New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday 2/11 Game Thread

+2
tarrier
chicagokid43
6 posters

Go down

Friday 2/11 Game Thread Empty Friday 2/11 Game Thread

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Tonight one of the more interesting match ups in D2 occur in Pembroke. Pelham with Steven Spirou visit the young squad from Pembroke. This could be a deciding game to see who gets into the top 4 and two home games. One interesting note to that is Pelham may end up with a first game at home (in Windham) because of a scheduling conflict with the school. However these are two teams that like to get up and down. Pelham of course has Spirou who is putting up his usual 20+ a game. Pelham has two guys running up the numbers with Sophomore Matt Persons and Freshmen Pat Welch. Both players are consistently around 20 a game. It will be interesting to see if Pelham throws Spirou at Welch. When Milford visited Pelham earlier in the year Spirou started out on Mitchell hoping to bog down the offense and slow the team by slowing the distributer. This would leave Defranzo and Maher going at it in another nice match up. This will be a very good game and probably Pembrokes last tough game of the year outside of the trip to Lebanon. I wish I could stray away from Conval and Milford but with only a hand full of games left for My Spartans I feel I cannot miss it. If your seeing a game in D2 tonight this seems to be the one to pay for.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/11 Game Thread Empty Pelham tops Pembroke 73-70 in an OT thriller!

Post  tarrier Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 pm

This was an AWESOME game! Back and forth all night long with both teams taking each other's best. Pembroke looked like they had it won with a 3 point lead and the ball with only 14.5 seconds left, but they turned it over on the inbound play and the Pythons Dean Joyce nailed a game tying 3 pointer with 7 seconds to go to tie it at 61. Pembroke's Rene Maher took it back the other way, but missed a runner in the lane at the buzzer that sent the game into OT. Stephen Spirou took over from there, scoring 3 overtime hoops and a couple FT's in the final seconds to help his team to a big road win. Freshman sensation Patrick Welch was as good as advertised with a game high 34 points, including 6 1st half 3 pointers and 8 of them total in the game. I'll have a full recap tomorrow AM on NHSportspage.com.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/11 Game Thread Empty Memorial hangs on against Merrimack, 67-61

Post  nhhssports Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:44 am

When Memorial got out to a 9-0 lead and was up 29-14 in the second, I wondered why I went to this game. But then Merrimack came back and trailed 38-30 at halftime, Dmitri Flores hit a barrage of 3s. Merrimack took the lead twice in the third, but then Memorial went on an 11-0 run to go back ahead. Merrimack was within two late, but couldn't pull it out. See more on the game at nh-highschoolsports.com.

nhhssports
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/11 Game Thread Empty Re: Friday 2/11 Game Thread

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:00 am

Real bad week for the Lady Crusaders from Memorial. They cap off a painful 0 - 3 week by losing to Merrimack by 2 points.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:09 am

Anything on Central's game in the beautiful town of Rochester?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/11 Game Thread Empty Spaulding

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:35 am

Spaulding 42 Central 39 listening to WGAM got that from them.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:38 am

Is it on now? I'm just getting this Tarrier-like dance music on my Gam stream line.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/11 Game Thread Empty Raymond 71, Campbell 56

Post  BeastMode2121 Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:57 am

Raymond was up by aound 10 all game..Trying to get back into a rhythm after a couple tough losses.. Raymond plays Somersworth Sunday, should be a good test for them!

BeastMode2121
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/11 Game Thread Empty Raymond/Campbell

Post  Crossover Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 am

Raymond was up 2 after one and was up 3 at the half (30-27). The difference in the game was the 3rd quarter when Raymond outscored Campbell by 7. It seemed that Raymond may have wanted it more as they were able to get plenty of offensive rebounds. I think this was an important game for Raymond to get their confidence back after loosing 3 out of 4, including losses to both Hopkinton and Prospect Mountain (2 teams that Campbell beat by by 20+). Once again Raymond was led by senior Kevin Paynter and his 22 points. It seems like Campbell is in all their tough games ( Conant twice, Bow twice, Raymond twice, Pelhem and Somersworth) right up to halftime then experience takes over. The only game they were able to pull out was the Somersworth (11-2) game. Hopefully the experience that the young players from Campbell are gaining pays off in the future as they have 3 sophomores and a freshman in their top 8 along with 2 other sophomores that swing to varsity.

Crossover
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down