New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

What a joy to go to the ballpark these days.

3 posters

Go down

What a joy to go to the ballpark these days. Empty What a joy to go to the ballpark these days.

Post  GNG Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:53 am

BG had become the laughing stock in division 1 over the last few years. Kids would throw the ball around like it was a hot potato, they would have more errors then hits in a game. Stolen bases, bunts, hit an run, were unheard of. They actually used their extra hitter for their 1st baseman for the season. Two word come to mind, sloppy,and boring when thinking how Guertin used to play. I used to dread going to the ballpark. Used to, not anymore.
I blogged about this new coach after the parents meeting. His enthusiasim is contagious, I remember telling my wife after meeting him that I wish our son was a freshman because this guy will have a championship within 4 years. He is that good, he gets it. He forces the action on the basepaths. He has put together a pitching staff that in my opinion is top to bottom the best in the state. I know that Salem has Poore, North has Turner, solid A pitchers. I am saying Guertin has 2 B plus guys, 3 solid B guys {two of them might end up B plus}, 3 solid C plus arms. That's 8 kids that can throw strikes, consistently. Not a dog in the bunch, not alot of teams can say that.
In both football and hoops this year BG had a giant bullseye on their back. They were the hunted, anything less then a state championship in either sport and the season would be considered a failure. Now these kids are the hunters, they are the ones going after the Salem's and North's of division 1 , and enjoying every minute of it. The boy's are having alot of FUN turning a losing program around, and remember when you play baseball loose {unlike the sox} good things happen. I am not saying they will win it this year, but I am saying nobody will want to play this team come tourny time, too many kids that have won multiple state titles on this team. Remember , never underestimate the HEART of a champion. Gonna be a fun season. I used to dread going to the ballpark. Used to, not anymore.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

What a joy to go to the ballpark these days. Empty Re: What a joy to go to the ballpark these days.

Post  GNG Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:50 am

I saw on the scroll on wmur that Timby beat Keene 3-0. I think it was the boys, if it was that means timby is 2-0,and has posted shutouts in back to back games this week. So in the double header at holman today at 4 undefeated Merrimack plays undefeated North, and in the 7 pm tilt,undefeated Timby takes on undefeated Guertin.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

What a joy to go to the ballpark these days. Empty Re: What a joy to go to the ballpark these days.

Post  JAF Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:59 am

GNG - you may need to adjust your prescription - the NHIAA had Timby playing North yesterday in Baseball - they had Timby playing Keene in boys volleyball.

check that - according to nh-highschoolsports.com, north is going to play timby in baseball on 4/19

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 am

JAF - 2 things about GNG:

1) I've been saying he needs to adjust his prescription on his glasses for a long time.... and his medication too.

2) Beating the Dead Horse #2 - "Never under estimate the HEART of a champion."

Is there a Jade-like place where horses go to drink and eat in the Merry/Nashua area where after a few too many swigs and bites the horses just lay down and die on the sides of the road?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:14 am

The glasses thing has been a running joke in our fan section this year... We were all trying to read the "distance" marker in LF at BG last week. It's little white square with numbers painted on it - none of us could read it. We asked our photographer to help us out and zoom in on it. While he's doing that my youngest son standing there listening to us says - oh it says 3xx feet (I forget the actual #, but that isn't important). We all looked at each other and kind of laughed. During preseason when the players aren't wearing numbers on their jersey's we all ask each other who is who at bat. Other than a few standouts (such as JoeM afro) - these kids all look alike. What's even funnier is that even though we cannot tell who is who - we all know a strike or a ball when we see one from the stands and we all know when a runner is safe or out Laughing... It just depends on which side we're rooting for to provide the answer.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

What a joy to go to the ballpark these days. Empty Sorry I made a mistake on the timby game but remember

Post  GNG Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:06 pm

We all can't be as perfect as T@F. It's funny you bring up the jade, I was in Milford the other day, and my buddy and me stopped in. Nothing like the Merrimack Jade. Bathrooms were nice, food was good, drinks were the same.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Thank You for recognizing my near or total perfection.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down