New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Week 3 Ramblings/Discussion

+3
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
JAF
7 posters

Go down

Week 3 Ramblings/Discussion Empty Week 3 Ramblings/Discussion

Post  JAF Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:14 am

Most shocking score last night was the 49 Exeter hung on Central - OK not shocking that Exeter scored that many because Central does have a suspect defense, but for Central not to score - that's shocking. Playing against that hydra (the 3 headed monster) offense of Exeter is very difficult for any defense. I don't think Exeter is really 49 points better than Central and while Thaler in his blog points to last year's PA/Exeter game for comparison, I'd go further back in the archives to a BG/Exeter matchup where on play #1 Steve Cuipa goes under center, Andy Vailas lines up as a WR... Cuipa connects on a bomb to start the game - BG was on it's way to a blowout win. That quick start (like last night) changes the game plan quickly. I'm sure Central can recover. They will have to focus on the PA matchup to ensure they can play PA on turf if/when they meet in the playoffs. As Thaler rightly points out, the problem with blowout wins is the victors sometimes can lose focus in the rematch thinking back to the prior game. I don't see that happening with Exeter as they are far too disciplined. While Exeter did win the championship in a rematch last with with PA, they lost to BG in the championship the prior time, but by a much closer score. I remember the boys all talking about the challenge coach Johnson gave them - win the championship game by 30+ points and you can shave my head. Naturally he knew that would never happen, but he certainly used it to focus the boys on playing the game in front of them rather than reliving the one they played before.

I would think the next power poll would be Exeter, Pinkerton, Winnacunnet, Keene, and who knows. Central, South, Concord, BG, Dover, and Bedford seem to be the next tier in their divisions. Now that Memorial was soundly beaten by Concord and Memorial having beaten Goffstown in a close game makes me believe there's a fairly large chasm this year between D2 & D3 - at least for the better teams. If Trinity loses then does Plymouth crack the top 10 and which D1/D2 team do you leave out?

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Ramblings/Discussion Empty Remember this my friend.

Post  GNG Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:30 am

Keene and BG have not played anyone yet.

Keene beat a very weak Salem team. They also beat cupcake Merrimack.
BG beat 2 cupcakes, West and Merrimack.

Division 2 will be like division 3 was last year. Six or seven teams fighting it out to make the playoffs with West and Merrimack battling it out for last place.

Division 1 will be like division 2 was last year. One or two good teams then not much else.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Ramblings/Discussion Empty Re: Week 3 Ramblings/Discussion

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 am

It does seem after only a couple of weeks that D1 football is in concrete with Pinkerton and Exeter firmly entrenched in the foundation with the other teams just on the work crew pouring the soft concrete mix.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Ramblings/Discussion Empty I wish it was next season.

Post  GNG Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:24 am

Then the Winnie- Exeter game would have counted in the standings.

Who was the first to say division 2 was the best division in football. Very Happy Throw out the TERRIBLE product that Coach Batista is putting out there in Merrimack and you have one heck of a division.

Keene flunked their first test last night.

Bedford showed they belong. Very Happy

Sounds like Timby- West put on quite a show last night.

DOVER- BG tonight. Get to see if BG is a contender or a pretender. scratch

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:34 pm

GNG wrote:Who was the first to say division 2 was the best division in football. Very Happy
GNG I hate to rain on your parade, but you said that about Division II on September 1. But way back on July 31 someone else said this, "While Division I might have the three best teams in the NHIAA this year (Exeter, Pinkerton and Central), D-II is hands down a deeper division. There are seven very good teams in the division and five of them have a realistic shot at a title."

right here Very Happy

Last edited by Jeremy Leveille on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxSportsNH Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Jeremy Leveille wrote:
GNG wrote:Who was the first to say division 2 was the best division in football. Very Happy
GNG I hate to rain on your parade, but you said that about Division II on September 1. But way back on July 31 someone else said this, "While Division I might have the three best teams in the NHIAA this year (Exeter, Pinkerton and Central), D-II is hands down a deeper division. There are seven very good teams in the division and five of them have a realistic shot at a title."

right here

hate to rain on your parade Jeremy , But at the very least GNG consistently gets his info correct and credit given where its due.

Should be interesting to see how BG does tonite against a decent team (if Dover is ?) , D2 should be a ride right thru the end.

is Boykin in the BG lineup ?

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Ramblings/Discussion Empty Sorry Jman

Post  GNG Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:28 am

I meant the first on this site. Very Happy

If anyone wants to see Boykin play go to the BG gym today. He has been playing for the hoop team and looking real good.

Coach Cote might want to come up with another whopper to feed to the press, cuz the shoulder is fine.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:04 am

First game I've missed in probably 7 or 8 years - we had a 25th anniversary party to go to last night.

Reports are scarce to come by. *NOTHING* in the Telegraph this AM - physical paper or online (why does that *NOT* surprise me)... The UL and Fosters each had short stories. I'm happy for Blake - I have to imagine after last week Dover was keying on Marino especially if they watched the Merrimack tape. Another player doing well this season is Kiczuk although I think he was a little banged up so had limited action in the Merrimack game. Right now there's no shortage of backs to give the ball to so it's got to be a bit difficult to defend - none of them are going to bring the notoriety of Fransozo or Grant, but they also aren't single points of failure. I heard that Fransozo tweaked his groin in their win over Exeter (in yesterday's radio show - Roger Brown noted it during his segment). Winni has to play Dover next and that injury could make things interesting up at Dover...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  HS FB Fan 11 Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:31 pm

After a horrendous start, BG looked good last night. Their linebackers were outstanding; particularly Reale and Miller! Each of these inside LBs had several loud hits drawing the expected oohs from the crowd. Best discipline I've witnessed from a BG team in five years (I've seen them all). Boudreau played the best game I've seen from him, especially on offense. He had a nice catch on a ball that was almost out of reach for the first TD and an outstanding straight-arm to spring himself for the last TD. Hurley threw the ball accurately, and his decision making was very good. He threw the balll away when no one was open.
Another nice game from Kiczuk, though he is obviously banged up. IMHO, the most underrated player on this team. He had two outstanding tackles from behind on what looked like sure Dover TDs! For the second TD, he outfought a defender for the ball and then left him in the dust for 40-something yards.
As far as the general game, to my surprise, BG line dominated both ways. Dover had to move an extra player into the box in an attempt to contain the running game. Cote did a nice job answering with play action and throws toward the sidelines to wide open Marino, Kiczuk, and Boudreau. Credit Hurley here too.
One weakness on BGs part was special teams. Dover kicked/punted the ball very well land BG made one or two costly mistakes. Again, IMHO, next week will be a test. I saw the Bedford-Winnacunnet game, and they are both good teams.

HS FB Fan 11
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Strange that a player who hasn't been cleared for football is playing fall baseball and fall basketball

I'm just saying............ scratch

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxSportsNH Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Strange that a player who hasn't been cleared for football is playing fall baseball and fall basketball

I'm just saying............ scratch

Not to rain on the "notebook" parade but I believe it was here that it was said that Mr Boykin Wont see a football field this season. thats really too bad if thats the case.
Is he on the sideline ?

I had the opportunity to listen to the BG game last night, It appears they are clicking and going strong. Cant wait to see what they do against Keene, Winny, Bedford. ........

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:20 pm

boykin will be back tuesday

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Max, I will defer to GNG to &nswer your question................

......or you could get Belichick-ian answers from the BG football camp.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down