New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special

+4
JAF
Tuesday and Friday
goldenbear
GNG
8 posters

Go down

North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special Empty North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special

Post  GNG Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:20 am

Nhiaa has wrong date on their site. NH SPORTS FORUM has it right. Just trying to help the hoop junkies get to the game {on the right day} Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special Empty Re: North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special

Post  goldenbear Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Yes and I think SOuth moved their game as well to Thursday not sure why

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special Empty Re: North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:13 pm

How about the right time?

6:30 or 7:00 pm? I know BG has a different way of doing things.... from start times to admissions.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:17 pm

The Athletic contest will commence at 6:30 pm.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Thank you.

And for those of you reeling from the bad economy, bring a couple of extra bucks. BG charges champagne athletic admission prices while most of us have beer wallets.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:56 am

"Someone" has to pay for the heat in the gym Laughing

BG's prices are still better than the NHIAA and they're not subsidized by the taxpayers.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Falling upon deaf ears of those of us, including myself, with beer wallets. Mad

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special Empty North at BG

Post  rwvogeley Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Ox(aka GNG)

It will be a great game tonight especially if BG can ge the students to the game .
Lane has done a great job keeping North from falling apart particularly with the suspensions his team has endured.
Ryan ability wise is one of the top guards in the state.
However

Looking for BG to win because of depth of their guard play, especially Boykins(quick on quick) and Toscano.
If Mellin matches up with Lunn, BG needs to go inside then outside for Kesty and McCarthy.

Loser of this game could start a downward spiral past the 8th position which means first game on the road.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Just heard North beat BG

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:39 pm

South dominated West with out Muccioli who was hurt bruised shoulder and McCrae, won by 14 or so up 20 most of the second half West made a mini spurt to cut it to 12

I know West was with out Jocarl and I think Abdullah did not play either, but they had Martin, Jacques, Flynn, and Travis D

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:00 am

Ryan Gauthier lead North with 25 points. At this point, even though Gauthier missed some regular season games due to suspension, I would have to make him a sure bet for 1st team all state. If North does well in their final 4 tough games against Merry, Central, Alvirne and West and if Gauthier scores a bunch of points, then you would have to give some serious consideration to him for POY.

Here's a thought. If the season ended today Trinity would finish 1st in the regular season. At this point I wouldn't even consider any Pioneer for POY. At this point I wouldn't even consider any Pioneer for 1st team all state.

How crazy is that in this crazy D1 basketball season?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special Empty BG and North

Post  rwvogeley Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:40 am

I agree with your assessment of Ryan. I am happy for him, in that he was able to show everyone his natural ability. Too bad he did not show it over the past four years.
I would have Ryan and Dimitri Floras at the guards for the all state team.
Still go with Tyler Gendron for player of the year. He led by example when Dimitri went down.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:26 am

Muciloi as to be on all State as well and you really cant put a kid that missed a 1/4 of the season due to suspension on All state.

I do agree Genderon as to be the leading candidate for player of the year

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special Empty North at BG

Post  rwvogeley Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:33 am

Goldenbear,

That raises an interesting perspective. If you do take all players that were suspended, or had academic difficulty,they should not be eligible.
On the other hand, if you were starting a team and had to pick players who would you pick???
I would probably go three guards with Anthony, because he can break a defense down and does dish the ball, and plays the good Mazzerolle defense.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:59 am

I agree in principle with you goldenbear but suspensions don't seem to factor into all state selections. Floras was first team last year after missing a good chunk of the season because of a suspension.

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:06 am

RW, I can't put Floras on my all state team. He's missed too much of the season. It's pretty much a given he would be on 1st team if he missed 2, 3 or 4 games. At this point Merrimack has played 13 games and Floras has missed 6 of them. Whether he comes back or not he will probably miss more than half their games or maybe 2/3 of them. You can't justify putting a player on an all state team who missed 1/2 to 2/3 of the season. It just isn't fair to a lot of other players who played in 14 to 18 games.

A couple years ago there was a sentiment to put Jake Nelson of South on some all state team. He injured himself early in the season and came back towards the very end. I believe he participated in a few games. Some wanted him as an honary all state member. Life isn't fair and injuries are part of it. Not making an all state team due to an injury is part of the LIF too.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special Empty Eligibility for All State

Post  rwvogeley Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:09 am

I am very familiar with Jake and his family and the injury two years ago. The main difference there was that jake was also honored as a McDonalds honorable mention player.
If I was recruiting for a guard, Floras has tremendous separation from the pack on his ability with Ryan second and Mucciolli third.

I agree that players who do not get suspended, for academic or teams violations, should be the only players eligible.
I just do not want to hear some parent trying to sell that their child is better because they made the all state team over a player
who isn't eligible.

Still believe that Gendron from Merrimack is the player of the year not only for his ability but for leadership at a difficult time for his
team.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  NHSports11 Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I do agree that Tyler Gendron has stepped up for Merrimack in a time of desperation. The thing is though, he hasn't been a "standout" player night in and night out. I've seen a few games where his brother outshines him. This isn't taking away from what the Gendron brothers have had to do without Floras, but the team still is not a top team without Floras. If he isn't back for the playoffs and at least 90% healthy, Merrimack could be bounced out pretty early. In my opinion, the player of the year should go to Salem's Benjamin Slepian. This kid has put a team that was projected to finish in the middle of the pack on his back and has been the most consistent shooter in division one. His three point shot is a dagger for any team and he has to be one of the toughest players to stop. He came out of basically nowhere to average almost 21 points a game. That is who I believe deserves player of the year honers.

NHSports11
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:33 pm

NHSports11 wrote:I do agree that Tyler Gendron has stepped up for Merrimack in a time of desperation. The thing is though, he hasn't been a "standout" player night in and night out. I've seen a few games where his brother outshines him. This isn't taking away from what the Gendron brothers have had to do without Floras, but the team still is not a top team without Floras. If he isn't back for the playoffs and at least 90% healthy, Merrimack could be bounced out pretty early. In my opinion, the player of the year should go to Salem's Benjamin Slepian. This kid has put a team that was projected to finish in the middle of the pack on his back and has been the most consistent shooter in division one. His three point shot is a dagger for any team and he has to be one of the toughest players to stop. He came out of basically nowhere to average almost 21 points a game. That is who I believe deserves player of the year honers.

Slepian's a worthy candidate as well, but Coach McLaughlin himself said he thinks Jonathan Klecan should be Player of the Year. Check out the article on Friday night's Salem vs. Trinity game on nhnotebook.com. I would say if anyone gets POY from Salem it would be Klecan.

That being said, I still stand behind my position that we shouldn't be doing any discussing or voting for all-state or player of the year awards until AFTER the state tournament is over. Otherwise it's like the people who vote for the academy awards only watching the first 3/4 of all the movies before voting!

Last edited by Jeremy Leveille on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NHSports11 Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Sure Klecan is a great point guard and defender, but without Slepuan these guys have nowhere near as many wins as they do. And I don't think that discussing our opinions is a negative thing. Just saying.

NHSports11
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Shot clock and voting for honors after the playoffs. Two things I agree with you 100% Jeremy.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Pipe dream Jeremy to wish for voting to be done after the playoffs. You're not going to change a system that has beeen in place for a long time. Plus if you based it on playoffs and if some team got upset in the 1st or 2nd round then voters would hold it against that player.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Less players making all-state during the year and add an all tournament team. I think if you moved all-state/POY voting til after the tourney The person that may have been the POY throughout the season may get upset in the tourney which allows maybe someone that wasn't playing like a POY during the reg season just turn it on during the playoffs and win POY.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Absolutely Bigman. I agree with you 100%.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

North at BG Boys game, Thursday night special Empty Player of Year

Post  rwvogeley Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:27 am

Player of the Year is for the most outstanding player of the regular season.
Most Outstanding Player(formerly MVP) is for the Most Outstanding Player of the Tournament.
I agree that if a players team gets upset in an early round, it would take away from his level of play for the regular season. People have a tendency to only talk about what is still going on-the state tournment.
It would also be interesting to see how many players make the all state team due to their dedication to being better. These are usually the players that a year ago you maybe weren't aware they existed.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down