@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

D2 baseball

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D2 baseball

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Anyone know how D2 is shaping up? I didn't follow baseball that much last year hopefully I can get out to some more games this year. SportsAnimal do you guys cover baseball? How's Portsmouth looking this year? They've dominated since coming into Class I/D2 winning 3 'ships in a row (3 out 4 since being in D2) seems like they run an outstanding program. Souhegan's generally a solid program, Who's looking to contend this year?

Back to top Go down

Re: D2 baseball

Post  abball on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Portsmouth is the favorite they have won something like 50 or 60 games in a row something crazy. They lost a lot with Montville and jones. But they lost a little in pitching. But Portsmouth has been a baseball factory over the past decade and recently past 5 years. They just breed them up there. Always well coached they will be tough to beat.

Souhegan should be good the return there top two pitchers.

Remember Goffstown went down to d2 and last year they won the state legion tourney and they have been a power house in d1 for the past couple years. I think they will be very good and could give Portsmouth some trouble.

Bedford they made it to the championship last year and they return there two best pitchers Maher who also played basketball and Olen. They will have strong pitching but offense will be there weak spot.

St thomas should be up in the top also. Even though they lost Coppinger and Johnson they have Bean and they are always pretty good.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

abball

Post  GNG on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:34 pm

You are the man. I forgot Gtown was d2. Those boys can mash the potato.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  abball on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:59 pm

They sure can GNG. They are always well coached and always can hit. IM sure there are a lot of d1 teams that are happy they dont have to play goffstown anymore

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Ironic

Post  chicagokid43 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 am

Ironic that the guy that has lost the most weight from the forum would spin great plate appearances in Goffstown into mashed potatoes. Being awake at 1am I need no food references on the forum. This Spring diet is tough enough as it is.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Schedules are out, glad to see Portsmouth is making a trip to Souhegan and Bedford hopefully can go see those games.

Back to top Go down

Those should be good games

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Those should be good games, Bedford played Portsmouth tough last year I am sure Joey Maher is looking for the ball against them this year.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  abball on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:29 pm

And dont forget Maher is going to Northeastern next year to pitch. He is one of the best pitchers in d2 if not the whole state

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Yep, great kid as well

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:38 pm

Yep, real happy for Joey. He is a great kid and doing what he has worked very hard for..

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:02 pm

bigman44 wrote:Anyone know how D2 is shaping up? I didn't follow baseball that much last year hopefully I can get out to some more games this year. SportsAnimal do you guys cover baseball? How's Portsmouth looking this year? They've dominated since coming into Class I/D2 winning 3 'ships in a row (3 out 4 since being in D2) seems like they run an outstanding program. Souhegan's generally a solid program, Who's looking to contend this year?

Unfortunately we're not doing baseball- I lost this argument with the bosses. I'm hoping we can do the championship game perhaps, regardless of who is in it.
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth could set National record

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Just read the NHSportsPage baseball preview, I knew they had dominated but wow 12 wins away from setting the National Record in consecutive wins. Think they break the record?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum