New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Pinky- Exeter, North- South, Merrimack- Keene, THursday night games.

4 posters

Go down

Pinky- Exeter, North- South, Merrimack- Keene, THursday night games.  Empty Pinky- Exeter, North- South, Merrimack- Keene, THursday night games.

Post  GNG Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Which one will I be at? None of them. Mad I would love to see Pinkerton- Exeter, however my hands are tied. I will be spending the night at the Currier Art gallery in Manch- Vegas.

Yep, Night at the Museum. farao Stop laughing, it's not as bad as it sounds. It's a new rock and roll exhibit that opens Thursday night. I have vip preview from 4-6, then the gates open to the public at 6. MAMA KICKS comes on at 7. I have secured 2 tickets for T@F{we all know his love for rock and roll}. Should be a fun night, all forum members are welcome. I might even dance, that's pretty funny so I'm told. Refreshments are available.

The Merrrimack contingent consists of the Cuipas, Mignaults, and the Remillard's. Basketball

Remember forum members there is more to life then sports. A little culture never killed anyone study study . {I hope that's true or I am a dead man}} affraid affraid

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Pinky- Exeter, North- South, Merrimack- Keene, THursday night games.  Empty Pinky- Exeter, North- South, Merrimack- Keene, THursday night games.

Post  Stead Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey GNG, have fun at the event, I heard that Mama Kicks is awesome! I think that you are the one to answer a couple of questions that I have but I would appreciate everyone’s opinion. I am thinking that Exeter would be running away with D2 this year with only BG (maybe Dover) in their way and even then from what I have seen, I would have to give the Blue Hawks the edge. I think that Exeter's schedule has been a little soft and I see the Astro's beating them handily, not necessarily a blowout. How would you rank this year’s PA team against the 2010 BG team. I know the PA side as intimately as you know the BG side. Of course the athletes would need to be scaled to create an apples to apples situation. I think it would be a helluva game. I also read somewhere that BG may be moving to D1 next year, any truth to that? More like four questions now

Stead
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Pinky- Exeter, North- South, Merrimack- Keene, THursday night games.  Empty Re: Pinky- Exeter, North- South, Merrimack- Keene, THursday night games.

Post  E.I.R. Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:41 pm

For my money, the BG 2010 team pre-Kelly injury and the 2011 Pinkerton team is a great game. Unfortunately by the end of last year though the Cards limped into the championship game (in fact about 10 kids LITERALLY limped onto the field, injuries were bad). BG was lucky to win that game last year, the Warriors coaching blew that game in my opinion. The 2009 BG team vs. Pinkerton would look like the BG-CM game last week, that team was DAMNED good.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Pinky- Exeter, North- South, Merrimack- Keene, THursday night games.  Empty Re: Pinky- Exeter, North- South, Merrimack- Keene, THursday night games.

Post  Stead Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:19 pm

EIR, my bad, I meant the 09 BG team, I don't think last years BG team would have come close to beating this PA team even with Kelly. I think that this team would be a good challenge for that 09 BG team and definately not a this year's BG/CM, hell they only won 35-7 in the first game of the year (09) against the worst team PA has fielded in seven years. I definately agree that BG team was special, but with PA winning D1 last year very young and rolling this year (still young) they are in a position to possibly rip off a few in a row. I say the 09 BG team possibly beats PA's current team in a squeaker.

Stead
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Maybe the BG-CM game this year is an exaggeration but last year's score wouldn't surprise me (ie 26-14, somewhere in that area). Keep in mind in that 2009 35-7 victory BG played their backups most of the 4th quarter. First game of the year also calls for a more conservative playbook which was true for BG that year (I have no idea about Pinkerton's playbook so I cannot comment) and Mike Kelly was the kind of kid that leveled the playing field. No one stopped him the first 2 games before the injury and he was a solid defensive player as well. And BG had several other huge injuries late in the year that, if they had not happened, would likely have made that championship game a rout (Boykin, Remillard, Fucci, among others that played through some big time hurt). I say the healthy BG team from 2010 loses in a close match, wins by 2-3 TD in 2009 against this Pinkerton team.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Stead Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 pm

Great stuff EIR, I will tell you that in that 09 game, we stuffed the run (option) and they beat us down field against two inexperienced corners. Even if PA had solid corners, BG still would have won that game but it would have been much closer, I agree with you about Kelly all day long (he played with my younger son on the Shrine team this year) I agree with your take on it possibly being like last years score. In any case it's fun to compare. I will say that I knew last year watching this Astro team grow and bend and not break and beat two very good teams (Salem and North) for the championship that they would be something else this year. Keep in mind that The St Onges are juniors and Lattimore and Madden are sophomores as is half their line. BG 09 is one of the decade teams as were the 85 and 94 and 06 Astro's. Hopefully this years team will be the first millenial edition (Salem had a shot but blew it)

Stead
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stead Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:16 am

Upon further review, lets shake things up. I am not so sure that the 09 BG team beats this PA team. My gut tells me based on the body of work that they do but I will have to hold out and see the Exeter and Brockton (knowing they are down) games to make an accurate judgement. I do know that I would have loved to see Davies and Kell slamming into one another.

Stead
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 am

I have been waiting for that question Stead. Tough to say. I think it would have been a game for the ages.Valais, Phillips, Ferland, Kell,Kania are just a few of the studs that BG had. They were loaded and deep everywhere.

Pinkerton still has to run the table. No doubt they are awesome, and deep.

Not trying to duck the question, it's that you really never know with these hypothetical games. It's football ,anything can happen. I'll say this much, it would have been a heck of a better game then this year's BG- PINKY clash.

BG will be petitioning up to division 1 next season.

Stead, forgot to answer the Exeter question. Exeter would rule Division 2 this season.

If I had to give one word to describe the level of play in division 2 this season, that word would be HORRIBLE.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:03 am

Good point about culture, GNG. We should all set some time aside from the football fields, diamonds and courts to put bigger crevices in our minds.

Funny you should mention dancing. Looking at the cavalcade of Forum-ites that could hit the dance floor at The Currier I would venture to guess their dancing correlations would be:

Migs - (the one who I've actually seen dancing in the coaches box at various NH gyms) A trio mix of Vanilla Ice, Milli Vanilli and Rudolph Nureyev.

Mr Cuips - He can't even negotiate the steps leading out of Billy's so I fear for him and others what he is capable of doing on the dance floor.

Mrs Cuips - Madonna circa Blonde Ambition Tour from early 90s. Is it Truth or Dare?

Mrs GNG - Mia Farrow in The Great Gatsby. Elegant, reserved and quietly classy. The antithesis of her other Merrimack half lol!

GNG - Baloo the Bear from Jungle Book.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:43 am

I'm not going to lie. It was an interesting sight to see GNG walking around the Currier Museum last night. There was a classy, reserved sedating mood to the evening. These are 3 words that usually aren't associated with.....

.....Wait a minute. There was a crime movie called The Long Goodbye. Last night just before Mama Kicks came on GNG disappeared like DB Cooper out of a northwest bound plane with NO GOODBYE.

I thought. What if Jeremy L. kidnaps me and throws me in his NH Notebook dungeon and never allows me to post on the Forum again? I will have never said goodbye to GNG.

Maybe, GNG got caught up in the rock photography exhibit and the pictures of the Beatles had a big impression on him:

I don't know why you DIDN'T(my revision to the song) say goodbye
I say hello
Hello, hello
I don't know why you DIDN'T(see above) say goodbye
I say hello

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down