BG's varsity, he was relegated to JV minutes. It'll be interesting to see how he works his way into that vastly populated lineup that Coach Migs will have this season. It is interesting to see how someone plucked by a football coach in the hallways can come in and make a WOWSA play right off the start.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down