New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row.

+4
E.I.R.
Tuesday and Friday
JAF
GNG
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row. Empty I am not sold on BG winning four in a row.

Post  GNG Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:29 am

I want to be. It's just the evidence is piling up in the other direction.

They have played UNINSPIRED ball for the last 3 games now. They have not gotten better as the season progressed. That is something I am not used to.

The good news is that Timberlane is done like dinner. Injuries have taken their toll on this team, and Guertin should cruise to at least a 35 point victory.

I am not worried about BG getting to the finals, I am worried about them winning in the finals.

THE OTHER GAME. The game I wish I could be at. The game that everybody wants to see. Spaulding at Dover.

I am flip flopping. I love what the SPAULDING coach did to a program that was dead in the water. However, I got to go with Dover. Two very young talented teams that will be going head to head for the next few years.. I say Dover 14-7.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row. Empty Re: I am not sold on BG winning four in a row.

Post  JAF Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:12 am

I hope the coaches don't read this! If they do we'll see the backup qb again and another week of vanilla offense so as to not "get hurt" because they've decided to look past their opponent or not take them seriously. Even with the regulars in there, if the boys don't tackle - it'll be closer than 35... I heard thru the grapevine that the bad things seen on the field are things that aren't done in practice - go figure. Compared to previous years the hitting and tackling fundamentals aren't being drilled every week. If true, then maybe they squeak by this week, but losing the championship is likely. Could you imagine what the 2010 team would be doing to the competition this year? Ouch!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row. Empty Re: I am not sold on BG winning four in a row.

Post  GNG Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Dave Haley good article about BG. He sums it up pretty good.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Dave did a very good job explaining the BG season. I especially like the following paragraph from Haley's article:

"BG has a loyal and very strong backing, it's one of the aspects that makes that school great. They also make sure they are heard and they join Milford basketball parents as the voice of this new age of blogs and editorials disguised as a comments section. If your eyes aren't able to tell you how BG is playing then the blogs will and they haven't always been kind this season."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Dover-Spaulding is the game of the week, but a bit of a ride so I'll probably end up at the BG game. Should be a win, but who knows? Offense has not gotten any better this year, Fahey was hurt last week (not sure if he still is), and Coach Cote refuses to hand Mailloux the ball. It makes no sense to me the kid is a great runner? But I digress. The defense has played poorly too. A few weeks of one score games, then 13 points vs. Winnacunnet, 20 vs. Alvirne, and 17 in the loss at Keene.
GNG - Any way you could post the link of the story? I'd be interested to read it but don't know where to find it.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Dave Haley is the NH Sports Page: http://www.nhsportspage.com/

The story is part of the D1/D2 playoff picture article:

http://www.nhsportspage.com/display_full_story.php?story_id=723

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:23 pm

I don't know how well the signal will carry but we've got Dover vs Spaulding on AM 1270- you can also stream it at wtsnam1270.com

I 'm calling for the upset (full disclosure: I'm an SHS alum) 17-14

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Justin a/k/a SA: I'm envisioning The Red Raiders winning their next 2 games and a parade down Main St in Rochester.

A parade down Main St in Rochester !!!!! What a thought. That would be something to see.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:21 pm

What a ballgame between Spaulding and Dover.n Dover up 14-0 early, Spaulding charges back to make it 14-13, Dover extends to 21-13 right before the half. Spaulding able to tie it at 21 in the 3rd, both teams had chances to score in the 3rd and 4th, but defenses turned up the heat, and turnovers plauged both teams.

Sophmore Cam Rewuecki wins it with a 29 yard FG at the gun. Just a great game. Both teams showed guts and toughness.

Anyoen got a BG score yet?

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row. Empty Justin

Post  boxout Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Good post, though you never say who won the game. So who won?

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Ha, sorry man, Dover 24-21 Cam Reuwicki at the gun for the Green Wave

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:19 pm

JustinMcIsaac wrote:

Anyoen got a BG score yet?

BG escaped with a 29-26 win is what I've heard.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Heard GNG might have a lot of info from the BG game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:31 pm

BG did win, 29-26 your sources were correct. Much closer than it should have been. Opening kickoff is fumbled by Boykin, Timberlane gets it near the 20 yard line and scores quickly. Then BG takes the ball from around their own 40 and drives in for a score, but Cornell blocked the PAT. Defense holds Timberlane to a punt, but the snap goes over the punter's head and Boudreau almost recovers it for a touchdown but the ball slipped out into the endzone. Two BG defenders were about to tackle the Timberlane player who grabbed the ball but he threw it away and it became a safety. BG gets the ball back and scores again to go up 16-6. Timberlane had a nice drive to punch it in and its 16-13. BG responds with a field goal from Fox (one of their two kickers) to make it 19-13. They get the ball back after a Cornell interception but Fahey throws a pick six (he was crushed on basically all the passes he dropped back for today) and the PAT makes it 20-19 Timberlane. Then, right before the half BG gets another field goal, this time from Toscano as the clock runs out and they go into halftime up 22-20. Second half opens with a Timberlane drive and score, they're up 26-22. With about six minutes left in the game, BG throws a screen to Boykin on the left and he races for the game-winning score, 29-26. Timberlane gets the ball back and with 2 minutes left BG gets a big stop when Lansing tips a ball on a 4th and long. Then the BG boys get 8 yards from Mailloux on the first play, and stall the next two. With 4 seconds left its 29-26, 4th and 6 (after a false start). BG calls timeout, and to end the game Fahey runs the snap straight backwards to run the clock out before sliding to the ground. Interesting way to end the game I must say, but they outmatched Timberlane on offense all night. Playcalling sucked again, second half they tried more passing instead of sticking to the run like they had done the first half.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 pm

GNG has asked me to relay to the Forum he won't be posting on BG surviving the Timby game today. He is on a guided tour of The Flats and The Jade tonight. He has a lot to say. Rumor has it he is picking Dover to beat BG in the state title game next Saturday.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 pm

GNG has asked me to inform the Forum he is now waffling on his pick for the D2 Championship. He is in a mental quandry with regards to picking from his heart or his head for a D2 winner between BG and Dover. He is going with his heart right now. Time will tell if the head wins over.

This is giving me good preparation if I ever apply to be a Presidential, Senator or Governor spokesperson. My resume would include:

Spokesperson for GNG on the NH Sports Forum

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row. Empty BG and Pinkerton will take home the crown.

Post  GNG Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:30 pm

That was not BG football at it's finest yesterday. I was upset with the kid for BG who took a total cheapshot on a Dover player who was out of bounds and had his back to the BG player. Stupid penalties, and dirty plays are not BG football. He did it right in front of the ref. Fifteen yard penalty.

Not impressed with the BG defense. Although Nolan Cornell, Blake Boudreau, Kevin Kezick, and Paul Laparre played well. Laparre had at least 3 tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

Cornell runs tough, he should get more carries. Zach Mailloux gets some tough yards with no holes to run thru. Fahey was being pressured all day long.

BG will beat Dover because they have been there before. Dover is good, but they are young.

BG still has some fantastic athletes.Nate Chartrand made a beautiful catch on a bomb. All hands. Boykins makes other kids look like they are running in mud.

BG needs to work on their red zone offense big time this week.

BG 42 DOVER 35 Brody Smith returns next week, and shows people why he is a captain. Fahey has a huge day, and Mailloux will step up as he always does in big games.

Last edited by GNG on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Pinkerton will win for the same reason as BG. To many studs. Their only chink is a team who passes, and Exeter doesn't pass.

Two of the best active coaches square off in this contest. Billy Ball will keep it much closer then the first time, but he just doesn't have the players that Pinky does. That is no way a slight to Exeter. They have some great players, it's just that Pinkerton is playing on a different level this season.

Pinkerton 35 Exeter 21.

I would love to see this game, to bad same time as the BG game. Wouldn't it be great if all 3 championships next week were held at the same, oh never mind I am sick of trying to get the NHIAA to understand how much sense it would make. confused

Last edited by GNG on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Agree with you on both predictions.... Right now.

Glad being your spokesperson has taken a vacation for the weekend.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row. Empty I just read Jeremy's article about the Dover game

Post  GNG Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Sounds like they had a PACKED HOUSE. I was disheartened to see how few people showed up for this game. The place was empty. Timberlane didn't pack their side, but their fans were more vocal then the BG side. Student section was almost empty. Maybe kids are working. Hopefully more people turnout for the finals.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row. Empty One BG supporter who won't be at the finals.

Post  GNG Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:05 am

Neil Pare, or Mr.P as he is affectionately known around the BG hallways. He is the guy who goes to every sporting event there is at BG taking pictures. Great guy, he is a guidance councilor at Guertin. The best there is hands down. Rather he likes it or not he is friends for life with the Remillard family. Most people like the wife and kids part of my family, it's me they have a problem with Very Happy
He had a mild stroke and is recovering nicely, but I know it is killing him not to be out there clicking his camera.

Get Well Soon, MR. P. I look forward to seeing you at basketball. cheers

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:26 am

Busy weekend or I would have posted sooner! Anyway, I started out on Saturday being very impressed by the offense - it seemed to be in sync with formations changing at the line of scrimmage based either on power or play and plays nicely coming in from the sidelines. The defense was doing relatively well - hard to start out having only 20 yards to defend especially against the other teams 10 play list. The first quarter took forever - it was 16-6, BG intercepts the ball and gets a 33 yd pass from Fahey to Chartrand left BG knocking at the door from the 8 to end the first quarter. Then the coaches nemesis takes over - indecision and a ball inside the opponents 10. Now we have Fahey coming to the sideline to get the play and whatever they were doing for the first quarter wasn't being done and BG settles for a FG, but they have momentum. After a long Timby drive culminating in a TD - albeit helped by a curious DPI call - official right on the play doesn't call it, but one on other side does. Curious because his view was the defender doesn't turn around on the play, so he makes the call - which is fine, but the ball was well over the head of the receiver *and* out of bounds. Nonetheless, I think Timby would have got a TD there anyway. BG gets the ball back and seemed to start the next drive well, but then Fahey while in the grasp throws a pick 6 and momentum has clearly swung the other way. BG gets the ball back with 4 minutes left and drives the length of the field. Gets into the red zone with about 130 to go and once again, the plays cannot come in from the sidelines and we're stuck in the mud again. Poor decisions on usage of timeouts - parents are clearly agitated. Have to settle for a FG to end the half.

Second half - Timby gets the ball, drives down the field to the 7. Finally the defense gets some pressure and ends up sacking Bidgood on the 18. Timby has to settle for a FG try which is missed. BG gets the ball back, but has a brain dead 3 and out. Tried to grab big MO, but Timby still has a lock on it. Timby drives the field again and scores with about 50 seconds left to lead 26-22. BG gets the ball back and yep, you guessed it another 3 and out. Timby punts to CJ who races 45 yards down the sideline to the 10, but wait, there's laundry on the field for a block in the back. Must have been the second block, because the first block was clearly good, oh well. After a failed run and a failed screen, Fahey convinces coach to call another screen, which in the end looked more like a dump pass in the flat to CJ who races 55 yards to paydirt for the 29-22 BG lead. Timby gets the ball back, starts hurrying up a bit, throws a pass down the sideline, BG defender has position and ball deflects off his helmet while a Timby player is jumping on his back. But wait, another flag comes flying in. After a conference of the minds, it's determined to be offensive pass interference, which truly is the right call since the defender had turned his head to find the ball and looked back to find the receiver and then had the ball hit him. Timby punts the ball back, but once again we cannot do anything with and a 3 and out gives the ball back to Timby with 330 left in the game. Timby gets to the BG 40, but then stalls. A desperation 4th and 14 pass is deflected. With 200 minutes left and 1 Timby timeout, BG needs a first down. After an 8 yard carry by Mailloux, it looks good, but the next two plays net negative yards and BG has to punt it back with 5 seconds left. BG calls timeout and rather than punting the ball is snapped to Fahey who runs around in the backfield and finally goes down to end the game.

I guess in the end, it's now how you win it's if you win. BG is in the 'ship again in D2 for probably the last time ever because I'm sure once the go D1, the football committee would never let them slide back down unless they were 0 for the season for 10 years Laughing

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row. Empty One would think Jeremy would learn by now.

Post  GNG Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Never go against GNG in the playoffs. Jeremy picked Dover in a squeaker. I will make sure I mention that to him when I see him at hoops this winter.

The NOTEBOOK does have an in depth football playoff preview. A good read. The only thing he is wrong about is the winner of the game. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

I am not sold on BG winning four in a row. Empty Roger Brown joins Jeremy.

Post  GNG Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:06 am

I love reading Roger Brown, but he also picks DOVER in a defensive battle. I don't know much, but I do know BG hasn't played defense in a good month, but they can score. Points will be aplenty at Stellos Saturday. As I stated before BG in a shootout. Book it T@F. {He is my Dano}.

On a side note, watch out SOUTHERN NH. MRS GNG is going to visit her sister in Maine for 2 days. cheers

Her only warning to me was "don't burn the house down ,or get arrested" No problem. affraid pirat Twisted Evil Very Happy Cool cherry king cheers sunny

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:22 am

PREGAME AT THE NINETY NINE RESTAURANT.

Lots and lots of good food before the game. I will be there as well as the CUIPA'S.

Forum members please feel free to stop in before the game for some good sports chat.

T@f are you going to be in attendance? Twisted Evil

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next