New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early..

+10
Hoopfan4
rwvogeley
Tulliver
tarrier
JAF
Jeremy Leveille
SeacoastDad
HaleyNHsports
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early.. Empty Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early..

Post  GNG Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:20 am

Watch tonight. My prediction is that BG starts a lengthy winning streak tonight. BG 68 Pinkerton 55.

Central rips Salem 70-52. Not sold on Salem at all.

North goes to Rochester and comes home with a w. This is the game of the night. Possible top 4 seeding at stake.

I know North hasn't beaten anyone yet, but they have some scary good athletes on that team. SCARY GOOD. affraid They are rising on my radar as a team nobody will want to face come tourny time.

The rest of the d1 schedule looks like this tonight.. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early.. Empty Re: Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early..

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 am

You may not be sold on Salem, but I'm still not sold on Spaulding. I know they are a hot team right now. They seem to be moving up in the power rankings of some of my esteemed colleagues......But, maybe it's just me or maybe it's because D1 is down this year from top to bottom. A top 4 team this year would've been a #5 to #8 team the last few years. A #5 to #8 team this year would've been a #9 to #12 team the past few years.

I know some will bring out THAT word.............Parity.

There is good parity and then there is parity due to all else dropping. This year in D1 I will go with the latter instead of the former.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early.. Empty Re: Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early..

Post  GNG Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:55 am

I agree with you on Spaulding. I also feel that way about Pinkerton.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 am

I have an indifferent feeling on a lot of D1 teams this year. I have seen a lot of D1 teams in person and the word impressed would not even be in the top 10 words to describe a lot of the teams.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:00 am

I like Spaulding in that one........

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:10 am

And in the lower divisions: There is guaranteed to be at least one fewer undefeated team remaining in the state, as Bow (13-0) and Campbell (12-0) square off in Girls D-3 action.

Looks like a couple of good games tonight in D-2 boys. Hanover puts their perfect record (9-0) on the line, hosting Pembroke (8-1), whose only defeat was a one point loss on opening night to Portsmouth. Bedford-Goffstown should also be a good game.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:08 pm

I'll be covering the battle of unbeatens between Campbell girls and Bow. Should be a great game. Anyone know if any schools are cancelling games tonight because of the snow?

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:22 pm

What snow, Jeremy? It's 40 degrees and black pavement in my slice of New Hampshire Heaven.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:43 pm

I saw buses heading into Campbell this morning... Thankfully Litchfield didn't cancel school for the 1 mm dusting we got nor did they send the plows out - saving me some tax dollars Laughing

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 pm

I was in Concord today and the plow trucks up there were plowing some nice black bare roads. I hope the taxpayers of Concord don't know that.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:05 pm

Well I guess we're living in 2 different slices of the state because it was snowing all morning here in the beautiful town of Portsmouth.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Jeremy, snowing and accumulating are 2 different things. I know you spend most of your time in 70 degree basketball courts.

Don't let a snow flake or two get you in a scheduling tizzy Very Happy affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early.. Empty Central @ Salem game is @ 6pm tonight

Post  tarrier Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:03 pm

Thought you guys should know. Since I don't "tweet", I will text T&F updates from the game so he can post them here.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Thanks Mr Tarrier.

This is what I love about the NH Sports Forum.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:16 pm

FYI - GNG and T & F have a gentleman's bet on the Central at Salem game.

GNG says Central will win by double figures. T & F says Central will win by single digits.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:20 pm

I hope Marc Thaler isn't going to the Central - Salem game at 6:00 pm tonight. If he doesn't check out the time change of the game on the Forum he'll miss the first 3 quarters of the game Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:22 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:FYI - GNG and T & F have a gentleman's bet on the Central at Salem game.

GNG says Central will win by double figures. T & F says Central will win by single digits.

I'm on Team GNG for this one - I think Central will be strong tonight.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early.. Empty Tonights Games

Post  rwvogeley Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Hey GNG--I know that your blood isn't red but rather green and gold, but come on are you serious??? I think that they can win tonight--but a long win streak???? Too many consistent teams left on their schedule..I hope I am wrong.

D1 is really down to last year and after Merrimack and Trinity( fairly consistent all year), it all depends on who gets hot at the end of the year. Spaulding has some nice wins but horrible losses.

Just a crazy thought- HOw can I watch a video on Souhegans undefeated season this year, when I was at the game against a poorly playing North at the time, at the Chic-Fil_A tournament. A loss is a loss no matter when or where, or so I thought.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:02 pm

Souhegan's not undefeated, lost to Portsmouth a game or two ago, and assuming you're talking about Joe M. videos I'm pretty sure he's doing a season long documentary on the team, wasn't doing it because they were undefeated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:05 pm

Also seems that the Philbrick situation was worked out thankfully and he should be playing tonight, again assuming it's not all the sudden morally wrong. Big game for them tonight at Stark have a pretty tough stretch of games coming up so a win tonight would be a step in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:05 pm

Upset in the making. Salem up by 10 mid way through the 3rd on Central

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:11 pm

Pinky 27 BG 25 2 mins left 1st half

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:22 pm

pinkerton up by 2 at the half over BG

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Salem 62 central 54 with 1 and a half minutes left in the game

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:30 pm

Up is down and down is up, and so continues d1 hoops in 2012.

Never thought Salem had a chance. What do I know. Not much I guess.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next