@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Snow Snow Go Away

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snow Snow Go Away

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:25 pm

And come back after basketball season is over.

Latest forecast calls for 6 to 9 inches of snow tomorrow starting early am and continuing to early pm. It looks like another snow day/cancellation of basketball games is on our door step. There is a FULL slate of games tomorrow. Rumor has it another snow storm might be on the way for next Tuesday. Major rescheduling headaches could be looming.

It looks like we might be going over Unique Basketball situations all weekend so our basketball minds don't become dull.

This winter is starting to become old real quick.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

We need reschedule dates

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:42 pm

I wish the NHIAA did a better job updating the site on rescheduled games and cancelations. You would think they could have a way for the schools to update them and get things done on the site. Does not seem to happen. So if anyone gets info on a cancelation or a rescheduled game please post it. As basketball fans we need to work together.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Re: Snow Snow Go Away

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Absolutely agree with you on that one, ChiKid. The NHIAA does not do a good job on rescheduled games. Sometimes you look at a team's schedule and they will still have a game from 1 to 2 weeks ago that shows no W or L. Then all of a sudden they have the result and a W or L on the schedule, but there was no information for the rescheduled game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:45 pm

If you think its bad for basketball here in NH, try baseball! Getting 16-18 games into a 6-7 week time frame. Not uncommon to be playing your first game with snow flakes in the air. Rain storms can tend to make some fields unplayable for 2 or 3 days. You also have pitching rules that limit coach, especially when you are faced with an already tight schedule getting crunched even more due to weather.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Baseball

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Has not effected Portsmouth in the least. I agree though it is tough on Baseball with this weather.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:11 pm

True, but baseball is more difficult for a coach to deal with. Pitching rules make schedule changes very tough, something a basketball coach does not have to contend with. It is not like your starting center or your PG on Tuesday not be eligible to play that position on Friday! Portsmouth has survived it by having the best feeder system in the state. They always have a number of quality pitchers, something most teams in NH never have. Couple of years back they had Ben Hart and Tim Welch who are both pitching in college now. Most NH teams are lucky to have one guy of that caliber on their team. They have pumped quite a group in the past few years, and it all goes back to a great LL system that feeds into the Mavericks AAU program and then into HS & Legion ball. Time will tell how long they remain the top dog, but I do not see them falling very far the top in the near future.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm

While we are on the subject of baseball,the new bg baseball coach is the real deal.My call is guertin gets back to baseball respectability starting this season.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:07 pm

This is what I love about basketball. When the games ARE played it's usually around 70 degrees, no rain, flakes or mud. No fertilizer has to be used to grow the wood court either.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:15 pm

An actual game is being played tonight:

End of the 1st period Milford 21 Sanborn 6. Milford's starters were Holder and 4 bench players.

Halftime Milford 44 Sanborn 16

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Final Milford 81 Sanborn 35

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:58 pm

"You might see Sanborn doing this when they play Milford. No disrespect to my hometown club - but they do not belong in DII, it will be a bloodbath." The Assistant

Speaking of blood bathing, Assistant, I noticed Sanborn has girls and boys A and B squads in the Tri-County Middle School Basketball League. All 4 teams are a combined 0 - 35 as of this writing.

0 - 35? What is going on in Sanborn, Assistant?

They went from D3 to D2 this year. It looks like Sanborn won't be hanging around D2 much longer.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 pm

From those I've talked to - the AD needs to petition to move down in most of their sports. Their softball teams is one of the best in the state however.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:20 am

A LOT of school cancellations today.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

THROW THIS LOG IN THE FIRE

Post  GNG on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:41 am

I don't know about other schools,but bg is allowed to do ZERO after 6pm on finals week.Finals are now ending on Wednesday of next week.That means that they not only have to make up the Exeter game{today},but also the Memorial game that is scheduled for Tuesday.That is just one schools scheduling nightmare.Just saw on NECN another storm for next week.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

April Madness here we come

Post  chicagokid43 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 pm

We may be playing the final four in April...lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:43 pm

No, I don't think so. NHIAA would opt for teams to play 4 to 6 games the last 10 to 14 days of the season than to change the playoff schedule. I would agree with NHIAA on this.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

elephant in the room and nobody is talking about it.

Post  GNG on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:31 am

wgam had coach Holmes on the radio this morning,talking about tonight's matchup with bg.One host started talking about tranfers and one in particular{had to be holler},then awkward silence you could just visualize the other host waving his arms and shaking his head no,no,no.The first host then stumbles and apologizes saying he lost his train of thought, and went in another direction.My theory is coach Holmes must have said I don't want to talk about Holler before he came on,and it didn't get relayed to the second host.TOO FUNNY.My theory was proven correct in the second hour,they came clean on the mixup.Kudos to them.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum