New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 17th Games

+10
goldenbear
NHHoopsFan
JAF
Hoopfan4
nhhoopsguy
SeacoastDad
NHSports11
JustinMcIsaac
GNG
Tuesday and Friday
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Feb. 17th Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Feb. 17th Games

Post  Tulliver Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:44 pm

2 kids quit the Central time recently.

Gomez hasn't been part of the team for longer - but I don't know the particulars behind that decision - who made it - and if it was mutual or one sided.

I LOATHE speculation about academic eligibility and find it entirely inappropriate.

I will say, however, that if one looks in the archives of the UL for Central's honor rolls - I think you'll find Lafond's name consistently.

I do not think adding a HS player in at this point is fair to other players, personally, but that's only my personal opinion.

The date for rosters is next week or the week after - yep, seems unbelievable, but it's the only date provided in the NHIAA policy and rule books that I could find.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:32 am

I think it is crazy to not have an active roster of JV/ Varsity player in to the NHIAA by mid saeson.
If a team can't provide a list of possible players, that have played during season , for JV/Varsity, barring injury or suspension,by midseason, is just wrong!
I know that some schools have different academic quarters, such as Winny is three, which happens to be around tryouts for each sport season.
But with this system, can a player be added from another sport?
What if said player was a wrestler, and his season was done, could he be added to roster if basketball coach needed a big guy?
I know a lot of soccer kids are the place kicker in Fb , but are on roster early in season.

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:45 am

Yes, a player could be added from another sport, I believe.

I think it's crazy!!!!!

In Soccer, a coach told me you can add a player up to the tournament pretty much.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:40 pm

A moot point with regards to the Lafond basketball situation at Central. Word has it he has decided not to play for the rest of the season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3