New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 17th Games

+10
goldenbear
NHHoopsFan
JAF
Hoopfan4
nhhoopsguy
SeacoastDad
NHSports11
JustinMcIsaac
GNG
Tuesday and Friday
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Feb. 17th Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Feb. 17th Games

Post  SeacoastDad Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:20 am

nhhoopsguy wrote:Winny girls by six tonight over Dover, based on NHIAA !
Going 2-1 tonight was better than SB!
If Winny beats BG on Tues, and they both are tied, and both beat each other and then beat everybody else, it sure will be alot to sort out on #1 seed!

If the above plays out, I think it will come down to the 9th NHIAA tiebreaker, which is "As deternined by the sports committee." Here are the tiebreaking criteria:

1. Rating* in head-to-head competition which shall be the established team rating system based upon contests against opponents involved in the tie providing they have played each other the same number of times.
2. Rating against NHIAA divisional opponents selected for the tournament including all teams involved in a tie for the last position. Once the tournament teams have been selected, the teams that were tied for the last position are no longer used in breaking ties as they are not considered tournament teams.
3. Quality of wins against tournament teams in division including all teams involved in a tie for the last position. (Ranking) **
4. Rating against divisional opponents on the road***.
5. Rating against divisional opponents at home.
6. Wins on the road regardless of division.
7. Wins at home regardless of division.
8. If teams are tied after the first seven criteria, the team that defeated the highest NHIAA seeded team in their division (includes both tournament and non-tournament teams) will be selected.
9. As determined by the sports committee.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:39 am

Thoughts on the 52 - 49 victory by Trinity over Salem:

- Not much separated these teams in this game. The score was tied at 40 with just over a minute left in the 3rd period when Trinity went on a 7 - 0 run to take a 47 - 40 lead going into the 4th. I think this was the largest lead of the game.

- Ben Slepian is one of the best shooters in NH. He doesn't need much space to get off his shot. He hit seven 3's and he probably just rimmed out another 3 to 4. He comes off picks nicely and quickly gets his shot off. Gabriel, Hamel, Keefe and Sistare all took their turns trying to limit Slepian's looks.

- While on the subject of Slepian one of the funniest things I heard tonight was something that happened at half time. Slepian had 17 at half on 5 three's. Dave Haley caught Coach Keefe coming back from half time and said something like heh coach I think #14 for Salem is a shooter. I believe Coach Keefe thanked Dave for the coaching tip in a nice wry Coach Keefe manner.

- Mabor Gabriel almost looked like the player we all thought he was going to be before the season started. He had a thunderous slam early in the 1st quarter that sent the Pioneer bench and student body into a frenzy. He was a force with rebounding and blocked shots.

- Rob McLaughlin does such a good job with his team. He has one of the best point guards in Klecan. He has one of the best scorers in the state in Slepian. The rest of the cast of Blue Devils are just hard working blue collar players. They were giving away inches on every position tonight, but battled on the boards and in the hustling dept.

- Ian Sistare passed yet another point guard test by going up against the tough Klecan and scoring 10 points while taking care of the basketball.

- On Salem's last possession with 12 seconds left Trinity made sure some one not named Ben Slepian didn't force the game into OT. Hamel and Sistare double teamed Slepian. This left Felix open for a 3 at the elbow extension which rimmed out. Good defensive call by Trinity.

- When you think back on the last 5 years Salem and Trinity have played so many good games against each other. You had the state final when Savage had the ball and dribbled like Jimmy from Hoosiers and then sank the championship shot. You had Jones and Kimball going against Laguerre and company. You had the blown transformer continued game last year that Lorenz won at the buzzer at Trinity on a Sunday morning. Now, you have this game which was one of the best, if not the best game, I have seen this season.

- I have a feeling we might see these 2 teams match up again in the semis or the finals in March.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:53 am

Are you guys off the Alvrnie band wagon yet they have a nice little team but are really only 4 deep, they will be scary first round match up but they are not a top 4 team this year, of course they could make a run again

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:00 am

SeacoastDad wrote:
nhhoopsguy wrote:Winny girls by six tonight over Dover, based on NHIAA !
Going 2-1 tonight was better than SB!
If Winny beats BG on Tues, and they both are tied, and both beat each other and then beat everybody else, it sure will be alot to sort out on #1 seed!

If the above plays out, I think it will come down to the 9th NHIAA tiebreaker, which is "As deternined by the sports committee." Here are the tiebreaking criteria:

1. Rating* in head-to-head competition which shall be the established team rating system based upon contests against opponents involved in the tie providing they have played each other the same number of times.
2. Rating against NHIAA divisional opponents selected for the tournament including all teams involved in a tie for the last position. Once the tournament teams have been selected, the teams that were tied for the last position are no longer used in breaking ties as they are not considered tournament teams.
3. Quality of wins against tournament teams in division including all teams involved in a tie for the last position. (Ranking) **
4. Rating against divisional opponents on the road***.
5. Rating against divisional opponents at home.
6. Wins on the road regardless of division.
7. Wins at home regardless of division.
8. If teams are tied after the first seven criteria, the team that defeated the highest NHIAA seeded team in their division (includes both tournament and non-tournament teams) will be selected.
9. As determined by the sports committee.
Sports commitee? Or a flip of coin?

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:21 am

Whatever the sports committee decides, I guess.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:45 am

Is this class the last year of Salem having Windham sudents?
I don't remember which year Windham started a HS, and the upper class students had a choice where to attend HS?

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:50 am

Gbear, T@F and myself have them picked 9th in the contest . You have them picked 7th. So I would say off the bandwagon.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 17th Games - Page 2 Empty I'm not a lawyer but,

Post  GNG Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:39 am

I could make a great presentation on why any one of 12 {yes 12} teams could win the division one crown this season.

The sad part is I could make an even BETTER presentation on why those same 12 teams won't win the division one crown this season.

I can't wait to see what happens. Can you imagine if you made a show featuring this season, following every club. It would have been unbelievable tv. Guaranteed ratings winner. Look at the storylines.

Merrimack- Best player in state returns, then injured. Looks like a MASH UNIT over there.
Central- Doc playing Houdini and pulling Lafond out of his hat at midseason.
West-The feel good story of the year turned into train wreck of the year.
North- suspensions to superstars, yet still in the hunt for top seed.
BG- trying to defend the crown is proving to be a much harder task
Trinity- how is this team not crushing all comers by 20 points a game?
Salem- The best pure shooter in the state who doesn't even score in the 1st 2 games of the year. He is a senior, and I never heard of him until now. How does that happen?
Londonderry- The never say die squad who all the top 4 coaches are praying don't make the tourny.
Keene-meltdown of nuclear proportions..

UNBELIEVABLE season so far. STAY TUNED...

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:41 am

re: the committee for seeding

Please just don't tell us their names are Larry, Moe, and Curly with alternates Shemp and Joe Laughing Laughing

As the saying goes - just win and don't leave it in "the officials" hands. If Winny wins later in season does that have more weight than BG stopping win streak? Who's to say. Both teams deserve #1 seed. As much as I hate them - some sort of game of chance probably becomes the best way to determine things. The difference between #1 and #2 is nothing as is the difference between #3 and #4/#5. But the gulf between 1/2 and 3/4/5 is much wider.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:46 am

nhhoopsguy wrote:Is this class the last year of Salem having Windham sudents?
I don't remember which year Windham started a HS, and the upper class students had a choice where to attend HS?

Windham HS opened in 2009.... From Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_High_School_(New_Hampshire)

"This also led the town of Windham to construct its own high school; the class of 2011 will be the last graduating class from Salem High to include students from Windham. All class of 2012 students from Windham were required to transfer to Windham High School, starting at the beginning of the 2009-2010 school year."

Last edited by JAF on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to fix link)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 am

"Londonderry- The never say die squad who all the top 4 coaches are praying don't make the tourny."
GNG

Yes GNG. With Londonderry's 51 - 29 victory over Exeter last night the Lancer march towards shocking the NH basketball world in the month of March now commences.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 17th Games - Page 2 Empty Girls D1 seeding

Post  NHRamFan Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:33 am

JAF wrote:re: the committee for seeding

Please just don't tell us their names are Larry, Moe, and Curly with alternates Shemp and Joe Laughing Laughing

As the saying goes - just win and don't leave it in "the officials" hands. If Winny wins later in season does that have more weight than BG stopping win streak? Who's to say. Both teams deserve #1 seed. As much as I hate them - some sort of game of chance probably becomes the best way to determine things. The difference between #1 and #2 is nothing as is the difference between #3 and #4/#5. But the gulf between 1/2 and 3/4/5 is much wider.

All BG has to do is win and this will be a moot point!

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:53 am

One hour solid hoop talk. Good show PETE. The one question I would have asked Doc was the addition of Dylan Lafond, and how it happened?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 17th Games - Page 2 Empty I missed the show

Post  Bert54the1 Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 am

No one asked Doc about Lafond? Maybe they knew that he'd hang up.

Merrimack just added a 6'7" shooter from Croatia. Just moved there. Enrolled Friday. It's Christmas in February for Goody's boys.

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:10 am

Went to the Bedford v. Sougehan game last night it was a very good game,and the crowds were great especially the Sabers, ( I wish the Nashua Ad would let the kids cheer) Mcmannus was a beast in the second half, Lin hurt himself earlier but played well, but the game is played at a different speed at D 1 then D 2. And the D 2 game is played all below the rim.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 am

Bert54the1 wrote:No one asked Doc about Lafond? Maybe they knew that he'd hang up.

Merrimack just added a 6'7" shooter from Croatia. Just moved there. Enrolled Friday. It's Christmas in February for Goody's boys.

Bert - Is that legit information or just kidding information?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 am

The 8 am to 9 am hour on WGIR was awesome stuff for HS hoops. You had Pete, Doc, Fitz and Dave Haley in studio.

Ohhh, I almost forgot. A hockey guy with the last name of Thaler was in studio also Sleep Sleep Sleep

Doc and Fitz talked about Sam Carey Day at SNHU. There was a great Q and A session between the coaches, Dave and the hockey guy. They talked about leadership and the issues each has with their team. Pete took a guess at how to pronounce a couple of Crusader names. He actually did pretty well. Fitz admitted he just deals with the first names of the Crusaders.

Really good stuff with the round table in studio discussion. No question it was the best show of the season. Kudos to Pete, Dave and......................................The hockey guy.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 am

If you really want to get your HS hoop fix turn the dial to WGAM 1250. A Spaulding asst coach is being interviewed right now.

Coach Keefe of Trinity is waiting in the wings to be interviewed in a few minutes.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 17th Games - Page 2 Empty Dylan Lafond

Post  tarrier Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:49 am

Just wanted to let you guys know that Dave Haley did ask Doc about Lafond's return...albeit off the air during a break. No big story here, Doc said it was pretty simple as the Little Green lost a kid to a broken hand(Freshman guard Brett Hansen) and he also had a kid quit the team(I assume Stephen Gomez but I'm not sure and Doc didn't say)...so they were shorthanded and Doc saw Lafond in the hallway and asked him if he wanted to come back and play. Done deal.

Lafond is a nice edition for Central in terms of added depth, but not a HUGE deal in my humble opinion. This is now Dawson Dickson's team in terms of the point guard position...and soph guard Mike Plentzas is probably ahead of Lafond in the rotation right now and moving forward.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:58 am

"Lafond is a nice edition for Central in terms of added depth, but not a HUGE deal in my humble opinion."
Mr Tarrier

Mr T: I was at the Spaulding OT victory over Central. In the 1st period the Central point guard position was having a difficult time with the Red Raider pressure ( 2 sophomores). Lafond came in for a key 4 minute sequence to settle down the running of the Little Green ship in the choppy waters. At the end of the game and in the OT Lafond was in to play defensive stopper on the Red Raider 3 shooters who had lit it up earlier in the game.

I will respectfully disagree with you and say it's a really big deal that Lafond is now on Central. This is similar to the Red Sox adding Doug Mientkiewicz at the trading deadline in 2004.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 17th Games - Page 2 Empty I don't see it that way Pete.

Post  GNG Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:58 am

Plentzas has been playing JV so his varsity minutes are limited.

I like LAFOND ALOT. He does all the little things that don't show up in the scorebook.

TOUGH, SCRAPPY DEFENDER.

He doesn't turn the ball over. I think that's a HUGE pickup.

Oh yeah I have him on my radar for the often overlooked {not by coaches} ALL HEART TEAM.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:05 pm

I would have liked to know when the deadline for official rosters are due in to the nhiaa.

I also would have liked to know what happened to his college track coach who said he didn't want him playing hoops for fear he would get hurt, and have his scholarship pulled.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 17th Games - Page 2 Empty I just noticed this

Post  GNG Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Memorial plays 4 games between now and Friday.

That's alot of games for 1 week.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 17th Games - Page 2 Empty I was kidding

Post  Bert54the1 Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Sorry. My apologies to all....the kids from Spain. Very Happy

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:54 pm

No problem Bert. We take pride here on the Forum when information is posted that it is legit. When people are kidding or busting chops a smily face will get the job done to prove it's kidding information and not legit. Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next