New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Does Anyone know who made all state?

+7
BHS Bulldog Dad
nyk
JAF
EBlessNHSP
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
nhball9
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does Anyone know who made all state? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Anyone know who made all state?

Post  bb603 Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:05 pm

The Londonderry coach posted this on GSB.org

Here is D1. I don't even know if the UL published last year's teams, so here it is:

First Team:

Treff, Salem
Kinnon, Lononderry
Curran, Pinkerton
Turner, North
Gendron, South
Breen, North
Damon, Merrimack
Seawards, Dover
Feeney, Pinkerton
Morin, Salem
Gilcrest, BG
Parker, Merrimack
McIntire, Concord
Szelog, Central
Reynolds, Memorial
Dionne, Concord
Sullivan, Winnacunnett
Daley, Exeter
Carlberg, Dover

2nd Team:

Moloney, Londonderry
Miller, Spaulding
Ferlan, BG
Boudreau, West
Armstrong, Timberlane
Sutherland, Pinkerton
King, Memorial
Reed, South
Tarantino, North
Fortin, North
Peters, Salem
DiPalma, Salem
Provencher, Central
Hudon, Merrimack
McQuarrie, BG
Welch, Londonderry
Emerson, Concord
Gareau, Winnacunnett

3rd team:

Hurley, Alvirne
Maloney, South
McQuade, Spaulding
Calabrese, Dover
Lonegan, Pinkerton
Bouvier, Salem
Distasio, Merrimack
Poisson, Central
Sullivan, Memorial
Doucette, Exeter
Cassidy, Londonderry
Dupont, Merrimack
Root, North
Singer, Keene
Karkahis, North
Bourassa, West
McCarthy, Timberlane
Boulay, Keene

Not sure who King, Memorial is, there was no King on Memorial this year.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone know who made all state? - Page 2 Empty Crazzzy

Post  SAWit Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:45 am

GNG wrote: I know my friends from Merrimack aren't to happy with some of the selections. I couldn't believe no Joe McCarthy anywhere. They got that one wrong, big time.

After looking at the lists... I concur, that's crazy... not even on third team??

All State Teams: Like going to the horse tracks - everyone has a fav. Congrats to all those that made it!

SAWit
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone know who made all state? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Anyone know who made all state?

Post  JAF Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:39 am

Not sure I understand why Merrimack fans weren't happy - 6 players on the list (the King, Memorial was changed to King, Merrimack on the other site). That's the same number as North and more than Salem. BG, Pinkerton, and Concord each got 3... I also have to assume the Welch, Londonderry is Welch, West - cannot imagine he wouldn't get a mention, but then one wonders how West gets 3 players on the list... Sullivan, Memorial on 3rd team - strange. Ask North how good he was.

As for Joe (or Jim as Tom King calls him) McCarthy not making it - who knows... Could be an oversight or one of those, then who do we leave off. Joe pitched really well and hit unbelievably. Not having much time in the field perhaps hurt. I also think Kyle Remillard could have made 3rd team at least. Defensively at first he was very solid and while he started slow offensively he's been more consistent lately.

Again - this is why lists like this are so difficult - everyone has their favorite players that they believe are better than someone else's.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  nhball9 Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:00 pm

The only difference I had on the list I recieved was player of the year being Tref from Salem and coach of the year being Keleher from Salem. And the King was from Merrimack. Who I felt was over-represented (even before the playoffs).

nhball9
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:42 am

I agree with you again. Migs and TOJO have both stated how political these meetings get. I think for the most part they got it right. I still stand by my Joe McCarthy pick. He led the team in homers {maybe the division}, led the team in avg. and rbi's. Oh yeah he was also led the team in wins. I understand why he is not on the first team being a junior and all, but he has to be at least on the second team.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  FullCount Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 am

I also agree that they missed it with Big Joe McCarthy - no question that he had a great year.

Big congrats to Josh Treff for player of the year cheers - the kid is very solid all the way around and he has worked hard at it for many years.......

FullCount
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SAWit Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:15 am

JAF wrote:
West gets 3 players on the list... Sullivan, Memorial on 3rd team - strange.

I scratched my head on any West player at 2nd... 3rd even a lucky one considering - and to see Sullivan drop to 3rd team from 2nd... oh well, coaches can't know everything, not like there's an ESPN NH High School version of Baseball Tonight to break things down for the State every game night. Papers don't do any justice to a game either...

Again, congrats to those who made the list.

SAWit
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  SAWit Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:19 am

GNG wrote:I agree with you again. Migs and TOJO have both stated how political these meetings get. I think for the most part they got it right. I still stand by my Joe McCarthy pick. He led the team in homers {maybe the division}, led the team in avg. and rbi's. Oh yeah he was also led the team in wins. I understand why he is not on the first team being a junior and all, but he has to be at least on the second team.

First team has their share of juniors on it.. Treff, Poore, Dow last year...

http://www.nhhsbca.com/nhallstate.asp

McCarthy definitely out played any West Player... congrats to him, he knows and the team knows what he did this season - in the end that's what matters... will add fuel to the fire for next year.

SAWit
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Wow, that amazes me that 3 players from West. That's not right at all, but like you said every team knows who should be on it from their own team.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone know who made all state? - Page 2 Empty All State List Released

Post  Crazy Carl Everett Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:04 pm

http://www.nhhsbca.com/docs/pdfs/2011AllStateTeams.pdf

All State List from the NH Coaches Website

Crazy Carl Everett
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:24 pm

2011 POY - http://www.nhhsbca.com/playeroftheyear.asp

DI - Josh Treff - Salem
DII - Keegan Taylor - Portsmouth
DIII - Jordan Cote - Winnisquam (repeats)
DIV - Tyler Griffin - Colebrook
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:27 pm

2011 COY - http://www.nhhsbca.com/coachofyear.asp

Div I - Dan Kelliher - Salem
Div II - Tim Hopley - Portsmouth
Div III - Dan Brigham - Berlin
Div IV - Tim Purrington - Colebrook

Interesting how most the COY's match up with the POY
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:05 am

Also just read in the Telegraph that Cote was selected 117th overall (3rd round) by the New York Yankees. No word on whether he plans to sign or go to school next year. Anybody know his plans?

Some good notes about current college players in NH that were drafted as well (some Native, some not)

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/sportslocalsports/922262-222/locals-close-to-cws-berth.html
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2