New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan 3rd D2

+2
Tulliver
clippafan23
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jan 3rd D2 Empty Jan 3rd D2

Post  clippafan23 Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:52 am

Tomorrow is a light schedule for D2 with only a few good match ups.
Portsmouth takes on Coe Brown in a game that may be close for a while but Portsmouth should win this going away.
Souhegan and Milford with the second match up in a short time. Not sure of the health of Milford nor am I informed of any suspensions.
Pelham and Windham play and the word on Windham has been good so far this season so I am interested in how this will play out. I would assume that Pelham is the favorite but this may be the game I would drive to see.
Hanover takes on Brady with the Freshmen for Brady playing so well this could be a good contest.
Hollis takes on Bedford who had a tough time in Kentucky.
Some other teams like Kearsarge,Conval,St Thomas and Laconia are playing D3 teams which I am confused by. I do not understand why this state has open scheduling and the second highest division plays down. Would it not make more sense to add a week to the schedule and have D2 vs D1 and D3 vs D4? It seems as if that would make sure all teams got a chance to play one outside of the division.

Other than that not much to get excited about in D2.

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Jan 3rd D2 Empty Re: Jan 3rd D2

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:52 am

What game will you be driving to, Clippafan?

Perhaps you'll be able to post score updates from the bleachers?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhssports Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Will be at the Milford-Souhegan doubleheader tonight. Girls game should be interesting, since Souhegan will be without Jane White - she was on crutches at practice on Monday - and she scored 24 points in a 22-point win over Milford at the holiday tournament last week. Souhegan boys will be looking for first win over Milford since February of 2006, unless you count the Chick-fil-A tournament last week.

nhhssports
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Great! Hope we can get some updates from you !

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Portsmouth escaped with a 54-53 win over a scrappy Coe-Brown squad. Coe-Brown ran a very effective box-and-one against PHS guard Kamahl Walker, who was averaging well over 20 ppg (including the holiday tournament) coming into the game. Not sure of the stats, but I would be surprised if he scored in double figures tonight. Reserve guard Ben Landry was the hero for the Clippers, hitting some clutch baskets, including a big three pointer in the last two minutes of the game. He played a lot of quality minutes, as Walker and Billy Lane both picked up two quick fouls in the first half.

The game had a very interesting finish. With Portsmouth up by three and time ticking away, the Coe-Brown player drove for a two pointer with about 6 seconds left. Portsmouth was in no hurry to pick up the ball and inbound it after the basket. Coe-Brown finally called a time out with 2.2 seconds left. Portsmouth threw a long inbounds pass and Lane was fouled with 1.0 seconds left. He missed the front end of a 1-and-1, and time expired when Portsmouth got the long rebound off the missed free throw. It looked like Coe-Brown didn't quite have the presence of mind to call the immediate time out after their made basket, which would have at least given them a chance to go for a steal or an immediate foul with some time left.

Although it was a somewhat sloppy game, it was very exciting and fun to watch. If Clippafan23 was at the game, I'm sure he could add some more insight.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Thanks! I was sorry I missed the game. I was looking forward to seeing Walker in action this year.

Hoping to catch them at Souhegan or some place around here.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:00 am

Kamahl Walker is the real deal. I know there was controversy last year coming from Milford about what point guard deserved to be on 1st or 2nd team, but the D2 coaches got it right last season. Walker richly deserved to be on 1st team last season. He's a good kid too. I had a chance to see him up close and get to coach him a little bit. There's good things in store for this Portsmouth senior. He has a solid shot to win POY in D2 this season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:44 am

I like Walker - I think he's an interesting combination of talent and heart with an inherent toughness I have found to be slightly to substantially lacking in point guards.

I like how he handles himself off the court as well.

Definitely a young man to watch!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I had a short Twitter interchange with Mr. Walker after their win last night, apparently they played the box and 1 and really seemed to stymie the PHS offense. Rest assured Mulvey will be ready to counter that next time around. Side note: the Portsmouth kids on Twitter crack me up, I think the whole team is on it!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:02 pm

I enjoy their tweets, too.

Mulvey has one, too, I think he probably keeps a cyber eye on his boys, too.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:38 pm

What's nice here is that you had a favored team being pushed to the brink by an upset minded team and we're not receiving reports about refs, bad calls etc or potential you tube videos....... A breath of fresh air. Portsmouth's team and their fans might be growing on me this season. I look forward to Seacoastdad and Clippafan23 giving their insight to what might be a championship run for the Clippers, but without all the controversy and drama.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm

T&F sounds like he's going to be taking some drives to the coast with a little Lynyrd Sknyrd blaring on the radio on the way!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:What's nice here is that you had a favored team being pushed to the brink by an upset minded team and we're not receiving reports about refs, bad calls etc or potential you tube videos....... A breath of fresh air. Portsmouth's team and their fans might be growing on me this season. I look forward to Seacoastdad and Clippafan23 giving their insight to what might be a championship run for the Clippers, but without all the controversy and drama.

Thanks! I'll do my best. You're right, Portsmouth has weathered some close games early in the season, but should get into a better rhythm as the season progresses. I will definitely not go out on a limb and say they will "run the table" as another forumite suggested. Getting Kyle DiCesare back for the latter part of the season (broken ankle in football) will, however, certainly give them a boost heading into the tournament. Looking forward to seeing how the Clippers match up in their next two games (Merrimack Valley and Milford), and then Souhegan later in the month.

And, I thought the officiating was actually quite good last night!

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 pm

"And, I thought the officiating was actually quite good last night!"
SeacoastDad

OMG, so refreshing !!! Go Portsmouth !!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Something tells me the opinions of the referees on this public forum are going to positively increase dramatically this season. Shocked
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:55 pm

sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan 3rd D2 Empty I, too, feel a certain sense of optimism...like where at a place

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 pm

where the skies are blue...

flower

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:10 pm

The Assistant wrote:Something tells me the opinions of the referees on this public forum are going to positively increase dramatically this season. Shocked

Or..........When there is nothing being said about refereeing this too can be taken as a positive also.

3 Milford games so far and not one comment yet about officiating coming from there. As Gomer Pyle used to say:

"g-o-l-l-y" "shazam" and "surprise surprise surprise"

If a Fox 40 blows (tree falls) in the Milford gym (in the woods) will any one hear it this season?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan 3rd D2 Empty Somehow

Post  clippafan23 Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Somehow I think the Milford people are reading this and laughing...

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Actually, Clippafan, I would say the Milford people have more of a sense of relief, along with many Forum members.

And yes there might be laughing by Milford people because as of this writing there have been ZERO refereeing issues coming from the town of Milford. Now, that's funny. lol

Laughing sunny Laughing sunny Laughing sunny Laughing sunny Laughing sunny Laughing sunny Laughing sunny Laughing sunny Laughing sunny

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:

If a Fox 40 blows (tree falls) in the Milford gym (in the woods) will any one hear it this season?

Depends on who it's called on, I might Razz Just Kidding.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Good one Bigman. There were a lot of trees that fell in the Milford gym the last 3 years. Just check Youtube.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Haha witnessed those trees falling, no need to relive it.

Back to top Go down

Jan 3rd D2 Empty Tree in a Gym

Post  clippafan23 Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:49 pm

I have not been to that school since about 1994 but last time I was there I do not think there was room for a tree... well maybe a rosebush could have fallen.

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Totally agree with you Bigman...... along with a good many others.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum