New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Floras out for the year

5 posters

Go down

Floras out for the year Empty Floras out for the year

Post  tarrier Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:29 pm

GNG wrote about this earlier...and Merrimack coach Tim Goodridge has just confirmed to me over the phone that Dimitri Floras is out for the year with a broken wrist suffered in the win over Concord on Tuesday night. That is too bad, obviously for Merrimack...and also for fans of NH High School hoops who will sorely miss this outstanding player this year. The bright side? He's only a junior so(hopefully) we'll have 1 more year to watch him perform.

Coach Goodridge will be joining me and Marc Thaler tomorrow morning @ 8:15am on "The NH High School Sports Show" on WGIR-AM 610(Manchester area) and 96.7FM "The Wave"(seacoast area). The show airs from LIVE 7-9am on both stations and will also feature an interview with St. Thomas hoop coach Pat Quinn(7:40am) who will talk about his teams upset win over Portsmouth on Tuesday. We also talk NH High School hockey so senior captain Brady Bilodeau from Manchester Memorial will join us at 8:40am. Scott Crowder, founder of the New England Pond Hockey Classic next weekend in Meredith, NH will talk about that event at 7:15am.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Floras out for the year Empty Re: Floras out for the year

Post  NHHoopsFan Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Very unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear that.

NHHoopsFan
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Well, Dimitri Floras news was the biggest news at the start of the HS basketball season in NH. Unfortunately, Dimitri Floras news is the biggest news at the mid way point of the season.

If you check out the rest of Merrimack's schedule it has some iron and it has some weaker opponents left on it. Merrimack is still a dangerous team without Floras and can still secure a top 4 berth with the Gendron brothers, Peabody, Giannelli, etc.

Wishing the best for the Merrimack team with this set back and to the recovery of Dimitri from the unfortunate injury.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Too bad - hope he recovers smoothly and we get to see him next year. He is certainly an impressive player.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:37 am

Joe M. from nhhssports and the telegraph just tweeted " Merrimack's Dimitri Floras had MRI on wrist Friday, gets results Monday, according to player and coach. Could be out 12 weeks or 3-4 weeks." So there may be hope for Merrimack to get him back

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:09 am

Gary Fitz tweeted on the Telegraph last night that the mri reveals that the bone is broken, but Dimitri is hoping to return by early March.

I thought it was 12 weeks with a break, and 3 weeks with a sprain. I am more confused then before.

How about Fitzy breaking the story. The Telegraph got the story first. When was the last time that happened? Very Happy

OK, I just read it on the telegraph online. They are now saying 5 weeks. He is hoping to be back for the Central game which is the last game of the regular season.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 am

Maybe, Merrimack is using Bill Belichick as their spokesperson to release information on the Floras injury.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down