New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Baseball is dead to me

+2
Tuesday and Friday
bb603
6 posters

Go down

Baseball is dead to me Empty Baseball is dead to me

Post  bb603 Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:44 am

High school, Legion and the Red Sox all underacheived in 2011.

I am deeply depressed about baseball.

My son's high school team underacheived during his senior year. It was very disappointing to watch a potentially good team lose many games by throwing the ball away on defense and making foolish base running mistakes. They made the playoffs, but definetly did not play up to their potentail in 2011.

Legion ball was the same. A change of coach after the HS season did not reduce the errors or improve the base runnng.

The Red Sox then kept the disappointment going.

Baseball is dead to me. (Probably until I get caught up in an exciting MLB playoff game over the next week or so).

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Baseball is dead to me Empty Re: Baseball is dead to me

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:36 pm

I hear you bb. It is sad to see some one like Tito step down/forced out?? out of the Red Sox organization. The Red Sox team was totally reprehensible to watch over the last 30 days. I know Tito did his best to navigate this team through a tough month with injuries, under performing players and some players who probably tuned him out by the 2nd week of September. The September 2011 Red Sox is a glaring example of highly paid athletes who have entitlement and no heart or passion and send a really good guy like Tito down the tubes. Tito should've been like Earl Weaver spending the rest of his managerial career with one club and retiring with a full blown deserved ceremony at Fenway Park.

So, now what? The Red Sox Big Trio will continue to sell their minion-like over priced Red Sox Nation memberships, over priced Red Sox destination trips, and over priced bricks to make you feel like you are a TRUE Red Sox fan.......If you open up your wallet and hand over some more money. All the while 5, 10 or 15 years will go by and then they'll offer to Tito to throw out the first pitch of some season opener so he can get the accolades that were put on hold for a few years.

John Lackey.......

Take away the $$$, the underWHELMING performance since he's been a member of the Red Sox and the extremely bad body language along with the constant rolling of the eyes......He is a dislikeable human being. Divorcing his wife while she's going through breast cancer?

Gee, how will Johnny handle breast cancer awareness day in MLB next season? Will he wear a couple of patronizing pink sweat bands or pitch with a pink glove? Money doesn't buy you character. He is broke in that department.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Baseball is dead to me Empty It is Sad

Post  boxout Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:51 pm

My initial reaction to the loss the other night was much like yours BB. I really don't mind my teams losing, but please lose with pride and dignity. I am disgusted with the Red Sox, it hurts I am a life long fan. I didn't lose it when they choked in '78, they seemed beat up to me that year. They blew it in '03 and it didn't bother me as much as this year. Expecting Wakefield to win a game in late Relief is asking a lot. This year it hurts, A-Gone checked out in Mid-August, Beckett checked out after ankle injury. The list goes on and on and on. Crawford checked out day one. The only two players who are safe in my opinion are Pedroia and Ellsbury. These overpriced millionaires wanted to drink beer during games, I can't believe that that was going on. These players actually work about 6 hours a day. Remember much of that 6 hours can be fun time too. They don't have bosses on their backs all day long. If Agone needs his shoulder rubbed, it gets rubbed, all on company time. If Pedroia and Franconia are playing chess before a game is that really working? It is not just the Red Sox, all athletes get to do things that they are suppose to be working. I don't get mad at a game of chess, but it is taking time away from BP or fielding.
Please don't take it as a pointing at Francona, he should still have his job and T&F is right, this should have been his last managerial stop.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:40 pm

It will be very interesting to see 2 things play out for the Red Sox next year:

1) At 30 years old is this what we get from Crawford in a big market? Are his skills eroding or can he just not handle playing in front of 37K to 50K people on a nightly basis? 18 stolen bases? Terrible on base percentage? Even when he hit the ball into outs most of the time the ball came weakly off his bat....dribblers and pop fly outs. Just a miserable year for the former Sox Killer.

2) Gonzo's shoulder. Not only was he powerless the 2nd half of the year it seemed like more than half his outs were weak hoppers to the 2B and 1B. Did his shoulder digress over the year? Did he injure it in the HR Derby? It would not surprise me to see something come out in the next few weeks about some problem with his shoulder. I know the subject of lack of conditioning is being bantered about in New England the last few days for the Red Sox team as a whole. Gonzo's body looks like a ball player who his in his late 30s and is in the last year or 2 of his career and just looking to hang on as a back up or pinch hitter. My God I can't believe he's only in his late 20s. His body does not look it.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Who are these "Red Sox" you all speak of? Sounds like some sort of traveling circus.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:59 pm

One of my son's baptized middle name is FENWAY. That should tell you all you need to know about my passion for the sox.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:51 pm

And the other son's baptized middle name is Hornets Nest Stirrer.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:36 pm

No, his name is HOLDEN. I let my wife pick that one.

I hope Tampa wins it all now.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Baseball is dead to me Empty AND THE YANKEES LOSE, THE YANKEES LOSE.

Post  GNG Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:25 am

BB603. That put a big ole Very Happy on my face. Gotta feelin today is going to be a great day. I get to rag on all my friends that our YANKEE fans. Yep gonna be a great day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:29 am

Note how it stopped raining the day the Yankees are out. Someone upstairs is no longer crying! Serves them right for not playing the game the right way for the last week of the season.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:32 am

When I saw the 3 batters coming up for the Yankees in bottom of the 9th and saw Arod was 3rd I said to myself this is potentially a nice ending from a baseball God screenwriter for the movie known as the 2011 Yankees.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down