New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early..

+10
Hoopfan4
rwvogeley
Tulliver
tarrier
JAF
Jeremy Leveille
SeacoastDad
HaleyNHsports
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early..

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Salem wins 66 to 61 over central

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Jan. 31st games and.....Dave, you were one game to early..

Post  Hoopfan4 Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 pm

If anybody is selling their central stock I might be interested but only if I can get in very low...too many risky investments out there right now...

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:03 pm

Londonderry 16 Merrimack 12 at the half. Low scoring affair.

Bedford over Goffstown Girls 61-14. Tough game to watch for Joe M I'm guessing.

Dover girls over Memorial 59-52 per John Doyle.

Campbell up 36-25 in girls action after 3 per Mark Quirk of the UL.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Hoopfan4 wrote:If anybody is selling their central stock I might be interested but only if I can get in very low...too many risky investments out there right now...

DI (and even DII) is what traders call a "volatile market".
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 pm

The Cardinals of Bishop Guertin won in a rout 68-67. Very Happy

That's one in a row.

Remember I said LENGTHY win streak coming up.

Any word out of Rochester?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:41 pm

Stark over Milford 83-79. Stark went to the line 36 times to Milfords 9. Far too many TO's for Milford. Milford was solid from behind the arc hitting 10 3's just wasn't enough. Didn't get Starks scoring numbers but for Milford the leaders were: Moore 16, Lakin 12, Barlow 12, Philbrick 10.

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Nice to see Philbrick back.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Central lost? I did not see that coming actually - I thought the pieces had come together and they'd be on a steady course.
Now - I'm perplexed - but intrigued.

I think the other interesting night is the Londonderry performance against Merrimack!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Londonderry 41 merrimack 40 . and so it goes

I think this year when I have to pick who is going to Durham. I will pick out of a hat. Never in my 51 years have I seen it where anything is possible. ANYTHING.

Last edited by GNG on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Hanover proves it belongs on top of the Div. II Standings - beat Pembroke 66-49 in Hanover. In my honest opinion, Tim Winslow does a great job with the Hanover boys program.

Saw the Bow-Campbell boys game. Good back and forth game until the 4th quarter when Campbell pulled it out to win by 12 or 13. The Bow gym was basically empty, more Campbell fans than Bow fans I imagine because of the fans going to Litchfield to watch the battle of the unbeatens. Another great coach I respect - Patrick Roye of Campbell. Always calm, and respectful to all players, officials and everyone at the game.

Newmarket at Pittsfield was postponed until Wed. 2/1. That should be a thriller after seeing Pittsfield almost knock off unbeaten Moultonborough.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:04 pm

GNG wrote:Nice to see Philbrick back.

Sure is. Still some things that need to be fixed with that whole situation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Keeps it interesting though, GNG, keeps it all interesting.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:11 pm

North over Spaulding

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:23 pm

ok I was 2 out of 3 with my picks.
Big win for North. That is no easy place to go.
Gonna be a log jam of teams with 5 and 6 losses before this thing is done.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:27 pm

Merrimack won now according to the nhiaa website.

Someone made a boo boo entering it in.

Last edited by GNG on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:28 pm

North lost the Salem game with out Farmer and Guathier

they are a talented team if they can keep everyone together they will be dangerous

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:36 am

"Central rips Salem 70-52. Not sold on Salem at all."
GNG

"I'm on Team GNG for this one - I think Central will be strong tonight.."
Tulliver

Looks like "Team GNG" suffered a devasting blow with their "strong ripping" pick of Central over Salem. At least I had Central only winning in single digits so I'll take the minimal credit for coming closest with my pick. Team GNG will have to go back to the drawing board for their Friday picks.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:48 am

North definitely gets a good victory at Spaulding. I must say though I wasn't sold on Spaulding any way. In looking at a lot of these results from tonight I can honestly say I'm not sold on about 80% of the teams in D1. GNG is right. There will be quite a log jam of teams in that 5 to 6 loss area. There will also be a log jam of teams in that 7 to 9 loss area too. It will be tie breaker city after the last day of play in D1 boys.

I'm very surprised by Memorial girls losing to Dover. There is now officially a dog fight that will ensue for the coveted 3rd and 4th spots in D1 Girls between Londonderry, North, Memorial, Pinkerton and Dover.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:28 am

Interesting notes from the box scores of last night's games:

Merrimack 41 Londonderry 40: Merrimack only scored 2 FTs in the first quarter and were only down 7 - 2. The Gendron brothers combined for 34 of the 41 Merrimack points. Tyler had 21 and Eric had 13.

Memorial 69 Dover 47: Memorial had a quick start in opening up a 17 - 4 lead after the first quarter. Tong Akot had 18 to lead the Crusaders. I'm sure this tid bit will put a shot of expresso in Tully's first cup of coffee. It is funny to look at the Memorial team box score. It is the biggest in the state and contains the most letters.

West 69 Keene 56: West had nice balanced scoring with Jacques 22, Martin 15, Bureau 12, Ilic 8.

BG 68 Pinky 67: Nip and tuck affair the whole game. BG had balanced scoring with Kesty 16, Lunn 12, McCarthy 12 and Holler with 11. Chris Light had 31 for the Astros.

Girls :

Londonderry 55 Merry 28: Other than Eliza Simpson being the leader scorer in the game with 21 points the other interesting note is a "Saltalamacchia" like tid bit in the Lady Lancer box score. Emily Georgakopoulos scored 2 points for Londonderry. Salty has the longest name in MLB history. With Emily having the same number of letters in her last name as Salty, with 14, could this mean that Miss Georgakopoulos could have the longest name in NH high school basketball history? Feel free to submit any longer names you know of to the Forum.

Dover 56 Memorial 52: Big result for the battle to secure 2 home games in the playoffs. Mahan and Wotton each had 12 to lead the Green Wave. Elezovic scored 23 to lead Memorial and Kabari chipped in with 17.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:34 am

I admit that I think Tong Akot is a very much underrated player.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:48 am

For those of you in Forum Land wondering...... While 6'4 Memorial junior Tong Akot was recovering from a foot injury, Tulliver told me between 100 to 105 times:

"Wait until Tong comes back. Memorial will be a much better team."

Tully hit the nail on the head with that one. Now, about that strong feeling of Central beating Salem last night................ Razz

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Central is much more unsteady than I thought - I'd hate to put them and BG in a boat together as the shaking might be disasterous.

And I don't take espresso in my coffee.

Tong is a great player - because he has always had a sweet shot - has size and smarts. He's been part of the program his entire time at Memorial and he plays hard all year through. I met him a few years ago and he really struck me as a special kid. I have enjoyed seeing him develop and thing his presence is going to do great things for this year's Crusaders and NEXT.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Akot along with Zoubel and Majak is a nice trio for Memorial. They're all athletic and they're only juniors. They will be VERY tough next year with the majority of their top players coming back and as Kabongo and Oumaru continue to develop. These guys all play for the same AAU program too remember, which will only help team chemsitry.

On another note is anyone else surprised Winnacunet beat South last night? Not a huge upset, but definitely an upset, especially considering it was at South. Out of the 5 projected starters Winnacunnet had over the summer, 1 of them moved out of state (Malcolm Woodliff-Bulloch) and 1 of them is out for the year with an injury (Chris Doyle). These guys are very young, relying heavily on sophomores Rich Ruffin (yes, he's Tiffany's little bro) and Sam Knollmeyer. So once again, you have to give Coach McKenna a lot of credit for getting the most out of his team.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Jeremy, I don't think South or Winnie are getting out of the first round this season.

Winnie hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record yet.

South is heading South in the standings. Scoring seems to be an issue..

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 pm

South beat BG, I know they've struggled but I still consider that a good win. They also beat North over the Holidays (yeah it was just a holiday tourney but even though Gauthier didn't play 2nd half it was still a hard fought game). And of South's 2 losses 1 came without Muccioli and 1 came without Jack Preston. When they're all healthy they're tough. That's a nice win on the road for Winnacunnet.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum