New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Memorial questions

5 posters

Go down

Memorial questions Empty Memorial questions

Post  Twenty two Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:32 pm

I would like to know once and for all what has to happen before the NHIAA steps in and does something about Memorial boys basketball.  We all woke up this morning to the news that Memorials head coach had been suspended from last nights game.  Because he's both the coach and schools Athletic Director I'm curious who handed down that suspension.  

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 100 % Inaccuracy on reason for suspension.)

Twenty two
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Memorial questions Empty Re: Memorial questions

Post  Sox040713 Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:15 pm

I heard about this also and posted in a different topic. This stuff is serious issues and not basketball related. Basketball comes second to assault and battery allegations and fixing report cards for players eligibility. If Quirk is even remotely evolved his time at Memorial is over. Clearly, the Memorial administration, Nhiaa and Manchester school board needs to step in and deal with this as it is not just going to go away.

Sox040713
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hooper Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:19 am

Just to clarify

The NHBCO (coaches org)  stripped Welch not the NHIAA.  The NHIAA has nothing to with post season awards.  The NHIAA did hold Pembroke's feet to the fire regarding there behavior in other ways. I am curious to see if a Manchester Administrator gets held to the same standard.  I'm betting no

But really this is a Manchester school thing, The manchester powers that be should step in. It is overdue, way overdue. That group of young men have been done a disservice from day 1 by not having stronger leadership.

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  FormerFalcoln Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:19 am

The suspension is by Memorial, thier administration, and athletic director. NHIAA is self policing. Hooper is correct ,the NHIAA had nothing to do with Welch and the POY issue.

FormerFalcoln
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:31 am

Let me make myself PERFECTLY clear:

With regards to the Quirk suspension..... 2 of the members of this Forum are 100% wrong for the reason(s) why he was suspended for coaching Memorial on Friday night against Salem. Please don't post inaccuracies. Do I know the reason(s)? Yes. Will I post it here on the Forum? Absolutely not !! There's just some information that shouldn't be posted.

If any of you members continue to post wrong information about this situation I will delete it in a heart beat. Please refrain from attacking players personally also. That's not what this Forum is about.

Is there hypocrisy in HS basketball in NH? All over the place !!! Are there problems at Manchester schools with regards to player eligibility? All the time. Is/was there a problem in Pembroke with regards to players graduating from one school district as 8th graders then winding up in the Pembroke basketball program? Well, we all know what the answer to that question is. Is there a problem in Londonderry with regards to the how a situation was handled earlier this season with an incident....... Ummmmm I think so.

In the end I pose this thoughtful and serious question to all of you:

Why does a basketball court insulate 14 to 18 year olds from misbehavior and bad actions? If some indiscretions were done in school hallways, school parking lots or public streets the consequences would be much more severe.

I never received the memo on a basketball court becoming Switzerland.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down