New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

1st night of Girl's hoop

2 posters

Go down

1st night of Girl's hoop Empty 1st night of Girl's hoop

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:59 pm

Keene beat Memorial by about 5. Both teams had a rough first half with points coming like loans from a bank. Both teams had rough starts. Keene shot the ball well from 3 point territory in the 2nd half which was the difference in the game. Memorial struggled to find offense beyond Gendron and Ehlozovic. The Crusaders will have to rectify this problem if they want to be successful this season. The center for Keene #12 was the best player on the floor showing nice post moves and the ability to knock down the FTs when fouled. Keene will certainly be better than their 6 win team of last year. Memorial has some work to do to continue on the Class L road. There were about 15 to 18 travel violations called in the first half of this game. There were exasperated look from players and "what the heck is going on" by fans, but every one of the violations were correct by the officials. Both teams seemed to adapt in the 2nd half as probably around 8 to 10 travels were called. It's very simple. Teams and players who adapt earlier to the travel violation will have less turnovers. Players who flap their arms when referees make the travel call and continue to do it will turn the ball over again and again. Get used to it. The travel violation is being focused on by all officials.

I see Winny had a ho hum 31 point victory over Alvrine. Pinkerton and Londonderry had solid 17+ victories to show they'll be in the upper tier this season. How about Fall Mountain laying the lumber to Masenic 90 - 10 in a Class M game? Wow! I don't know what would've been more painful, watching or refereeing this game?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

1st night of Girl's hoop Empty Re: 1st night of Girl's hoop

Post  Tulliver Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:04 am

Central girls had a decisive victory over Salem.

It was definitely the first game of their season and it was apparent that some of the "kinks" for the LG are still being worked out.

But the Little Green has two very strong leaders in Bakolas and Walker. The team played very well together and had more depth than I expected.

Central girls should have a VERY good season although it'll be interesting to see them in a match up that is more of a challenge. (No disrespect to Salem but last night Central was dominant)....

Man I hope the poly fumes from that floor air out soon...

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:57 am

Central should have Greek food nights at the Simon gym for the next few weeks to get the poly fumes out of there Tully. I'm sure the Bakolas Family could get this going. A few pans of pastichio, BBQ lamb and baklava would kick out the poly fumes. Oh and I forgot, throw in some kourimboudis(the cookies with powdered sugar plastered on top). They don't give off a big smell, but they are damn good!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down