New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan. 17th Games

2 posters

Go down

Jan. 17th Games Empty Jan. 17th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Pickings are pretty slim for marquee matchups tonight. This is due to mid term week for a lot of schools.

The best I could find was:

Boys - D2 Pembroke at Coe-Brown D3 Campbell at Hopkinton D4 Sunapee at Derryfield

Girls - D1Trinity at Memorial D2 Kingswood at Portsmouth D3 Conant at Bow

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 17th Games Empty Re: Jan. 17th Games

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:30 pm

The Conant boys (D-3) fell from the ranks of the unbeaten yesterday, losing to Brattleboro VT, 51-44. Brattleboro would be a high D-2 school in NH, with just under 1000 students. I'll be at the Portsmouth-Kingswood game tonight. A Portsmouth win will set up another battle of the unbeatens, as the Clippers travel to Souhegan on Friday night. The Sabers are off until Friday.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Wouldn't be shocked if Windham gets their first win this year tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Windham is up on Milford 35-28 end of the 3rd.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Milfords struggles continue as Windham wins 49-41.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 pm

I saw the Bow girls defeat Conant 41 to 22. Bow was up 36 - 17 at the end of the 3rd period when I left. 5'7 Bow junior Lindsey Nerbonne had an outstanding game. She probably had about 20 points and about 8 steals after 3 periods. I saw her play last year and was impressed with her as a sophomore. She's even stronger this year and has a good defensive sense of where the ball is going and anticipates cutting off passing lanes. When she slashes to the hole she usually finishes with authority with her strong body. She is well deserving of the #9 player on Jeremy's rankings for the class of 2013.

Bow has some very strong bodies in their starting 5 which translates well on the offensive and defensive glass for the Falcons. Bow has only 2 seniors on the entire roster and they are now 11 - 0 on the season. There will be some good ball played by the Lady Falcons for the next few years. If every thing goes as planned Bow and Campbell might go into their Titanic clash on Jan. 31st as undefeated teams which would make for a great atmosphere at Campbell. Rumor has it that Jeremy will be in attendance with his video team for the big show down.

I saw on the NH Notebook site tonight's scheduled game between Trinity at Memorial girls has been moved to this Sunday at 12:30 pm. One can only think how Trinity fared on the Lord's Day with their 2 Sunday games last year. First, Allie Hartford won the game for Memorial with an elbow extended 3 pointer at the buzzer. Then a week or two later there was the bizzare rescheduling of the Salem at Trinity boy's game when the lights went out on a Friday night due to a blown transformer on Bridge St. They rescheduled the remainder of the game 2 days later, once again on the Lord's Day and they picked the game up in the 3rd period. For a short mini resumed game it was played at a frenzied physical pace and Cannone, the Salem QB, won it at the buzzer with another heart breaking 3 for a Trinity basketball squad.

The moral of the story might be that Catholic schools should really spend the Lord's Day as one of rest instead of rescheduling a basketball game Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down