New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Bruins Playoff Run

3 posters

Go down

Bruins Playoff Run Empty Bruins Playoff Run

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri May 20, 2011 8:11 am

Nice little run by the Bruins...I'm not a huge hockey fan during the regular season, but simply LOVE playoff hockey when the Bruins are involved. Really is a lot of passion, and you can't take plays off. In basketball you can make a bad decision, or not get back on D, and make up for it very quickly. In hockey, you make a mistake and you've dug your team a hole in potentially not only the game but also the series.

If the Bruins can make it to the Cup Finals I think they'll have trouble with Vancouver, but really looking forward to watching. I mean its MAY and we're watching Hockey!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Bruins Playoff Run Empty Re: Bruins Playoff Run

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri May 20, 2011 8:51 am

I hear you Asst.

Could you do me a favor. If you run into Claude Julien in the near future please ask him a question for me:

Why didn't Tyler Seguin play in the Habs or Flyers series?

I'm going to give Cloooood the benefit of the doubt and say he was a coaching genius to know they would get by the Canadiens after being down 2 - 0 and figured they'd pull out the Game 7 OT, which would lead to Broom City vs Brotherly Love. This way, he could interject a 19 year old energetic sniper into the Thunder and Lightning series to throw them for a loop. Oh and I forgot. Cloooood figured on Bergeron sustaining a mild concussion to have a chance to insert Seguin into the lineup. Coaching genius.

As you can see I am not a big fan of Cloooood Julien who was born in Blind River Ontario.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri May 20, 2011 9:06 am

Even with the Bruins having a coach who hails from a place called Blind River, I must say last night's 2 - 0 victory was huge. In Game 2 it looked like the B's would have a very difficult time dealing with the offensive power of the Lightning as the series continued. To go into Tampa Bay's building and shut them out in Game 3 is huge. I'm starting to really feel it about the B's possibly doing something they haven't done in 39 years.

With that being said, Vancouver will be very formidable if the B's face them in the Lord Stanley Final. The Canucks power play is unbelievable. The difference between the C's and the B's power play is the B's move the puck around for 10 to 20 seconds to create a blast from 35 to 50 feet from Chara, Seidenberg, etc. The C's move the puck around for 10 to 15 seconds to get sniper shots in the slot from about 15 to 25 feet or one timer put home shots to the side of the net from 3 to 8 feet. The C's are more skilled on their power play and it makes you play a consumate mental game to stay out of the penalty box against them.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri May 20, 2011 10:57 am

They haven't won anything yet - but building on last nights game, which IMO was the first game they looked like a real Cup contender this entire playoff run - things are looking good.

As far as Seguin goes, this has been burning up the Boston Sports Talk Radio airwaves. The kid had like 11 goals in 74 games or something, not bad, but not great. People had high expectations of him. He came down to earth a bit last night, but played ok. That 2nd goal shouldn't have been credited to him (maybe they took it away by now?). He's got talent, and should be out there. This is great experience for a kid that could be on the Boston greats if he continues to make his mark this playoff year and in the future.

It is funny that Claude basically was forced to play him after Bergerons injury and that is how the kid is getting all the press and excitement surrounding him. Wasn't Claude's mastermind at work, that's for sure. His hand was forced. But to Seguins credit - the opportunity presented itself and he jumped all over it, now Claude HAS to play him the rest of the playoffs, or his head will be on a stick somewhere outside North Station by June.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:12 am

Predictions for the game tonight????

I got Bruins 2-1. I can also see them running away with it. Just don't see the Canucks offense producing more than 2 goals. If the B's play physical and don't turn the puck over they got it wrapped up. Can't wait!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 pm

I don't really see the Canucks allowing the B's to run away with it, the first periods in almost all the games in Vancouver the B's have come out slow and kind of stayed that way the whole game. I hope to see the B's come out physical, and unloading shots on Luongo. I like the prediction of 2-1.

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:31 am

Congrads to the Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup CHAMPS!

Also to Tim Thomas for the MVP - Great Story!!!

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Growing up outside Burlington VT I remember watching the UVM team of Thomas. Eric Perrin and Martin St. Louis, they were very special. His story is really one kids should grasp on to, the message to never give up.

I mean how many times was this guy knocked down before he got the ultimate goal? Just last year he was the 2nd string goalie after being the best in the league the year before. Won his job back, led his team to the Stanley Cup and won the Con Smythe. Just a great story of persistence.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down